Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No Roman tonight. But Jey and Heyman will have interaction to continue to build the bloodline tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

will keep fingers crossed that something happens then, don't hold out much hope though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have no faith at all these things work. Vince didn’t stop sexual assault claims from stopping him running WWE a hashtag won’t do anything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meltzer said it a few days back, but the reality is WWE, and Vince in particular, abides by the “ no publicity is bad publicity” mantra. They don’t care if you love the show or hate the show, all the care about is if you engage with the show. As Loughc says, Vince survived a whole lot worse than some dodgy booking.

unless the ratings absolutely tank, nothing will ever change, and even that might not be enough. If Vince has emerged from this unscathed. , you’re pretty much waiting for him to die before there’s any real, long term changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Draft happening in a few weeks

• Advertisement

Dom's heat levels are off the chart O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Eddie 2.0...id love to see a backstage segment with him and Vickie at some point during a reunion show

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Prior to this week so would I but not after what her daughter alleged and Vickie lost the plot and her other daughter confirmed her sisters story.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Her social media accounts have been deactivated too, we ain't seeing Vicky again for quite a long time if ever I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't get the point of the draft anymore considering one part time world champion and everyone appears on both shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

It was a Smackdown with some promise but also was nothing special.

Positives: Women's tag titles getting some exposure, genuinely think too that Chelsea Green is one of the better people they've brought back, her character really clicks. Nakamura's back and had a banger of an entrance, looks like they're giving him Karrion Kross, which I don't hate but hopefully they give him a substantial feud. LA Knight is so damn over, give him some wins and then give him the MITB, the crowd love him. Think Legado Del Fantasma have really been saved with the LWO rebrand and Santos is getting good reactions too. Solo speaking was a cool moment.

Negatives: Emma on the other hand has to be one of the worst people they've brought back, done nothing. I don't care at all for Matt Riddle and I don't think I'm the only one. The Bloodline stuff has absolutely jumped the shark and is on rinse repeat, something needs to happen cause at this stage nobody will care when Roman gets defeated, they'll only feel relief. The draft starts in two weeks and still seems pointless, having the Go Home show for Backlash after the draft seems dumb too but guessing they will say that it won't change until after the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For Emma, I had to look it up, but she's only had 3 matches this year, including the Rumble and 2 tag matches. Though that's 3 matches more than Sarah Logan has had since returning.

Seems they're setting up a title match for Zelina.

Didn't seem like the fans were too excited about the new Women's tag champs. Think there were even some boos. Can't really blame them since the team consists of Liv Morgan who is basically a new Alexa Bliss and Raquel, who has zero character, that we've seen. Sonya and Chelsea seem like a much more enjoyable team.

Zelina will be a fine first opponent for Rhea. Crowd in Puerto Rico will eat it up and Rhea can toss her about like a little child while taking a bit of damage before looking strong.

I agree on most of your thoughts on the returns ThePott. Chelsea Green has come back in with a solid character and has been instantly more relevant than Kross, Hit Row, Emma etc. I'd argue she fits in even better than Wyatt too but that's personal taste. Legado Del Fantasma getting a huge boost from the Rey/LWO stuff. I think Judgement Day need a new member though, they're outnumbered at the moment! I was thinking Dexter Lumis might be a perfect fit for them. Break him away from Gargano and he can still do the stalker stuff albeit as a heel.

I'm with you on Riddle. I was never his biggest fan anyways his character is just a modern day RVD with less athleticism. Sooner we move on from KO/Sami and the Usos the better.

Sad to see KO/Zayn are going to lose the tag belts all because they’re refusing to defend them in Saudi.

Saudi isn't till the end of May though? Backlash is in Puerto Rico first so I'm not sure I believe the stuff online about it.

Losing the titles straight back the Usos would be typical.

Nakamura's entrance was great, love his theme, he could be Roman's next opponent while he awaits Cody at SS if he will be defending before then

Rhea vs. Zelina will be good, I think Zelina is underrated in ring, LWO is more interesting now than The Bloodline no matter how much Paulie tries to sell it without Roman, his big promo pushes mentions etc.,

I still think Ronda and Shayna should hold the tag titles

Solo vs. Riddle no DQ match tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No DQ so safe to say it won't be a clean finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

-----

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The LWO are the 2023 version of the Mexicools

spot on. Essentially Latino job squad. Have they even won a match since becoming LWO.

Where was KO and Sami? I was thinking Orton was going come help Riddle

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The original LWO weren't up to much either in fairness

It was a vehicle to give Eddie something to do and it worked. This LWO is too focused on Rey who is retiring so it’s fairly fruitless in purpose.

It's purely set up for the Puerto Rico PLE imo. They'll get a monster pop from the home crowd and sell a metric fucktonne of merchandise. Job done.

Yeah fair point. Can’t argue the business mind behind it.

Teddy Long is back tomorrow

So what are we thinking for the draft folks? Hard to believe it's tomorrow night.

I'd imagine Roman and the Bloodline will remain on Smackdown. I'd like to see Rhea and Bianca switch brands so Judgement Day all stay on Raw. For the love of God though move Edge to the other brand from Judgement Day that feud is done!

I reckon Street Profits might be split based on the hints being dropped the past little while with Montez on the same brand as Bianca and Dawkins to the other one.

Rollins and Becks likely stay on Raw as Seth is going after the new world title I presume and Becks is smack bang in the middle of a Trish feud.

LA Knight, Braun, Ricochet, Sheamo and the lads to Raw with Lashley, Omos, Gargano and Candice to Smackdown. Hoping Damage Ctrl get split too as they've more than run their course. Bayley split away from the other two girls would be my preference.

For the women then bring Liz and Raquel over to Raw permanently, both are good opponents for Rhea (assuming she ends up alongside Judgement Day)

If there's call ups we'll see Grayson Waller to Raw and Pretty Deadly to Smackdown.

Also hoping probably against hope for a Big E surprise return. Orton showing up would be nice too.

US Title and IC Title will probably stay where they are.

• Advertisement

I'd be up for a Waller Edge feud on either Raw or Smackdown

Advertisement