Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭redn90

To be fair, what do expect him to do with a character as bland as Frank? What passion is he going to bring to a character that only mopes around and stands there most of the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,051 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm only watching it for Bren at this stage, he's a horrible individual and what the show needed. Has the physical presence and demeanour of a gangland thug.

And you just know he'll be offed or end up back in prison.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

True, but the only actual sparks of emotion he's shown was in S1 when the attempt was made on his life and after his visit to Bren where he battered some rando in the prison carpark! In S2 it was when he had a go at Amanda for trying to push him aside, that's pretty much it so far

Narratively, Frank doesn't make much sense in this world. And I've never understood what purpose he serves in the story. If they end up killing him off this season, I'll be questioning why they even brought him back in the first place. They have to be setting him up to kill Bren or something because otherwise, what else is he going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think it would be funny if Bren wore a ballerina dress.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

He's already told the priest he's not sorry for anything he's done. So I can see him completely putting his church going aside, and come down against Bren while siding with Amanda. He's smart enough to know she's doing things the right way, and he's been pushed down by his brother for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,100 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I think he is so depressed.. not Gillen, Frank!

He is struggling with that part I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Frank has survivors guilt and PTSD with the hallucinations, he's somewhat shellshocked Bren got out, when they went to visit him last season to asked Bren to protect Viking Bren said no as it could hurt his parole he obviously did help Viking as they're now very close. Frank has lost his place in the family hierarchy but given the family are about to split and take sides he could end up picking up the pieces by the end of season 2 and be in charge or he could end up being a casualty due to distractions he is dealing with.

Maybe that's his storyline then, he ends up being sorry for what he's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I never watched emmerdale, but in the RTÉ ad about drama, peaky blinders, the deceived and this EJS is pretty much looks the same and acts the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭threetrees

Something big needs to happen with Frank, why else was he not killed off after the S1 finale? I thought he was dead, he hasn't made any impact on the story line so far in S2, so I'm guessing something must be brewing with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think he will kill Bren in the last episode. Bren is a 1 season hurricane, he is too volatile to stay alive with so many enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Kem is listed as being in it up to S02E04 and Bren S02E08

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,606 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

that is a real spoiler! before it's even aired!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭dam099

I think the Turks will kill Bren. Amanda will offer him up to the Turkish daughter as a patsy for ordering the hit on her brother so they both consolidate their positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Something along those lines I think also. With perhaps Birdie helping too - it's gonna be girl power bringing him down.

I don't know why people are giving out about the cast I think they're all doing fine jobs. I do kinda wish they hadn't put Gillen in though because he was just in Love/Hate and Peaky Blinders as well. 3 gang shows on the trot. Give someone else a chance.

Charlie Cox has also played a gangster before in Boardwalk Empire but he's impressed me in everything I've seen him in, I'm glad he's in the cast for this, the other lads are very 'one note'.

They haven't killed anyone in a while other than the Delaney guys and one of them did it to himself so I'm pretty sure Kem is not going home to his baby. In fact once they showed her it was a 'dead cert'. Have to hammer home the impact of getting mixed up in the street life and all that. There's no when else to whack as the other ones are core players and then this setups them going after Bren who is going to definitely go the way of every Sopranos character who got out of prison and stepped on everyone's toes - the 3 times it happened they were all gone off the show by season's end.

iirc Gillen initially rejected the role, they apparently really wanted him for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I want to see a full on crazy Micky that we've seen glimpses of this season against Bren and to an extent Anna at the party (thought the fella who was chatting her up would come out been all cheeky only for Micky to go mental on him)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.4: So, Michaels gonna be getting with yer wan in the pharmacy and Bren is gonna be killed.. just by who. I wouldn't take the kid who was doing all the murdering in season 1 off the table for that part.

Something like, spending too much time killing Kem and losing the vital info that Kem would've brought to take out this Wright kid.

Can't believe Bren beat up Amandas driver like that. Amanda is gonna have to do something back I'm guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Damn

Poor Kem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Strong scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Well they didn't kop out on that

brilliant scene 👏

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am finding it hard to watch with Bren in it . I actually enjoyed seeing a human side to them until he arrived like a rabid rottweiler

these molly and mikey scenes are so boring.

Viking to be the one that clips Bren perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

God damn, Nikita is hot stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Women do love a little danger ( will the pharmacist hang around though? )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Mikey worst character in it and that's saying something

Actually no it's Molly wow woeful

Advertisement