Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Not unsurprising at all. I don’t think there’s much loved lost between Meaghan and the wider Windsor family at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd say she was because otherwise she'd make it known she wasn't asked.

It will be interesting to see if Harry is kept in the background, that might be why she isn't going, plus she'd need a brass neck to face them all on their own turf.

Post edited by Leg End Reject on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Probably will give a statement or interview closer to the time detailing her 'truth'.😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭rogber

Gathering material for the next book, I suspect...

He won't have much time. Apparently it's a short visit.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's a shame the kids will grow up completely estranged from their cousins and extended family (on both sides) really.

I don't think the RF would have been so classless as to not invite the entire Sussex family, even if they don't like Meghan. I do think that that there were demands from the Sussexes that weren't given into though, and that's why only Harry is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm surprised they even invited Harry tbh, literally anything he sees or hears will be sensationalised and put right into the explosive bestseller "Spare 2.0 - Coronation Truth".

Or if he is kept shoved in a corner where he cant get gossip he'll just fill the book with how he was excluded from things because he married a black woman and use that to fill the book instead.

His involvement just causes them more trouble.

As seen on Instagram..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I think Harry will be in London anyway for the court case against the Mirror & Sun starting 9 May. He will be one of 4 giving evidence to see if the case will go to trial. Think you might be seeing a lot of Harry over the next month or two between the 2 court cases that are going ahead.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-mirror-b2314753.html

• Advertisement

In fairness I’d prefer to see Harry any day compared to that pompous slimeball Andrew

It’s his self pitying that’s tiresome at this stage- he and is wife are living a life of complete privilege - I don’t give two damns about how many feicing security guards he needs or how small his bedroom was compared to Williams - it was likely more square footage than most council houses and if he can’t afford the amount of security he thinks he needs, let him downsize his house or buy a pad in Trump Tower- they’re half the price and of course you’re guaranteed good security there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Clarkson makes a Meghan comparison to a fantasy fiction show and everybody loses their damn minds. Wootton makes a comparison between the Sussexs and the Nazi sympathising Windsors and nobody blinks.

Is it that even Daily Mail readers don't read the Daily Mail?

I had a quick look and am not a fan of Dan W but I think he's just saying they should be banished. Certainly I don't think there's any big occasions coming up that Harry and Meghan would make an appearance at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Have Harry and Meghan been seen together at all in recent times?

Do you think Andrew should be banished as well? When you say banished, do you think he shouldn't be allowed into the UK for his court cases coming up?

Yes, they are minding their own business out in California and yet the British press can't stop talking about them. Harry has written one (bestseller) memoir and gave about 3 interviews. Its the British press who can't stop having a go at him and Meghan. We have already seen them at the Queen's funeral where they didn't put a foot out of place. Similarly with the Jubillee. They stayed out of sight as much as possible. What do they think they would do at the Cornation? Its the British press that would upstage KCII by making it all about H&M.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

This is a parley on both sides.

BP inviting both of them knowing that H&M are aware that the seating arrangements will firmly place them in the obscure or best-hidden ranks of minor royals and seated between Zara or the Queen's doddery old cousins who nobody can name and disgraced Andrew with a big fat candle blocking the camera for good measure.

H&M know that if they do turn up, they'll likely be booed by the crowds, and will end up with sod all decent footage. If that happens, the illusion that they are senior royalty and are a step above ordinary celebrities will vanish, and their value of their brand takes a dive. In celeb circles, they are still A+ list, but that's not ever what they wanted. The USP they sold for the lucrative deals was being front and centre of all the royal pomp and ceremony, and being in that elite and mysterious inner circle.

The crowd might have held back heckling them at the funeral for the occasion that was in it and out of respect for a grieving family. But this is the coronation of a king who's already far less likeable than his ma, and his Queen who people openly despise, and an ostentatious display of colonial wealth in a country that's beleaguered with strikes and cost of living struggles. So it makes sense that the strategy would be to let the H&M /Andrew hecklers drown out any who are shouting down Charles and Camilla and in fact, it was probably hoped for by BP that Meghan would turn up to take the heat off Camilla.

Meghan staying at home to bake a cake for her 4yo's birthday, while Harry grits his teeth to do the bare minimum required of a Duke is a far better optic for the couple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

We're like salt and pepper. We always move together. Except to the Coronation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

I'll ask a perfectly simple question again

Have Harry and Meghan been seen together at all in recent times?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Start of March was the last time I think. "Papped" at a private members club. Around the time of the Frogmore eviction news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭rogber

Such stupid names they give their kids. Take them out of the royal family but you can't take the family out of them it seems

You'd think Harry would take the kids, if even for them to be a part of such an historic occasion. I doubt any of them will be getting an invite to Williams coronation if things carry on the way they have been.

Since they have been evicted from their home in Windsor, where would they stay that would be secure? Any member of the royal family who would host them and has security would be terrified that they would become targets of the British tabloids.

If I was one of them, I think I'd find it sickening to have to watch the woman who destroyed their grandmother lives being anointed as Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Give it a rest with the Diana the victim narrative. She had plenty of affairs of her own. Her life was far from destroyed. What was it about having free millions and a jet set lifestyle and loads of wealthy boyfriends post separation that you think falls under the heading 'destroyed'? She was hardly claiming deserted wives and living in a high rise in the next tower block to Delboy.

Absolutely and if Harry stuck to his principles, he would stay away. Also Camilla didn't exactly force Diana into a car with a drunk driver without also wearing a seat belt!

• Advertisement

Kids that young won't find anything "sickening" about it. Charles and Camilla have been married for almost 20 years now and I doubt they know that much about the affair etc. They are kids, with the oldest being just 9, it would be extremely weird and a sign of inappropriate parenting if they were reacting as you describe! Probably time to let it go tbh. Diana seemed fairly happy in life after her divorce anyway and very far from "destroyed". Very melodramatic!

Other world leaders and public figures attending don't seem to have had any issue finding secure lodgings. Are Harry and Meghan even more special than them? I thought they had been offered somewhere to stay by the rf anyway. I highly doubt it's a shed out the back without security.

Advertisement