Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Probably because VRT and rebate on VRT is on a sliding scale. So VRT is on total value of car and extras. The base RWD is on reduced VRT but with the wheels it goes into next bracket. The LR is already on full VRT, so only extra VRT on wheels.

Don't ask me at what value the reduced VRT kicks in..

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Just ordered the aero centre cap set for my 3. Not a big fan of the badge and individual wheel nut caps. I think this looks cleaner.

I quite like the full aero covers but nice to have an option if I feel like a change. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So apparently the RWD-LR is making a return, and will be in RHD configuration;

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What will it be here about 53k? That's with no grant for business.

What's the difference between the long range rwd and dual motor awd, besides the lack of an extra motor in the rwd.

• Advertisement

I wonder if LFP battery. The new Tesla master plan has Model 3 with LFP only.

My bet is once the smaller Tesla comes along the RWD (aka SR) will go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

Those of you with children, how do you find the M3 in terms of practicality for buggies and rotating child seats? I don't have kids yet but am planning in the next couple years. I imagine it's harder to deal with kids in a M3 performance due to it being lower and less boot space than a MY. 

I have sat in both MY and M3 - I wouldn't want to sit in the rear of the M3 for 2-3hrs as a passenger but then again it's not often that I carry rear passengers so I think I'm being overly considerate for the few times I would take my parents to visit family, which would be at most 30 minute drive.

There may be occasions where I want to do a 500km day round trip without charging. Is this possible for a M3P taking it easy? I'd be driving 120kph until Kinnegad then national roads the remainder at 80-100kph depending on traffic with occasional overtaking (500km round trip w/o charging is not a deal breaker though).

I seen on reddit that people are able to fit some 18 inch rims to their M3Ps, which I would prefer for comfort and those dreaded potholes. Bjorn tested a MYP with 18inch rims so it must be possible?

The M3P would be my first and probably last car that has supercar acceleration under 120kph, I'd probably go for a MYLR/RWD after 5 or 6 years.

Do Tesla normally have a M3P to test drive?

No kids, but I'd suggest to go for a long range and you can spec the aero 18"s. Then after you get the car you can buy the acceleration boost in app if you want to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So had a long run yesterday on a 221 M3 RWD, 365kms driven, half motorway (at 110 on the car) and half cross country on mixed 80/100/120. Cool enough on the first leg and wet roads for half the return leg. Consumed 50kWh with overall average of 138Wh/km, AC on the whole time, two passengers and some extra weight on board both legs. 8% left when I got home so gives ~397kms range (ignoring the ~30km buffer range)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I've a 21 M3p and you can get 400km all day long but if taking it easy maybe 440-450kms on a long drive you can put 18' TSportline wheels on which would extend range I think with the reduced prices a base model white M3P is fantastic value at 53k, considering lads were paying that for a Rwd Model 3 last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

How do you find the 20" uberturbines with potholes and bumps in general? Are you happy enough with the ride quality?

I think I'd swap the 20" for the 19" sports wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You definitely won't get 500kms from it. I had a drive up from Kerry to Dublin last week and I left on 91% battery. The journey is 318kms. I stuck it in the navigation system and it told me I could do it if I stayed under 105km/h.

First 120 Kms is normal roads and the last 200 is mostly motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

They improved the comfort and softened off the suspension in 2022 with the M3P.

Check the video I linked yesterday with Bjorn where he discusses the comfort on 20" wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,925 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've two little nippers 3 & 1. Buggy fits in the boot but it's tight enough.

If it's going to be the main car driving them around I'd recommend an SUV or Model Y instead as it's much easier. I generally only have them in the car once a week and that's fine but also have SUV which makes it much easier.

Post edited by Mantis Toboggan on

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I have one, she is 11. Still using her car seat but won't be for long.

Rear space is tight behind my driver's seat (am 6.1) so the seat is back and down, if you want more space go for a Y, if you want a better drive (in my view anyways) go with a 3.

Either way, you will enjoy the car.

Went up to the Tesla meet up today in Powerscourt, very enjoyable. Many Model 3 and Model Y, got a chance to look at all colours (Except Y in Red). Great to meet some of the FB lads and lasses.

Left home this morning with 100%, drove 294km. Did a good bit of slower driving up there visiting friends (Came from west Co Wexford). Perfect temps, dry roads, light winds and no aircon or heating needed. Still arrived back home with 30% after a mix of roads and speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

@TitianGerm I wouldn't be one bit surprised if you are correct. I believe the base Y will be sub 40k in the same period as I have said on here a few times (before the most recent price cut).

Pictures looked good. I was tempted to go but had stuff to do and Mrs went off in the car 😅

I'm heading down to the IEVOA AGM next weekend anyways.

Yea, great setting. But pics must have been taken early, there looked to be a lot more cars there later. (Couldn't see my car in any..)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Good value 221 Model 3 RWD here with under 9k km. 37k in blue with black seats. Wish I was still in the running now (presuming all legitimate with sale)! Usual caveats apply.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-model-3-2022/33859331

• Advertisement

Tempting value, as it's blue that's €1.4k over base €40.3k price so €4k off for a car with little mileage, USS in place and (pedantic) lifetime basic connectivity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

€17k depreciation in a year.

€2 per km & probably more than €1500 per month of a loss (loan interest, opportunity loss on cash etc.).

At least they had USS parking sensors (& front facing radar, until it was disabled!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭creedp

It's only €17k if he's not flipping for another Tesla. Again its the cost of change that is key. IMO he would be mad to be flipping for any other car brand at that level of depn

It's a great price compared to most other asking used M3 prices, most 2020s are asking more than that. IMO the current asking prices for many used M3s are unrealistic. The way things are going a lot of dealers in particular will be asking more for a 2020 than a brand new car. Something has to give, hopefully soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

It's only €17k if he's not flipping for another Tesla

Of course it is. It's €17k lost, regardless of what he buys, or doesn't buy now.

Just because he could swap into a newer model doesn't change the fact he paid €54k for the car he is selling for €37k now.

Say he gets €37k & pays €3k extra now for a white Model 3, this new 231 car will have cost him €54k (- €37k sale) +€3k, so €57k. The new car is €40k so the €17k delta is his loss for owning the 221 Model 3 for 1 year & 8k kms odd.

He'll be driving a 231 Model 3 (€40k) at a net cost of €57k.

Dress it up however you want - these massive price cuts are great for new buyers but have hit earlier buyers severely.

It's not €17k in any case, that car was €51.x as he got it before the price rises last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭creedp

True they have severely hit Tesla owners who want to try a different brand. In your example the guy is driving a brand new car for a €3k cost of change, the rest is history unfortunately. Now for his sake I hope Tesla doest reverse the price cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Hi. Can you upload a photo of Tesla 3 with a hitch? is it hidden/detachable etc? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

For anyone looking for a M3 in the next few weeks, I've just cancelled a M3 LR with alloys in red (grant qualifying) and M3P in Red - both were inventory cars & due for delivery in next few weeks.

Switched to a grant qualifying M3P in white

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Any sign of a 2 week edd on the white M3 P?

Or possibly a VIN or is that wishful thinking at this stage!? 🙂

I guess patience will save you with the switch 💲💲

I'm still trying to decide whether to take a white M3 LR for €49746 or a black M3 P for €60263.

When you look at the cost of a white M3 P now @€53940, it's quite difficult to justify more than 6k to get into a black one in inventory (as you lose the grant).

Only thing is the black one will be available imminently (apparently!) Whereas you'd have to wait a while for a white one.

Flip side is that a M3 LR plus accel boost is 95% of a performance capability.

Main thing you miss out on is;

- 20" Wheels (positive or negative depending on viewpoint)

- Bigger brakes

- Track mode

- Spoiler & pedals

- Faster up to a point (vs 3 LR with Acc boost) and higher top speed.

Post edited by Foreign Sports on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Getting white (and having the car wrapped) makes the most sense now!!

Advertisement