Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Why didn't you say so? I'm heading over to the nearest Porsche dealer to let them know that new cars and no value and they need to give me the keys to the new Taycan they have on display.

Your statement is baseless. The value in ANY car, new or used is whatever the buyer will hand over. Plenty of newly purchased cars (especially EVs) in recent years were sold at much higher prices than what they were new. Also when buying new, you have the full warranty period and you get to choose what you want. There is value in that.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭staples7

Thanks but still showing 43k almost on Irish site homepage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

You have to click the cash option to see the final price including VRT less grant etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Nice one. I've put a deposit on one of the black M3P even though it just misses out on the grant.

Have 3 options now, all with VINs assigned;

1. M3 LR white / black from Jan 13th (will be dropping to approx 50k once the price changes update)

2. MY RWD Blue / white using a reservation from early Feb that had MY LR without VIN so I changed a few days ago (49k)

3. M3 P black / black at 60k

Will need to s**t or get off the pot soon...

Am leaning towards M3P at the moment though 🙂

Post edited by Foreign Sports on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭joe1303l

If you’re considering M3 P, would you not consider ordering a white one. Avail of the €5K grant and get it wrapped in whatever colour you want ?

Does the M3 P still have Brembo brakes or are they just cheap calipers painted red ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I would but it just has the generic Apr - June so not sure when one would arrive.

I'd presume M3P in white will be like MY LR in white or black that still gets the grant (i.e. like hens teeth - although a couple of Jan orders have vin's)

Plenty of orders of those from Jan still waiting on VINs.

So taking that into account some might be willing to pay the premium to get a black or red one in the next couple of weeks

Still has brembo as far as I know. The Y performance had rear Brembos but they changed the rears to Tesla brakes with plastic red covers recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭grimman

Question on charging a M3 LR

From what I've read, the M3 can only pull 11W from an AC charger -- even if it's rated as 22W -- so it'd be ~7hrs to charge it to full on that. Is that right?

Is using a DC charger considered more harmful to the battery vs. using an AC charger?

I'm going to be relying on public chargers for the foreseeable 😓

It can pull 11kw.

Your home charger will be 7.4kw.

Most new Evs can only charge at 11kW on AC.

No problem charging at much higher speeds on DC, but most manufacturers only recommend to 80 or 90% unless using more or less immediately. (AC or DC, unless the battery is LFP)

The Model 3 also comes with a granny charger, means you can charge anywhere with a standard 3 pin plug, but will be slow at about 2kW. Home charging at 7kW would be the norm for convenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 andy2023

I placed a M3 order in March. Does anyone know if the price automatically updates on orders already placed or do I need to cancel my existing order, lose the deposit and order again with the reduced price?

It will automatically update in the next couple of days. You will get an email about it. No need to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

A white M3 RWD for €40k (more or less) is a steal at that price for anyone thinking of an EV. I would even have considered it, and I don't like white cars 🙂

If only Tesla can guarantee delivery of them before the grant runs out (I think I read on RTÉ this morning that they technically have 4 months to deliver, once the order is booked before 30 June, to still avail of the €5k grant).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Can you post that info from RTE on the grant ? It might be useful to anyone getting an EV in the next few weeks that wants to stall for a “232” registration.

It’s standard practice. Once the grant application is made, you have 4 months to activate it.

The problem with Tesla is that they can’t apply until they have a VIN and sometimes a vin doesn’t come until the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭creedp

Tbh used prices hadn't reduced following the 1st price cut so not sure asking prices will reduce too quickly in response to latest reduction. Seems to me that asking prices are still linked to original pre-reduction price which is not sustainable, unless potential buyers haven't been reading the news!

I'm still hanging on hoping for a 2021 M3 Sr+ for approx €30k or preferably a LR for ballpark €33k. Of course I'd really prefer the M3P but used prices are currently mad, even though the gap between an LR and P is now only €4k. In fairness the P is now a complete bargain for what it is, if only I didn't have so many kids😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's in this article: https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0414/1376891-electric-car-data/ (emphasis added by me)

Electric cars are about to become a little bit more expensive after the Government decided that the €5,000 purchase grant on the cars would be reduced to €3,500 from 1 July this year.

This will add €1,500 to the cost of all new electric cars currently selling for less than €60,000.

Cars costing more than that amount are not affected as they were not eligible for the €5,000 grant in the first place.

This decision could trigger an increase in new car orders being placed before the end of June. Once an order for a new car is placed the garage will have to deliver the car to the purchaser within four months to qualify for the full €5,000 purchase grant to be paid.

I would imagine a 2022 LFP will soon be available at a realistic price, better equipped and more range than the SR+, unless you can pick up a late Unicorn 2021 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

You'll be waiting a year or two for those sorts of prices unless there is a freak 5 min and sold offer on DD. I would say 36k would be great value on a 2021 and 35k up for a 192 LR. I got a 2020 SR+ recently and value was around the 34-36 mark. With the new prices I would bring that down to 33-35k for a 2020 SR+, presuming about 40k km on odometer and no issues - private sale.

If starting again (and I am delighted with the SR+), I'd probably hold out for a LR with sport wheels from 38k. That'll be next on the list in a few years! The other option is to wait and see the 232/241 refresh model and evaluate the pros and cons of what they add and take away. The old SR+ is an oddity now having lumbar support for passenger, non-plastic soft touch trim on all doors (if a bit prone to tearing), and a fast motor with low overall weight compared to the LFP or LR models. Plus it has USS.... I would definitely have preferred a 2021 LFP though since the rear perf motor more or less retains the performance, build is better, motorised boot door, and it has a heat pump. Only very minor con is higher overall weight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This is Tesla, they are signalling they are going for volume over price, downward pricing will continue and they will take the EV market over between the 3 and Y, once the 2 gets released it's game over folks

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Tesla are still making money at these prices, the more volume the more they can soak capital costs, they can drop a couple of k more.

Competitors are screwed, they are likely break even at best with their current pricing, they simply can't compete

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Edgardo.

I hope not as then we will be at the whim of a Brilliant idiot.

The 62kWh Leaf (with comparable options) is now more expensive than a M3, LOL!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I can get one in lithuania for €36k…..

(I’m currently in Lithuania in our holiday house, and debating whether to buy a car over here to save having to rent a car every time we come!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

And a convertible at that...

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

A white M3P at €53k must be the best value car out there today. I don't know how i missed it was grant qualifying earlier, Red M3P order now being cancelled!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah, that’s cheaper than a White RWD was about 6 months ago!!!!

Mad Ted!!!

Advertisement