Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell of burning in the air, Dublin 8

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

They can roast hops next door to me, wonderful smell. In the UK used to live near the Farleys Rusk factory and the smell of the factory was wonderful. Also lived for a few years within half a kilometer of a tannery now there's a smell you don't want anywhere near.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Guinness is made with roasted barley not roasted hops.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭questioner22

I was force fed those as a baby, don't like the smell of them! Agree with you though, a tannery or something like that would be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭questioner22

I was walking around there this evening and got the smell again. Fairly sure now it's from the factory as people said. Smell is like a sponge cake cooking, slightly burnt.

It's a mile away from James St, but seems to be another entrance up near Heuston which would make it closer.

During the day it doesn't bother as much or it's not as strong. It's at night when I like to leave the window open a bit to let air in. At least now I know what it is 😐️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,448 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's not a factory, it's a brewery.

I wasn't mad about the smell when I first moved to the area (even though I love Guinness), but I really miss it now that they seem to have much reduced spread of the smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Have you showered recently OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

Here in limerick a certain community burn electric cable to get the metal out of it if it was you or i we would be thrown in jail not them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,097 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you really think someone would actually be thrown in jail for burning some cables?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

You & me are paying for the fire brigade to call to put it out not them so they keep doing it. Things need to change as they are born with so many rights like a pension when the majority of them never worked a day in there life you dont have enough stamps you aint getting a pension.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

50% of travelers die before they reach 39 and and 70% don't live passed 59 - so don't worry, most of them will have died before your tax money has to support them with a pension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Well if they've stolen said cable and are retrieving copper from it by burning the plastic off it.. then frankly yes - jail and hard labour.

Master of the Universe

Big difference between should and would.

I seriously doubt anyone would go to prison for that. Let alone hard labour. Be they traveler or not.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Closing this as the question's been answered and we're getting wildy off topic

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement