Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Both teams building a wall in Cleveland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Had a big party at my place for the game and people were shocked we lost…lol . I thought we were going to win but Iam not under any illusions that sac are not legit, Fox is the real deal, he has the X factor, wasn’t afraid of the moment, loved it. I still think we can win but Sac are seriously good, no way around that

The Kings were really resilient in the 3rd quarter. Lessor teams have folded to the Warriors in those spots. It’s a series, but Sacramento will have to win three more just like that. It’s a huge ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Looked like an incredible atmosphere in the Kings Warriors game. Only watched the extended highlights but some serious ball movement by GS in particular, and some great individual shot making on both sides.

to be fair to Sac, they rode the emotion very well and performed under intense pressure and a crazy atmosphere. I’m inclined to think there may be a bit of a drop after this high in G2.

GS look far better than the regular season version of themselves. Even though they lost it was probably their best road performance of the year. I have a suspicion GS will make enough adjustments for G2 (coupled with the above mentioned drop) to sneak a win and go back to SF tied 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd be thinking the exact opposite. I think the confidence and realisation the Kings will take from that game will inspire them. I think it'll 2-0.

• Advertisement

Wiggins missed a decent look from 3 123 - 124 down and then Curry had a clean shot with the last touch and missed it.

Not to mention the Warriors having opportunities to stretch beyond a 10 point lead a couple of times during the 3rd.

The line for Tuesday’s game is even, which I think reflects where things are (Kings were -1 for last night’s game).

It could of course, i’m merely giving my opinion based on what I saw. I think GS let that one get away tbh, and I think equally they’ll be inspired after arguably playing their best road game of the year.

Barring injury, this series is looking like it will go 6 or 7.

Memphis looking very nervous at the moment, and being beaten up and down the court. Memphis should be running the Lakers off the court, but aren’t. Still 1st quarter, but not a great showing so far.

And worst of all, Mark Jackson is commentating.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Lakers looking strong and more playoff experience counting alot with AD and LeBron... Memphis really missing Adams and Clarke

The Lakers went up 30 - 20 and then immediately gave up a 7 - 0 run with some really aimless offensive possessions in a row. That’s their big question mark imo, can they smooth out games at this level and bring intensity through the full 48. They also continue to shoot poorly as a team.

Memphis will have a run here at some point, no doubt about that.

Edit: And there it is, another 7 - 0 run after I post this off more aimless offense from the Lakers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Adams is a huge loss, in every sense !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

If Davis is injured the lakers are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Thankfully as a neutral Davis is back. The refs are making some absolute nonsense calls though.

refs doing their best to help the Lakers. LeBron not playing well but the biggest threat to Memphis winning this game is Dillon Brooks and his brick 3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There have been a few calls where I've just been puzzled and wondering wtf was just called??

Ja going off there doesn’t look good. Hopefully it’s just a very minor sprain and he won’t miss much time.

The Lakers just have these aimless sequences of offensive sets with low energy when they establish a lead. Numerous runs where Memphis score three or four times unanswered.

If the Lakers lose this, that’s the reason.

Well lads, we debated this a couple of weeks ago: this Lakers team is not the Lakers team of much of the season. Getting great minutes from Reeves and Hachimura here. Lineup looks deep all of a sudden.

Lakers should close this out with 1:30 left. Bad game play from Memphis. Really got the tactics all wrong in this game. Don’t know whether it was the coach’s fault or the players didn’t execute.

• Advertisement

Dominant finish. That’s the best Lakers performance since the bubble. Look so much better balanced.

Hopefully Ja can get back for game 2.

Wouldn’t be afraid of LA at all tbh, even though they won this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If I was a Lakers fan, I'd be all over an AR15 Jersey. It's mad, start of the season, didn't think Lakers would even make the playoffs and look at em now.

That behind the back pass from Austin Reaves to Rui. Wowee

Memphis fairly shat the bed there big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

All going to come down to how long Morant is out, his X rays are negative but his hand is obviously going affect him...Lakers definitely had better performances from the role players.

If Memphis lose game 2 they are in big trouble

Well Giannis landing on his back like that and immediately leaving the game ain’t great.

EDIT: Miami up 14 with 7:21 left in the third. Funereal atmosphere in Milwaukee with Giannis injured and out. This is wild.

Bucks have nothing without Giannis.

Nuggets looking to become the only higher seed/ home team to win today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Memphis could be in real trouble, it was funny when Morant went out, LeBron started to puff his chest out and start talking a bit of smack, he always does that when he knows the the tide has turned in his favor, wasn’t saying much before that…lol but Morants injury looked bad, even if he is cleared to play, he will obviously be compromised and also where the hell did Austin Reeves come from, Lakers always find that one white guy that proves to be a big difference maker.

Miami winning is a shock but not when Giannis is out, Butler will smell blood now.

Looks like Denver will win but don’t look like an exceptional team, they might need more the the joker to win it all

Advertisement