Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone done Dublin to Las Vegas on United recently?

Options
  • 07-03-2023 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Booked to travel to Vegas via Chicago later this month but I have been rerouted via Dulles...Anyone travelled this way recently.. any feedback will be welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

I flew Dublin - Vegas with United last year but it was via Philadelphia. Long journey but it was comfortable enough. Vegas is some experience as long as you don't get sucked into the gambling rabbit hole.. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

No interest in gambling, don't think any of the group do buy it should be interesting no less :)

Are you sure it was United and not American? United don't fly to PHL from Ireland

I've flown United through IAD plenty of times, never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Hope your trip goes smoothly! I fly there a few times a year up until recently. Id awful problem with AA on one trip out and back. One tip is, make sure you have a small emergency bag of clothes etc on the flight with you, in case your bags go missing...

You have to fly backwards and overshoot on way back, via UK. Or you fly to the states and usually get a miserable narrow body with no entertainment or anything on their cramped regional jets or could be a320 737 etc. Depends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

DUB-IAD-LAS

The IAD route is on the 757. Single aisle 3-3. I think there is a United app where you can stream movies on your device, download it before you go. Todays flight is operated by a 23 year old bird.

The IAD-LAS leg is on a 737-9 Max and takes 4.5-5 hours. Dont know anything about IFE or food etc. The United website is fairly decent for seat maps etc. You might have the option to upgrade depending on loads etc.

• Advertisement

Dublin to Dulles is a 757-200, Dulles to Vegas is a 737 Max 8, Vegas to Dulles is a 737 800 and Dulles to Dublin is a 757 200..

I had assumed there would be entertainment available on board.. Will I need to use an app? That could be a nightmare with Bluetooth headphones 🤯

The 75's will have IFE but I do not know about the 73's

Have a look at the United website, they are usually quite good for information about things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Unlucky for the OP on timing, UA tend to run 767s and 777s on DUB-IAD during peak season.

73Xs do not have IFE.

I couldn't see why the 73 Max would not have at least the ability to use your own tablet with united private screening.

No IFE in the form of seatback PTVs is what I'm getting at, and what most people assume when IFE is mentioned I imagine.

• Advertisement

All done and dusted, couldn't fault united at all. Straightforward on the outbound, just over 2 hours in Washington, time for lunch and a pint. Dulles to Vegas we were in the 2 rearmost rows so it was a little cramped.

The return journey was a little different, the inbound flight from SFO was delayed by about 45 minutes (we had an hour connection time in Dulles) they made up some time in the air but it was still a dash from one gate to the next, made it with 5 minutes to spare. There were 18 of us making the same connection so we were allowed disembark first in Dulles (a few others decided to join the 18 to get off first 🤬) but we made it. I think 6 missed it. Going by the crew, Return journey was fine food was terrible but other than that.

Screens on all flights with a comprehensive package of entertainment, definitely couldn't fault it.

Yeah Dulles is a great airport for a connection, all in the one concourse.

I've had some nightmare dashes over here, usually in ORD or CLT where I land at a gate the total opposite end of where my connection has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

I've had so many close calls and incidents. I love the place so go once a year. But would go more often if direct. There's no comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

I'm looking at booking United to Newark in May, how do they compare to Aer Lingus for service? Looking at their 9am departure so hoping there'll be more than just breakfast included!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It'll be a hot breakfast, then a wrap before landing. United are fine, Better than aer lingus IMO, Plus free beer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Booking United has the benefit of connecting in "their own" airport.

Which provides peace of mind In case of any delay or disruption.

Aer Lingus via JFK/ORD/LAX would involve a change of terminal. With the 2nd leg on a different airline (either Jetblue, United or American)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

It is much hassle changing terminal in LAX ? I'm AA from LAX to LAS.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I'm not that sure. Of both legs are with AA then you might be in the same terminal.

But any booking with EI into LAX will require a change of terminal

Advertisement