Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 g_or97

Results for batch 10 interview are out.. for people in previous batches - how long after is the PCT and how do they contact you?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

Around 2/3weeks. You have a week to send in form b and doctor clearance and then they give you a list of dates via email

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rowdyrauncher

Got my invite for May intake,

please dm if there’s any WhatsApp groups going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 starbht

Done medical Thursday 6th of April still no word on my meeting yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cameronp23

Got my May invite can someone add me to a WhatsApp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mc1932

Also got my invite would appreciate being added too please

• Registered Users Posts: 12 munster212

Have a group for May intake for those with offers - PM name & number to be added 👍🏻

Post edited by munster212 on

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Conor123456

Hi what batch are u in and when did u do the pct??

just so people know as I am waiting for my invite also done my pct in march

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

Dotn hold your breath😂 lots are waiting well over a year for this now with excuses that they can't process it as they too busy processing applicants. When this figure gets rolled over and backdated you'll be taxed to the hills😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Holden8993

Anyone get a call today for the next intake? Or anyone get word on the official date for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

A worthwhile listen for anyone seeking an internal perspective of the the job.

https://spotify.link/AA8rvwXZZyb

Would u agree with everything she says about the Garda ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lexieduke

hey, could someone please confirm what the training is now?

Is it 11weeks in the college, 8 weeks in a station and back down to the college for how long?

worried about childcare issues 🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Toyota1223

Hello, I’m in batch 8 and did my Fitness test on March 9th. I did the medical the week after and haven’t heard anything from the local Sergent yet. Is anyone else from batch 8 in the same boat?

Yes me I’m in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Hi yes your correct 11 weeks in templemore then 8 weeks at station then I think 2 weeks online learning and back down to templemore for 11 weeks 32 weeks in total then attestation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I'd say nearly all Gardai would agree with it but she didn't even touch the sides of the problems tbh. She had to be careful with what she said which means you aren't hearing all the issues that there are for Gardai plus factor in she was off the frontline for 4 years or so and isn't going to be up to date with all the issues affecting Gardai on the regular.

Do your research into the job folks, that's all I can say.

Are u in the Garda, is it worth going into the Garda? Will the roster stay 4 days on and 4 off or will it go back to old roster ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That is the million-dollar question.

Nobody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob89

Well folks hope yer all keeping well need help with form b and the Garda interaction part need to know what info about me is on pulse I am aware there’s nothing serious never been arrested or nothing of that extent or searched just silly stuff penalty point stuff and 2 RTA incidents both being the injured part but am afraid I’ll forget something or not be aware of something on it and had forgot it and my application will be with drawn and while I want to be honest and be accurate with my information I put down I need to be able to put the correct information in the correct places has anyone any advice on how I can obtain this or ways to ensure I’m not forgetting anything or do you just be overly honest and put down anytime you’d an interaction but can’t remember years or times please help very stressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

If you are overtaxed and Killarney don't correct it in the following weeks, you submit a balancing statement at the end of the year and get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Heya anyone have a meeting with their super yet ? Just wondering how long went it on? And what they asked ? Was it informal ? Just have mine this week cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keevs23

Is there any additional income you can receive more than €184 a week if you have kids or a mortgage does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 masterchief22

Just in case someone is looking to defer the medical and fitness due to an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MH10

as it stands I won’t get by the Medical due poor vision in my left eye (lazy eye). I never noticed it was bad until I took the eye test as my vision is very good with my two eyes open. However they won’t pass my medical on my left eye and I cannot get laser eye surgery on it as it’s a lazy eye. Surely there is some way around this as I don’t wear glasses on a daily basis or feel I need to despite I work in an office. Has anyone come across this situation I am in or any advice on what I could do next? I’ve a report from the optician stating I have good vision with both eyes open but that the left one is not strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭runjb

Anyone looking for preparation for the apptitude tests, my brother did this face to face course a few years back and he swore by it. It really helped for the maths in particular. I see they're running courses this Saturday and next.

<mod snip> No advertising. -Shield.

Post edited by Shield on

• Registered Users Posts: 15 toyforme

For those already with a solid level of fitness. How did you prepare for the fitness test?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

Download the app and practice, it's that simple

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Working family payment. Look into that. Many people qualified for it in my intake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 CONGUI

you can fill out a form (Subject Access Request (SAR) Form ») and send it to the data protection unit and they'll send you a form with any interaction related to you

Advertisement