Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Forbidden West (Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel) PS5

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Just platinumed this while working from home, I am a disgrace 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

NEW FEATURES

• Introduced new accessibility features, including:
      • Enlarging Subtitles
      • Auto-Pickup
      • Color Blindness settings
      • Auto camera
      • Navigation assist in Focus Mode
      • Thalassophobia mode
      • Additional accessibility features
    • Support for Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores expansion has been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Thalassophobia (from Greek thalassa θάλασσα, "sea", and phobos φόβος, "fear") is the persistent and intense fear of deep bodies of water such as the sea, oceans, or lakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does that include how many hours are sunk into playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The skill trees are intimidating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sounds like company time well spent!

Auto-loot update just dropped, as I'm at end game. Of course. I'll probably go for the Plat, only the challenges/trials to complete once I finish the game. Not really interested in the DLC. It's a great game that really starts to show its cracks the longer you play. Still an amazing technical achievement and probably one of the better examples of this type of game, even with its issues. I still prefer AC Odyssey though for this type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Auto loot! Music to my ears. About 30% in, enjoying it but not living up to the original for me, same as GOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Its a pretty easy platinum. The worst parts I found were Machine Strike and the fighting pits. The rest pretty much comes on its own from completing the game. I had just a few loose ends to tie up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well the update did something incredibly strange for my game. It kept all my equipped weapons in the same place, but flipped the ammo types for them (eg. If one bow went Fire, Acid, Shock clockwise, after the update they went Shock, Acid, Fire clockwise).

Really weird....

I've won 1 strike game, think you only need to win 2 for the trophy. So I'll google the easiest one and do that. Just The Enduring may hamper me, but I haven't tried it since I got the Ledge armor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The enduring boss is a joke, its those poxy trials that may give you issues.

Yeah, I got her after 4 more attempts. Still by luck, I had like 4 health and some random button mashing somehow interrupted one of her attacks and left her stunned, and I got an R1 attack to end her. The Tremortusk trial is annoying me, first time using purgewater!

Early warning if you are about to get stuck into the Burning Shores. It's in a part completely cut off from the Forbidden West and there's no travelling back at the fires initially. Make sure you're happy with your stock levels before you head out.

Annoying bug in only the second part of the main mission. You're supposed to be following the NPC Seyka but she just looks at you and doesn't go anywhere.

I'm seeing some tweaking with your auto save helps reset but hopefully there will be a patch soon.

I'd a different bug in another mission to do with trying to get someone to tell you a certain password. I picked a few wrong dialogue options because I guessed rather than re-listen to hologram dialogue things that contained the answer. Ended up locking myself out of being able to get the password even though the game didn't acknowledge that I was stuck, just kept saying I should look around for more clues (I found, scanned and read everything, even to the point where I found the dialogue answers I was meant to have, there was nothing left for me to do).

Had to reload last autosave and got straight through it.

Hunting grounds: complete.

Arena: complete.

Melee pits and Enduring: complete.

2 main missions to go.

All side quests/errands/rebel camps: complete.

3 trophies left, 2 for the main missions, and the one which will annoy me most: win a second strike game. Screw that craic. Forcing me to play something I can't remember how to play and is far more complicated than I remember!!!

I'd say being so late into the game, you'd probably just be able to buy some of the best machine pieces from the later areas, and go back to the earlier areas for an easy win even just through trial and error.

I really wanted to enjoy that minigame, but it suuuuucked. It should have been like chess but with machine pieces. Instead they ended up with something far too overly complex from the start, too many different pieces which all look too similar but have very different moves, different terrain giving different values.... They really over-thought it to the point where it wasn't worth trying to get into it.

That's exactly how I feel. Found a guide saying a storm bird and 2-3 glinthawks will do the trick. Will find out later. I'm hoping to get the plat to pop at end game scene so doing everything before that.

Actually only just copped I need the dye trophy too, even though I've already used a dyer...

Finished the DLC. Really enjoyed it. Some decent missions in it, great locations, good story and characters. New enemies were decent though they may have hit a bit of a ceiling in terms of design. Final boss fight was fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is Machine Strike any good? i'm guessing they were hoping it would hit like Gwent did. I remember thinking Gwent was a load of balls initially before getting addicted like everyone else (still play it on my phone almost daily).

• Advertisement

I didn't enjoy it anyway. Gave it a chance in the first few settlements but after that just gave up. It had promise, but is overly complicated and badly designed (machine pieces that look far too similar because they're supposed to look like wood carvings, but even the machines they're based on can look quite similar).

Gwent did a much better job of easing the player into it. It threw some tricky strats and cards at you as time went on, but it didn't take long to know what you were doing even if you were no good at doing it. Machine Strike was awful trying to keep track of what you could do, what the other player could do, what each piece could do, how far they could move, what symbols/icons meant, trying to plan something. As time went on I started getting a bit of a handle on it, but it still wasn't enjoyable.

Got the plat last night. Had everything done up to that point, so a double pop of trophies. There's more to do, but I've done basically anything I wanted to. Finished with it for now. I did fast travel back over by the Zenith base to see if I could access end-game. Nope. Uninstalled then. A technical achievement, and I got genuine excitement watching that scene near the end:

where Aloy & Co. attack the base. The world of opportunities I could see when the sentinels and machines were fighting, it reminded me of the first Bumblebee movie with the bit on Cybertron at the start, I was like a giddy child watching them fight. Awesome stuff. Final boss was cool looking, but was far from the hardest enemy!

As said, there's a great world there, and I don't know how they can step it up from here, but I'll keep an eye. Hoping the open world stuff gets smaller but more condensed. Story focussed games are getting a bit too big these days imo!

Finished the DLC (well the main quest anyway.

For the Seyka €20 it was alright, felt a bit unfinished if I'm honest. Could have used a tall neck and/or a rumour monger to help guide you to the side quests such as the vantage points and the relic ruins.

Advertisement