Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I got a new lawnmower that required a little assembly.

There is a double beverage holder on it. Why TF do you need a beverage holder on a fipping lawnmower?? And what sequence of events could possibly require 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I haven’t discovered what it is but it’s coming from next door. I thought maybe a tens machine but they’re hand held and this was definitely not .

I meant to get a Turkish delight in the soup but forgot , and I’m absolutely craving one now .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Stop picking on me ! I have a funny accent 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I hear a low hum in my bedroom and couldn’t figure it out for months

Turns out its the extractor fan in the bathroom next door .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ppl who don't take the retainer ring off milk bottles, end up in my tea.

but only if were opening and closing the door every 5 seconds or so . It has stopped today though.

TA is I asked a customer in the shop what day it was and he said Friday. I only found out at the till it’s Saturday .

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

fooked if i know...the one that gets me is the beverage holder on shopping trolleys...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Just got asked if I was my da's brother, either I'm looking really old or my da's looking really youthful. I hope it's the latter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I could have really done with a relaxing weekend.... TV... PS5... a little exercise but mostly chilling... that was the plan but.. family home from the UK... I have to be the dutiful cousin / nephew and attend a family late lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

'Good Samaritan' drivers, whilst having the right of way, suddenly slow or stop to allow another vehicle to pull out in front of them or enter/exit a sideroad, no doubt warming the cockles of their heart at this truly magnanimous gesture, completely oblivious to the disruption they cause to the traffic behind them, unexpectedly having to brake to avoid slamming into the back of them.... I'm all for courteous driving, but there are times when it is appropriate and times when it is not...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Agree with you 100%. Also as a pedestrian signalling for you to cross the road. No!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

My local Mace. The girls who work behind the deli counter are tramps. The language and screaming out of them. I don't go in too often but if I want a chicken roll I have to put up with it. They talk among themselves and ignore the customer and are extremely loud. I put a complaint in about a year ago but it didn't do any good. They are weapons.

Yet another TA that I keep falling for , is now I'm a specks wearer . I keep opening the door on a hot oven and my eyesight instantly becomes completely fogged up . 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Too tired to make dinner… too hungry to order a delivery… wait 45 minutes 😒. but I really fancy a pizza… fûck it… hunger wins I’m cooking. 😤

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Toasted sandwich with tomato sauce, melted cheese and oregano?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The over the top tv coverage and fawning over Biden. It's cringe worthy to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People are a giant bag of dicks these days and I swear to god, when I stage my coup the gulag will basically be the whole world and I'll just move to an island somewhere with a coterie of rescue dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ThePentagon

When you're travelling on a road, for example as a passenger in a car or on a bus, and you see a pedestrian walking along the path in the opposite direction who, from a distance, is someone you think you recognise.

You want to get a look at their face as you get closer but there's a tree/light pole between you and them and, because of the pace they happen to be walking and the speed you're moving in your vehicle, your view of their face is obstructed precisely the entire time it takes for you to pass, no matter how much you crane your neck.

It's "trivyul" but still annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭outside the rain

Finally moving out of my apartment tomorrow..never really felt it is was my home, all packed...I've too much stuff to move...too much baggage...stuff I don't need. I'm not a horder, stuff just seems to find me. I might just leave half of it here and leggit and never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There must have been Sahara dust in the rain, got the car washed yesterday and this morning it looks like I did 10 Km behind a lorry in the rain gggrrrrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aaah in fairness I enjoyed the Chieftains bit apart from the clobberly dancers, Matt Molloy has still got it and he played that beautiful slow air from his Stony Steps (1987) album A Parting of Friends.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

All the whingers on social media over the weekend over the Sam Smith gig.

Attendance wasn’t mandatory, dont go if it’s not your thing. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Those animal rights protesters who disrupted the National yesterday. From experience a lot of them can be quite nasty as human beings, and can't seem to realise that their actions led to one of the horses getting injured (by a ladder left behind by one of them).

Literally on their high horse pontificating to everyone else, ironically enough.

I can’t find the feedback thread , and when I did i was told not to post there again . Does anyone have a link / advice how to contact the admin team ?

pm me as this post will be deleted

And to fellow TA’s I fully expect a do not post in this thread again . Now 100% this will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah and I went there and when i expressed my concern I got a warning . Its a joke that you get a warning if you mention bad moderation on a thread and to take it to feedback you still get warned . Sooo whats the point of feedback ?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Somewhat chaotic Sunday lunch with the folks today. My mother rushing as usual and not taking time to take precautions dropped a hot bowl on the table right beside me, creating a horrible clatter which made me jump and roar "j*esus f*cking chr*ist" at the top of my voice. And my face went purple apparently,and I couldn't breathe properly for a minute or so. Now everyone wants me to get checked for a heart condition.

Just f*ck off the lot of ye, noisy b*stards. Including myself in that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement