Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Jeeze!!!! That 6kW Solis inverter must have been red hot and whirring all day...I know when I put my 6.1 kWp panels though my 6kW solis inverter you can hear it in the house when at max load 😁

can you send on you load profile would love to see that....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why is there no benefit to exporting with CEG?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

29kWh yesterday from 6.7kWp S/E facing here in North West, Already over 31 kWh today with a full battery and tank of hot water , fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

It's not so much there's no benefit to exporting with "CEG" as opposed to no benefit in exporting if you are on "Deemed export".

CEG is the "Clean export guarantee" where suppliers will pay you for exporting to the grid. All good - but in order to get those payments, you need a "Smart meter" installed which can measure what you are exporting out as a number. Not everyone has those installed yet, so to be fair to people who haven't gotten one, the powers that be came up with a formula (and I can't remember it) which takes the size of your inverter as a parameter and gives you an "estimate" based on that size.

So if you export nothing, or export everything, while you are on deemed export you will get paid regardless. Eventually everyone will move to smart meters and they'll do away with that deemed export, but for now you will get paid regardless of what you export (or not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Best day of the year for me in Cork today. 19.5kwh from 3.2kwp SE, 0.8 NE, 0.8 W. Used all but 1.5kwh, with 8kwh going to the car.

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Never thought to post here before I’ve been up and running since Feb. My best day so far was the 7th April. 38kwh generated with 21kwh fed to grid.

7.5 kWp (18 x 415w jinko n type) with a 6kw huawei inverter and 10kWh huawei battery. Ground mount panels pointing SE.

Normally the weather craps on me with the proximity to the Dublin hills to the south, but today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Production matched forecasting exactly :)

Tomorrow looking good though lads. Could be the first 30+kwhr day for me this year. (45KwH if I include the shed)

My forecast is showing 27.5kWh. I'd expect about 30% self consumption as the car is near full so that leaves Eddi and the battery.

• Advertisement

Unless something changes, it's looking like I'll struggle to break 9kWh today. :(

Ireland Visible - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service

Most of the country in blue skies - your unlucky wherever you are if that's the case :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Blue sky here but that poster probably has silver sky (overcast)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

26kwh thus far today at 15mins to 4pm.

Graph is very interesting, it's been constant sunshine today with very few dips. Hardly any cloud cover.

This is from a 6kw array South Facing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

22kwh today - Thats a first for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

here's hoping to see a graph like that in mid-Galway on Thursday but I've learnt to temper my meteo expectations!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Murt2

41.5kWh Today, best of the year to date.

PS: Anybody know why Solis did this to their app? They used to have grid side and backup supplies combined and displayed at the bottom right, which made sense considering it's all just consumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Belter of a day from about 10.30 onwards. Delighted to say PV generated 21.3 KWh today. Lets hope tomorrow will match.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Today was a good day,

Happy to be back moving on the barley seeding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

45kwh today, new record of the year, would have been easily 50 if the clouds didn't roll in.

Best part, 0 kwh exported 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭rameire

20.5 today. Highest since install.

I am 12 away from the 1000kwh mark.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Overcast in the morning but did improve a bit later in the day. Finished on 16.9kWh, a good 10kWh short of forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

37.8 kw generated. 1.2kw consumed today 🤯

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

A meager 26.1Kwhr for me where I'd forecasted 30.4Khr. Some clouds would just not bugger off in the morning, but battery full, washing done, immersion tank hot, what's not to like?

Tomorrow (Weds) not as good as today forecasted, but Thursday looks even better than today at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

A cracking 53.4 kWh today, Kildare area south facing 22x400w, happy days 🙂🙂⚡💡⚡!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

20.5 kwh today from 3kw sw, 1kw ne in north kildare. Highest since the sw was installed. There was some cloud mid morning and after 3pm. 25kwh looks possible this time of year which is a bit of an eye opener.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 36 D.flynn

18th April, Newcastle Galway

31kWh generated

6.23kWp on a roof SW-facing roof (azimuth 239°) 30° pitch.

Alpha smiles 5 inverter with 10.1 kWh battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Graph now makes more sense to me. Grid loads dont go through inverter at all.

Advertisement