Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

Joe Biden adoring Mildred was on Virgin Media News at 5.30 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

I love Joe Biden Mildred from Liveline this afternoon 🤣🤣🤣 She looks a lot like my best friends mum and she's from Mayo and yes she's as mad as a box of frogs LOl

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I assume the shoytefest continued and I needn't bother listening back?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was perhaps one of the worst episodes ever from a guest presenter, best avoided.

At a guess Monday's show will be devoted to the Hutch verdict to be released circa 11am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's funny how the media always find the crazies - or maybe it's the other way around

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So we've found Mildred, what's George up to these days?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I liked her tbh. She was to the point and know what she wanted to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Next week.........I expect, and demand, a critical eye Monday to Friday on the embarrassing paddywhackery on display in dis country over the last few days.

De absolute fcuking state of us !

Every fcuking time I switched to RTE its Biden bleedin dis, Biden bleedin dat with wall to wall coverage of muppets falling over demselves. Should probably have switched over to de Brit channels a few times if dey were having meltdowns, but I suspect its little more dan exaggerated shite from de 'No Surrender' crowd and de GB News actors roping in de Brexit morons.

Of course, it's just as likely to be a week of Biden's bleedin 6th cousin removed's neighbour screaming with glee about Biden saying "us" and "we" twelve hundred times.

Cop yerselves on ! D'ja hear me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I'm now officially homeless 👜🎒🎒😭

Has anybody got Joe's mobile number?

• Advertisement

TYFYS.

Gerry from De Harmless Hutch’s verdict on Monday, eh? No doubt legal eagle Joe will offer his thought alright. Maybe celebrity solicitor Gerald Keane will make an appearance too? Could be gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,123 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NiallCork1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

If only dat were possible.

He's been off for de last couple of weeks buying ill-fitting off de rack suits. Probably needs a few more days hat-shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,123 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Don't we always follow Britain's lead? Dee, Dee?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,573 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I believe people have said it's not the top earners that has RTE in trouble, but the many many earning around the 100K mark that we have no idea about.

It would be very interesting to get those figures.

I’ve always said that. The problem isn’t just earners 1-10, earners 11-200 will likely give us heart attacks so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

Yes, I bet there's some cheerfully useless fackers on huge money from 11 onwards.

I'd say there wouldn't be much of a 'market' argument for most of them either.

If only the Sunday Business Post could get their 'deep throat' to give us an idea!

Not to mention the fellas who retire (like Fungus) only to return a few days/weeks later to do the same job again but this time as contractors, likely costing a multiple of what they did when they were employees.

Da "Save 252" campaign have alleged on social media that liveline researchers hang up on them when they ring up wanting to discuss the closure of longwave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe back - and he doesn't sound well

Very breathless.

"How's the lung, Joe?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today Josephine is back after his well earned breakeen:

Joe's neighbour Gerry Hutch is awaiting the verdict in his trial. Something about someone being waterboarded. Joe will be playing a long tape in full about it. Easing himself back in to work.

M

To day, Joe back...

• Gangland trial of the century, Gerry Hutch. Full replay of Dowdall's previous interactions with Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Tow

Live Line Today:

Joe is back from his holls in de Southside of Dublin.

De hutches, de water boarding and life begins at 60.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

The court is still sitting (well gone to lunch) so Joe [may have] made a premature proclamation of what will on today's show.

Nothing new, our host is the master of making up a show on the fly.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

That definitely sounds reasonable. Just listening to the news now, they had a reporter sat in court all this morning so he could give a 2 minute update on the 1pm news. You would wonder what his retainer is. Theresa Mannion is brought on the news whenever there is news on the west coast. Is she a stringer, on a small nominal retainer, or is she on a fulltime salary incase it gets windy in Galway?

Getting rid of Joe and Tubs might save 1 million, but think of all the researchers, producers, sound engineers (although Ray saves money by not using a sound engineer),

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe all over the newsroom having a jig on the news that Stardust inquest jury will be empanellled.

Just wait, he'll be non-stop wall-to-wall coverage over the inquest and we'll have to suffer it.

It's like having a weird fungal disease on your forearm.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

M

He might cut over at 2.20pm for the SpaceX space sheuttle launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Artists to the Moon - Go!

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Aliens and Space Ships is Ray's area of expertise.

Advertisement