Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tiny_tot

The monk will go back to living his life with not much worry. Kinahan’s won’t touch him, I’m sure the monk has some regrets but so does the kinahans they’re now stuck and limited to where they can go. Can’t come back here, and have to avoid the Americans like the plague. The Byrnes have hardly any1 left at this stage and even Sadie wasn’t mouthing yesterday. It’s over the monk has being tried and walked free. The man’s not flashy and has lived a very private life. He’ll have no complaints going back to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Pure amateur hour when you look at it. Gas stuff. Personal credit cards used. Mobile phones were tracked. Personal cars used.

The more you look at it the more you think that Gerard may have ordered it but didn't take part. You can't see him making those sort of mistakes.

Sounds like a bit of a fairy tale to me. Can't see it being that straight forward. AGS may well go after him again. They are that thick.

And he still got away with it 😂 whatever you think about Gerry, it was the right verdict yesterday can’t go locking people up with zero evidence. Nobody ever believed Gerry was inside the regency. As others have said Daniel kinahan will regret killing Gary more than anyone else regrets the regency. You can’t buy loyalty and the Byrnes and kinahans can’t trust a soul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Not so sure about the "highly educated people " bit. Was it not "highly educated people " who decided to bring this charge in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

They couldn’t even prove if he was in Ireland on the day of the shooting

Hardly a fairytale he’s going to go home and live his life as was before this. They’ve nothing on him😂 they threw everything they had at him. Which was zero and a witness no one believed😂 if that kangaroo court couldn’t convict him nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Thorsbeard1982

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens from here.

I'd say he's more safe in Ireland than anywhere else.

Any gangster with a brain will stay a million miles away from this feud now.

If it was my family member tho.......

In the end tho ......the Hutch's have been decimated.

Does anyone know why Gary was in Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

Who was the homeless looking lad in the black jacket walking alongside Hutch outside the courts yesterday?

I am guessing he was just some randomer and so out of it he hadn't a clue where he was

• Advertisement

I like many others assumed it was a family member. But yeh a randomer.

If the monk was hit it cause an all out feud but this time the hutch side would go after all the Byrne & kinahan easy targets like they did to the hutch side. Christys two younger kids live here and lee Byrne and the likes would be got. Can’t see the kinahans trying anything and Liam Byrnes so far up Stevie’s g ass to worry about the monk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

He’s always been marked, always had to look over his shoulder. Only regret from the regency they didn’t get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

Any truth in the Sinaloa cartel n Colombians after him as well?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Did you hear the retired Garda assist commissioner this morning on radio? Lot of deflecting of blame going on and defending the Gardai patch etc.

What was also striking is that this man is now retired on presumably a good pension but said he'd first met Hutch as a new recruit on the beat. Which kinda says something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Another one,Pat Marry, on with Claire Byrne doing the same thing. There's around half a dozen of these retired guys doing the circuit for the past few years and if only one of them had the balls to do a bit of straight talking one might have some bit of respect for them. They were the same after those tv programmes showed their behaviour during the kerry babies case and other cases, not one of them condemned the carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I don't see any reason why they can't charge him with organization of a criminal game and possession of arms. Whats with the kangaroo court reference btw?, jury intimidation in previous criminal and IRA trials meant it was necessary to form the SCC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They have to have sufficient evidence to prove he is or has been in control. Without it being concrete the DPP won't go for it. That's why they went full tilt with the Regency charges. Unless they have something up there sleeve, he is into the wind and a free man till he croaks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Guildenstern

I have some comfort that more of the media, RTE/IT particularly are only now referring to him via his name, unlike lowest common denominator tabloid type media outlets such as the Indo and Virgin Media using his nickname, which gives him some level of mystique and glamour.

Regardless of one's views, it also highlights an important consideration, that the judiciary is not only seen to be independent but also is, in the operation of its duties.

He seems to have been around a long time. I always thought he was well passed 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they seemed to have him pretty nailed on for a weapons possession charge going by the judges decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah but they obviously wanted him to get with the bigger charge and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

I think the Judge nailed it when she said Patsy planned it and Gerry got involved afterwards trying to clean up the mess. A big question that has to be asked is why is Patsy such a protected species? The only halfway decent evidence they had against a Hutch during that trial was against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

by passing a driver theory test , you don't just walk in and buy one 🙄

Patsy is an informant. Known in the area for years mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭Xander10

If he goes back to Spain, I don't see the Spanish Police having the appetite to extradite him a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭kerrysoul

Can Gerry Hutch be charged for possession of assault rifles despite yesterday's verdict

If it's an EAW they will have no choice in the matter.

If the DPP can prove beyond reasonable doubt that Gerard is the leader of the OCG and ordered the hit on the Regency they will go after him. If they prove beyond reasonable doubt that he had possession of the shooters then they will go after him. However I think it's doubtful that they will meet the threshold. Amazing that they presented this case that he was one of the shooters and wanted him done for murder. The more you think about the scrote Johnny Dowadall and how the state placed faith in him the more it astounds you. it really is keystone cop kind of thing.

Hutch wouldn't have put Dowdall up to going States. It just wouldn't have made sense. To what end? They had little or nothing without Dowdall. What benefit would it have given Hutch to have someone testify against him. None. Hutch didn't and doesn't give to hoots about Dowdall. No way was he going to help him try and get out of a serious prison term.

I think Gerard will live out the rest of his days a free man but the cost to him and his family has been immense. They have been decimated because of his actions. As one gets older and wiser that kind of thing starts to hit you harder. He seems like the kind of guy from a distance who would carry that kind of thing with him. The man could write a book from this Christmas and it would be a bestseller.

I have zero sympathy for anyone involved in the administration of organised crime. The Hutch OCG has left plenty of bodies and families in tatters. You reap what you sow as they say. The Kinahans and certainly the hutches will cease to exist soon but there will be a group just a ruthless who will take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

RTE should give the new late late gig to the monk that would send ratings through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

He could be, but there's no guarantee that the charge would stick.

It would have to go through the whole process again of deciding if what was said in the car 'up north' was allowable evidence or not. Just because it was ruled admissible in a murder case does not auto mean it would be ruled admissible on a less serious charge.

Also what was said by the judges yesterday could be a problem, opening up an issue as to whether he could get a fair trial when some judges have already stated that (paraphrasing) they are satisfied that he did handle the weapons.

I don't think the DPP will want to put JD on the stand again, and that may well be needed.

Finally Gerry Hutch obviously wasn't defending a charge of weapons possession or leader of a crime gang etc in this case so his side never attempted to rebut any of it. They ignored it. But if that was the charge, then they may have a rebuttal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Keyser Soze, under the Guards noses the whole time

Advertisement