Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2022

• 01-06-2022 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of insight into the EO job role. I would really love this job but I couldn't find any info about average work hours. Would anyone happen to know? Is it 9-5 mon-fri, or the likes shift work 12hrs etc?

Thanks 😊

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Guffy

What time is the closing tomorrow? I'm flying back from hols this eve and haven't been able to get the correct page open on publicjobs too verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

3pm but the site has crashed this eve, I can't log on.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Anybody know how to get into this site or is it just crashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LauraLyn

It's closing at 3pm tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Am a CO less than a year....previously a tco over ten years ago. Made oom 70 in a regional city in EO open comp previously but never got an interview. AON tests last few years knocked my confidence and my oom dropped to the mid hundreds. Chanced applying internally for EO and got oom top 3 after interview...so there is hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Just wondering how you managed to apply internally? I thought you needed to wait 2 years before applying for internal / interdepartmental competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

Like Jaffa20, I too am interested in how you managed to apply and be called for interview in a competition where they specifically state you must be a minimum of two years working in the CS and where you need to have an AP evaluate you before you submit your application. If you are a CO less than a year then you must have applied when you were at a maximum four months into the job, because the last EO competition opened in October 2021. And if you did that well, then you must be well settled in your new EO position as they started calling people from the panel in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

As I stated I was a tco previously, so aggregate over two years. And I never mentioned the 2021 EO comp, I said 'previously', which could be any former EO comp. And as I again stated, AON tests never suited me. The test ranking I referred to was 2019, pre AON test era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

Thanks for the clarification. Your original post states "Am a CO less than a year....previously a tco over ten years ago. Made oom 70 in a regional city in EO open comp previously but never got an interview. " implying that you are still a CO. Then you state "Chanced applying internally for EO and got oom top 3 after interview...so there is hope" If you are still a CO and have got a very high OOM, then it is logical to deduce that this is a recent EO competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Carmol123

Anyone know when results are out for online test

• Advertisement

Carmol123 I think they're out next week (maybe the friday), but I'm not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Frostie24

Anyone know when results out.

And what room they have reached on the 2020 Westmeath panel

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

Early August apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CreativeCrafter3

How is everyone feeling about the results?

Feeling great about mine. This is a totally new career path for me and I've been out of work for while. I thought I wouldn't even pass this stage tbh. I'm 201 for Dublin and 22 for my 1st choice.

Looking forward to next stage now. Hopefully everything goes well for everyone here.

CreativeCrafter3 how are you feeling about yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

I’m in the upper 20s for Donegal. I’m in the job already as a CO and just chancing my arm really to see what happens… a slightly better wage might be nice haha

Honestly I doubt there’ll be many EOs taken on in Donegal so no idea if I’ll even get called for interview. Took about a year before I heard anything back on the CO panel (I was in the mid 30s).

But sure look I’m happy enough either way, just see now see how it all plays out. Best of luck to everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CreativeCrafter3

Both super results for you both!

I got in the 80s for my first choice and in 40s for my second choice. Absolutely thrilled! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JessG98

I got 97 for Dublin, didn’t realise that was an ok score until I logged in here

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Swanladyy

Does anyone know how many were in a batch in Offaly in 2020 comp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭jussayeh

Hi All - I haven't used Boards since the new look but there used to be fantastic threads here with hundreds of posts each for the Executive Officer competitions but I can't find anything when I search the site ?? This thread has only 20 comments, it can't be the only thread for Executive Officer 2022 can it?? So sad Boards is like a ghost town now .. even the threads I used to follow have all disappeared from my profile :( Terribly sad .. what a pity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Haven't heard a word since last Autumn on this, what's the email address to contact ?

Advertisement