Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

No. He was never caught in possession

• Registered Users Posts: 44 StopTheBS

What's the story with this pal? Can't find anything online about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭d51984

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Ffs its a kin reference is it ha. Havnt watched any of the 2nd season yet😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Housefree

Your missing out, hopefully Bren kills all the dry yokes

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭notsocutehoor

There is something very disturbing about this trial/farce.

The 3 lady justices understandably came up with the only verdict possible after having to listen for 52 days or 13 weeks, they gave an excellent and detailed explanation of the decision reached, so fair play to them. If this trial had been held before a jury of his peers, it would have taken the jury 30 head scratching seconds (like wtf was all that about) to reach a not guilty verdict. It was a 13 week party for Mr Grehan for which he will receive a not insignificant wedge, a wedge that will be paid by you and me.

On what basis was a European Arrest Warrant issued for Hutch’s arrest back in 2021, the Gardai said they had enough evidence to charge him with murder, clearly they hadn’t, they had zero evidence, the only ‘evidence’ they subsequently managed to find was when self confessed serial liar Dowdall turned songbird, and even then the only evidence that emerged was Dowdall claiming that Hutch told him he was one of the gang in some field in Whitehall on some day that he couldn’t remember. The same question marks hang over his extradition from Spain.

How did the Gardai think that there was sufficient ‘evidence’ to bring the case to the DPP for consideration, and probably most importantly how did the DPP determine that the case should go ahead to trial for murder when there was obviously no evidence to support the charge and obviously no hope of it succeeding. The DPP normally sets a pretty high bar in relation to the chances of getting a conviction before the case is put forward to the courts.

I know they won’t, and they are probably excluded by law from doing so, but Mr Harris and Ms Pierce really should be providing justification for going ahead with this, maybe there was something there that I missed.

This case has cost us tens of millions (if it stops at that) and will continue to cost us millions for as long as Dowdall lives. I don’t know what Hutch will do now, but it appears to me that he has a cast iron case for suing the state (us) for unlawful arrest and detention, you simply cannot arrest somebody for murder (without reasonable evidence) and hold them in jail for 18 months, that’s tinpot dictatorship stuff. The case mightn’t succeed here but would surely succeed in the ECJ.

On the conspiracy theory, I think it’s a step too far to believe that this was a Hutch/Dowdall plot, it’s a fascinating thought but I’d have my doubts they’d be capable of pulling it off (certainly not Dowdall), that will be for the film version of this debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭delboythedub

would be great to see him on the late late show>>>>>>> As the Host😄

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

we'll probably never know but id love to know which gobdaw in the dpps office thought this was a good idea?after reading what the judge had to say there wasnt a hope of convicting on that...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Advertisement

I think you can take it for certain that it wasn't a junior clerk in the DPP's office that made this decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hutch should sue the state for compensation. He probably won't and keep a low profile but I would.

How can dowdall be accepted into witness protection after bare face lying to save his own skin. He should be facing a murder charge still if there is any justice.

I'd still love to know would this farce have gotten to court if dowdall hadn't turned? I mean he was extradited and charged with murder before Dowdall turned, Dowdall was trumpeted as a key witness, nothing else pointed at Gerry been a shooter. Judges asked the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Eurox6

Without question there is some dirt somewhere,

As you rightly point out the whole think stinks, seems like he was brought before the courts as a smoke screen to hide something else going on as there is no way he was getting convicted ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Why will "you and me " be paying Mr Grehans wedge? Hutch was not on free legal aid, he is entitled to his costs as you would be in a similar situation.

Yea he is entitled to his costs, and who will pay

It was all show imo and happy to take a gamble they might get a conviction.

Gardai lost control of Dublin after the regency, kinahans did what they wanted and killed who they wanted. Extraditing Hutch and all the exposure that went with showed the Gardai and political forces are in charge and can bring major players before the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

?? There have been 60 + criminals locked up for crimes related to the feud!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

Stephen Silver got the 40 years anyways

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

A significant number of whom were foiled pre-attempts.

• Advertisement

True but cutting the head off the snake brings the headlines. They could arrest 50 kinahan gang members it would still pale in comparison to arresting Daniel or Christy Kinahan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Gusser09

As farcical a case as it was at least Hutch was off the streets for two years. It's a small win but a win all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Does anyone think todays Indo's pic of Gerard, isn't actually him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Someone losing their liberty for two years is a small win? There's not one thing positive to be taken from all of this.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Pretty sure he was involved in the Regency shooting even though they couldn't prove it. Lucky he didn't do time for those cash robberies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

"Pretty sure" thankfully doesn't meet the legal bar for prosecution, and considering the charges they went for, it was an injustice that he lost his freedom for said period. If they went for other charges, it would likely be just.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Yeah heard its fairly good, my rte player won't work so will have to watch it in a mates house. No spoilers please, thanks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

What are rte doing? Publishing a picture of hutch entering a house today, cleaned up, is he not innocent? Leave him alone, can they do this? Six news now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

I'm no fan of Hutch, but rte should back off now that he is proving innocent.

Advertisement