Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Oh my god - politicians attacking other politicians!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

while walmarts and wholefoods are going out of business in their own cities

they must find that brilliant, hating both companies for being far too large and exploitative both. Both Walmart and Amazon keep their workforces on food stamps while their megastores shove all other competition out of the space. Heck Bernie still routinely rails against Bezos and the Waltons. Why would democrats be unhappy when they’re taken down a peg?

Sorry Donald no crying no I’m sorry’s but Trump did look downtrodden - and the DA’s office had to offer him some hand lotion for fingerprinting.

I can see the fundraising campaign now going off about how dry is hands were, only guilty peoples hands are sweaty, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

This is what awaited Trump on his return from his deposition yesterday.

Lots of tears in support of him I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

You're picking the weakest evidence that cities are having issues - the businesses made terrible decisions. Walmart's business model simply doesn't work in cities where they have to pay high rent for their large stores and similarly the single Wholefoods I presume you're talking about in SF just happens to have the exact same issue, it is enormous and they're paying a fortune for rent - Wholefoods are keeping their smaller stores open in the area. There are far more examples of Dem cities booming than there are ones that are GOP controlled.

I'm sorry to break it to you but Pudding Fingers Ron simply isn't ready for the big time and I don't think he'll ever be unless he completely revisits his approach of trying to be a value brand Trump. He can't handle the heat outside his safe space in Florida and Fox News, where the Dems are completely incompetent, and continuously shoots himself in both feet doubling down on culture wars topics that only a small fraction of the voters care about and an even smaller fraction agree with him. His latest signing off on 6 week abortion ban is just the latest in a long line

• Advertisement

That signing was in the middle of the night and in a closed session. Nail on the head, the governor of Florida is most afraid of sunshine ironically.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Anyone ‘member Parler?

the “Uncancellable free speech platform” going on indefinite hiatus after nobody used it. Bought up by a right wing media broker for cents on the dollar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

so you are taking issue with a group (likely a couple of hundred people, maybe more I can't tell) protesting outside trump tower peacefully (although they are chanting, seems to be no hint of aggravation etc never mind any sort of violence or attempt to push or barge)

Chanting the following

"New York Hates you"

"We're here, we're queer, We're Fabulous don't **** with us"

"Peaceful Protest"

But you seemed ok with what went on in the Capital on Jan 6th, where it is well documented that "protesters" built gallows and chanted "hang Mike Pence" along with ransacking representatives' offices along with the litany of other "stuff" that went on over those crazy crazy hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Aww remember how it was used to identify exactly who was part of the Jan 6th inssurection because all those dumb dumbs posted on it with their locations attached

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, apparently chanting is assault to GQP snowflakes

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Didn't they also leave the full user-list out in the open at one stage so people were able to download the full user list with all their details?

He spoke at Liberty University today and even there he didn't even talk about it being an achievement.

The GOP know how unpopular their policies are, they just cant help themselves

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Their problem is that the only people giving them big money these days are the fringe loons, so despite the fact that all this culture war crap is pretty universally unpopular , they want the money..

Auto manufacturers are phasing out AM radio because it is increasingly interfered with by onboard vehicle systems.

The MAGAverse is losing their heads about it, because so much of their propaganda is 'driven' by bored brainless chucklefucks scanning through the AM radiowaves to hear their pizzagate level nonsense (still remember having to sit on a roadtrip I was not in charge of, listening for hours as Hannity blasted the Koran by cherrypicking the hell out of it, I must have missed his accompanying Bible episode). To them, it's very much a conspiracy that all these global auto makers are chucking the AM radio - '*THEY* DONT WANT YOU TO HEAR US' etc.

I also assume that the bigger issue for them is that AM broadcasting is significantly cheaper than FM or Digital.

I'm pretty sure my current BMW (which is almost 4 years old) already doesn't have AM as an option.

I agree with you on culture stuff - it is obvious because it is all the talk about.

Abortion is different though, if they thought it was such a good earner from the right wing public for them they'd be out celebrating every 'success' like they do other topics. When it comes to abortion they mostly try to do it quite silently and even in the dead of night. It would make me suspect the money/pressure from that is coming from other sources.

Again though , restricting Abortion rights was never universally popular even among GOP voters - A majority of whom supported access to abortion in most cases.

That was driven by the Evangelicals and agreeing with them was seen as a table stakes requirement by the GOP for years. Most of them never thought in a million years that Roe vs. Wade would ever actually get overturned so they thought they could continue to "fight the good fight" and keep the evangelicals onside without ever actually having to deal with the fall-out.

Now though , it's their worst nightmare - All those nonsense state level laws that they passed in the belief that they'd never actually apply are now all active and they can't find a way to back themselves out of the blind alley they driven themselves down.

The reason for keeping it quiet is a vain attempt to change the subject in public while still having absolutely no pathway away from implementing the laws that the religious right bought and paid for decades ago.

The GOP know that any time Abortion is close to the front page they lose votes by the Truck load but despite their best efforts it will continue to be a headline issue in 2024.

• Advertisement

To show how law and order they are, Republicans are seriously considering pardoning a convicted murderer because the victims were people they very much dislike. The murderer hasn't even been handed down sentence yet, following the verdict.

Some boards users have expressed interest in learning more about spree killers and their posts and comments etc. - the court might oblige you a bit in this case, releasing as a matter of record many of the things written by the killer that made his premeditation for violence clear. Here's the full list of items (259 of them) each 1 describing something the defendant wrote to be introduced as evidence of extraneous conduct in sentencing:

MAGA really wants this guy pardoned for political reasons, they want another Kyle Rittenhouse. Tucker Carlson, Rittenhouse and others have lobbied Gov. Greg Abbott (TX) to do it, who affirmed he's directing the state parole board to give him the option (he legally cannot pardon unless the parole board brings it up).

Daniel Perry drove into a crowd, saw a BLM supporter carrying an AR-15 and opened fire on him without provocation. Most of the revealed posts show Perry was talking himself up over an extended period of time to carry out violent acts against BLM protestors in particular, whom he labeled racial epithets in his writing. Other scintillating details include breaking up with an apparent girlfriend because of racist comments, and complaining about getting banned from facebook for things he said about nancy pelosi, and transgenderism, etc.

“I might go to Dallas to shoot looters.”

and this gem

And loads of other extraneous stuff, parents posting concerned messages to him, him trying to flirt with 16 and 17 year olds knowingly over the internet, etc:

Which y'know, might explain why Republicans relate to him so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I honestly didn't realise people still used AM. I thought if you were on a budget it was the internet or nothing these days.

Radio is a huge thing in the US, particularly in rural areas, i.e. GOP heartland and AM is cheap and has huge range so they can cover a large area very cheaply.

Hannitys daily radio shows have many multiples of listeners compared to his Fox TV show for example.

The right wing talk radio reach is utterly massive compared to TV.

It's very pervasive. And they will still be on FM too it's not like Hannity is only ever on AM (far from it, he's on everything from FM to iHeart to SiriusXM) but it apparently amounts to a huge swath of the country tuning in if its on AM, it costs money to syndicate on FM etc. and their base don't subscribe to satellite radio much (too close to HAARP?).

This I've never heard of in the history of politics so I can see why C-SPAN decided it doesn't align with the broadcaster's mission of staying balanced

In an official statement, Chairman Jordan writes the committee will be flown to New York City (at the taxpayers expense) and they “will examine how Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s pro-crime, anti-victim policies have led to an increase in violent crime and a dangerous community for New York City residents.”

Republicans have used 'crime in Democrat cities' as a talking point for DECADES

They have NEVER done a field hearing in a city based on it's crime in relation to electoral politics. Even though New York has been part-governed by Democratic Party DA's since 1942, they never saw any compunction to do a field hearing about it.

Clearly to any layperson the Republican Party is simply hand-in-glove working as an arm for Donald Trump in providing political interference into a recent prosecution they are still wrapping their heads around. As a result I am neither shocked or reprehensive about C-SPAN not covering this upcoming dumbass-grade field hearing.

Trump Jr. woke up from a coke hangover and he even realized the whole Bud Light fallout was ridiculous.

...not for any principled, anti-hate or humble-pie reasons, mind you.

It's because the execs are actually Republicans and the company as a whole donates about 60/40 to Republicans.

Them dolla bills, baby. Junior isn't snorting a charity, here; after all ... that was already seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

It is impressive as I think it was around 2016 they complained it was the dems that only talked about culture war stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭BoxcarWilliam99

https://www.facebook.com/reel/595789522269316?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

During that campaign his answers were something never heard from a politician. Unstoppable then.

This is about the "future ... for Donald Trump"

To be fair though it was a great answer, unfortunately it was just him doubling down on how corrupt his presidency was going to be (most of his citizen cabinet came from Wall Street)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Because no politician had been as much as a gangster as him? Admitting you don't pay as much tax as you should, shouldn't be glorified or even considered behaviour to aspire to.

But seriously, you cannot compare Trump to a politician, he is so far away from being a politician.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement