Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

Do you care to comment on Russia / Ukraine? Your amateur psychology has no benefit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

or just putinbots that moderate their pro putin propaganda to be a less laugh out loud funny as some of the complete loonbags who come on this thread claiming russia is winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Israeli government issued a statement on Sunday firmly rejecting assertions contained in the leaked Pentagon documents that the leadership of the Mossad, Israel’s foreign intelligence service, had encouraged the agency’s staff and Israeli citizens to participate in the anti-government protests that roiled the country in March.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/08/world/middleeast/israel-mossad-leaked-documents-pentagon.html

“The aim of secret data ‘leaks’ is obvious: divert attention, cast doubts & mutual suspicions, sow discord,” said Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak on Twitter.

“It’s an ordinary game of ru-secret services. To take open briefings, add fake info or certain parts of interceptions & publish them on social networks legalizing the ‘leak,’” Podolyak said.

The Facebook post claims that Ukraine has suffered 71,000 deaths to Russia’s 17,000 deaths. The claim was widely shared on social media, including Twitter, with one tweet receiving over 900,000 views.

The claim, however, is based on an altered document. Check Your Fact obtained an image of the original document that circulated showing Russian and Ukrainian losses. (While several screenshots of the images remain online, many of the documents have disappeared from social media platforms such as Twitter and Discord, according to BBC.) The original document shows between 35,500 and 43,000 Russian troops have been killed, while Ukraine has suffered between 16,000 and 17,500 dead.

A different document, also obtained by Check Your Fact, is titled “Russia/Ukraine: Assessed Combat Sustainability And Attrition.” This document shows that the Defense Intelligence Agency estimated that Ukraine has suffered between 15,500 and 17,500 deaths, while Russia has suffered between 35,000 and 43,000 deaths. Ukraine has suffered between 109,000 and 113,000 wounded, while Russia has suffered between 154,000 and 180,000 wounded.

https://checkyourfact.com/2023/04/12/fact-check-leaked-pentagon-documents-ukraine-71000-dead/

And so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭jmreire

May be a small problem statistically numbers -wise, but nothing small about its effects. Just imagine what the sentence in Russsia / China would be on conviction of such an offence. Death sentence more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,431 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Russia is not the bear and force that it claims to be.

It's smoke and mirrors.

There's more people living in France and Germany than Russia. Russian propaganda has ex pats believing some day they'll be at the gates of Berlin again. It's their own deluded ideology that started this war. It's the allowance of Europe and the US to follow Russian rules for the conflict that means it's not over yet. Ukraine showed what Russia was. They knew what they were from the get go. Time for the forces to be beaten out of Ukraine now and the government actually wondering how a landmass the size of Russia can be defended with just the population the size of two European countries.

• Advertisement

Where did you get that nonsense figure from?

Reznikov: ‘We have approximately 700,000 in the armed forces,’ Reznikov said – but he means that is the amount mobilised to the military. Then come 60,000 border guards, 90,000 national guards and up to 100,000 police: so almost one million in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I think the head of Wagner will be the next person to die mysteriously. No way will the defense ministry and Putin tolerate such public criticism. I can only assume he is well guarded, as he must know his life is at risk seeing as what has happened to others who criticised the inner circle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭rogber

You were one of the main people claiming Russian losses were 7-10:1 compared to Ukrainian losses for months and attacked anyone who disagreed as pro Kremlin.

Am rather amazed at the change in tone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,431 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Many of us predicted this bloody stalemate as far back as last summer. I remember hearing a military guy on the Economist saying "neither side has the ability to win the war outright, but neither side can afford to lose, so it'll just drag on" and so far, notwithstanding temporary swings of fortune, I see little to suggest the prediction isn't right.

Though only a few weeks ago here there were posters confidently predicting Crimea will be back in Ukrainian hands by July.

I think your own proposal is not a bad solution: if necessary, give up a few areas in the east that are tragically not much more than rubble already but on the condition of fast track NATO membership to ensure this never happens again. Would still be a bitter pill to swallow and I understand Ukrainians who reject it, but is it worth sacrificing another 40-50k soldiers and civilians to keep going indefinitely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Tens of thousands of armed and military trained loyal soldiers help , putin might not move against him knowing it could well start a wider internal conflict that could have a domino effect elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 35 truthseekerxz

Not mentioned on here yet , Poland and Hungary have both blocked imports of Ukrainan grain ,milk, and other agricultural and foods products to protect their own local agricultural sectors,

Yes, that's true. There was an article that featured an interview with some of his men, they seemed fiercely loyal to him . It went against the narrative that they were all mercenaries without any real loyalty to Wagner. Some of the convicts that had done their six months said he turned their lives around and that they were willing to go back fighting for Wagner. It would not surprise me if he has ambitions to lead Russia one day. This essay might be him trying to position himself as the guy who did his best to save Russia despite the incompetence of the Ministry of Defense and the Kremlin.

I think Putin would settle for capturing all of the Donbas region and call it a victory(Although I doubt even this will be achieved)

Everyone else will see such a claim for what it is, nonsense. I don't think he is that out of touch that he believes he can still take all of Ukraine. The Russian military have been humiliated in Ukraine. As a US General put it: "we had shock and awe"

The Russians are just shocking awful.

He's already publicly embarrassed putin and the Russian military after they withheld ammunition and supplies for his forces in and around bakhmut, weeks ago and yet at the same time they have captured and are holding more ground in bakhmut than previous efforts by the Russians alone ,

It's pretty much obvious that Wagner forces have become the Russian Vanguard inside Ukraine, as it stands they could well push further afield then bakhmut, which could throw a spanner in the works for the big counter offensive especially if they can hold up the Ukrainans,

I still hope melitopol will be the primary target of the coming offensive take there and they control all the way to from Kherson, Zaporizhzhia Crimea and vice versa they can cut off Russian forces from all supply routes and reenforcements,they have been targeting both Melitopol and Mariupol with percision strikes since late January,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭zv2

Ukraine started with 700,000 + 1,000,000 reserves.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Article on RTE website about it.

Unilateral action on trade by European Union member states is unacceptable, a European Commission spokesperson has said, after Poland and Hungary announced bans on grain and other food imports from Ukraine to protect the local agricultural sector....

Poland's Agriculture Minister Robert Telus was quoted as saying that the ban was necessary to "open the eyes of the EU to the fact that further decisions are needed that will allow products from Ukraine to go deep into Europe, and not stay in Poland".

It is funny (in a sad way), they [Poland] are flagrantly breaking EU laws by doing this I think and also in same breath blaming the EU for their own corruption (as regards the Ukrainian products being "diverted" into local markets - how is that happening I wonder...magic?).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

If Ukraine have a million man army - where the hell are they?

Apparently theyve only lost 17k, so with wounded on top of that they should have at least 900,000+ soldiers yet to be used.

Such numerical superiority should see them win the war easily, and yet western forecasts are pessimistic, and even Ukrainethemselves recognise that they have but one chance at a good counter offensive. Something doesnt add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

"even Ukrainethemselves recognise that they have but one chance at a good counter offensive"

Do you have the source for this claim?

Sounds rediculous to me that Ukraine would come out and say they will just give up on liberating their country from the moskovyte invaders if they don't retake all their territory in one go.

• Advertisement

Who thinks Ukraine have only lost 17k men? Last I heard US estimates were around 100,000 killed or injured, roughly half of what the Russians have lost, which sounds plausible

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Wars are won with equipment rather than pure numbers, Ukraine are pretty much limited by the amount of equipment they have (as they don't follow outdated russian meat grinder tactics that haven't worked in any way at all), but yes, you have pointed out correctly that they can keep on going as long as needed.

Glad you asked and got an answer for your question, I expect you'll take it into account in future posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭briany

@rogber

Though only a few weeks ago here there were posters confidently predicting Crimea will be back in Ukrainian hands by July.

You'll always get those fringes of opinion and the idea that the UAF could overrun Crimea anytime soon has always been a decidedly minority one. It would be proper order if it did happen, but obviously unlikely.

More bs nobody predicted July,

Some pot stirring by someone nothing new ,

Crimea '23 is still happening

Unfortunately there's not an infinite supply of vehicles, armor, artillery and ammunition to keep up an endless counter offensive, while Nato countries are making contributions they are also playing games with the likes of France demanding any production of various munitions must be kept in the eu and for given orders to companies outside the eu ,some countries are already being stretched keeping their own defense capabilities will come into play at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Crimea by christmas

>> (You are here) Crimea 23

Crimea 24

Crimea by end of the decade

Crimea by 2050

We didnt want it anyways

We're only in two weeks into March,

I'm still saying Crimea '23 as I said sometime 10/12 months ago ,

Nobody predicted July and nobody predicted putin was previously going to die in 14 days ,

The same two accounts make the same claims and then run away for a few weeks, only to return to the same thing over and over

No, war criminal Igor Girkin is next on the list. He says things... he might have the largest pair of tungsten reinforced cojones in all of Mordor.

Terrorist Khyrkin complained that there is no one to replace Putin and called Matvienko a "crazy old woman"

According to the war criminal, Russia currently has a so-called leader, but something may happen to him soon. Girkin suggested the death of Putin in the near future or his overthrow from the chair of the president of the Russian Federation. Read more

"Just shut up": Ghirkin harshly attacked Putin and advised him to "shut up"🐵

the terrorist noted that Putin in Europe is now viewed "about the same as Muammar Gaddafi" and "trying to arrange the same fate for him"

According to him, the Russian dictator behaves "like a rag", "telling everyone once again how he was led by the nose"

Khyrkin called on Putin to pull himself together and understand that he "still has a chance to lead a country at war"

Another pearl from "Strelkov" bittern. This time, he gives evaluations to the potential successors of the president, Zlovanu and Matviyenko: "The head of the State Duma is a pederast, the head of the senate is a crazy babushka"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭zv2

Troop numbers are not enough. They need ammunition in great quantities. The lack of artillery is holding them back.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement

The rumour that civilians have received evacuation instructions in Armyansk seem to have been confirmed :-)

Armyansk is roughly first in line as you invade the peninsula from Ukraine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement