Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

3k drop on all model Y in the US

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

They have lowered prices on Model 3 as well due to very strong earnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

It's possible that they are making up the difference since the US tax rebate was reduced by around 3k.

Nope that's not the reason, they want to unlock more demand and lower their margins. Remember their mission is to supply EV across in every house in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Will be interesting to see what cheapest anyone picks up a Model YLR this quarter. My guess some people will get a base one (plus some wheels/tow bar etc) for c.€48k plus cost of the extras. A good bit cheaper than firesale. Regular base price reduce to €51k in next 2/3 weeks then a €3k sale towards end of a June is my prediction.

• Advertisement

Seems to be true of the model 3 reductions but

“Unlike the Model 3, all new Model Y vehicles qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit. In some markets with state incentives, the Model Y will start at around $35,000 for a brand-new vehicle”

https://electrek.co/2023/04/18/tesla-slashes-price-again/

We might see now lot of people due to pick up cars in upcoming weeks might change their mind and cancel their orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Honestly thinking of cancelling my rwd order. With the price cuts in US, I predict another round of cuts here before the end of the quarter.

No one knows for sure but I have a LR on order since Jan which is a nice backup.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Great to see the excitement over the allocation of delivery dates and some positivity l. There tends to be a lot of questions so maybe this might help.

1. payment in full needs to be made prior to registration in your name. Payment made online quoting reservation number will normally feature on your a Tesla account the day after (but don’t count Sat or Sun) .
    2. registration number is usually last minute and arrives a day or maybe 2 before collection, no sooner.
    3. it is not necessary to provide Insurance details to Tesla despite maybe seeing this as a requirement
    4. registering the car for motor tax is usually only possible a day or two after you have received the registration number but this is nothing to stress about
    5. the pick up usually runs very smoothly, although there may be a queue of excited new owners. There can be a lot of anxieties shared about pick up but, in my view , been through this 3 times It all goes well. No wine or chocolates but an efficient set up. Cars come with all charging cables and Mod Y have parcel shelf.
    6. Battery is usually charged to between 25% to 50% so for those with journey ahead of them factor in a charge session. There is a fast charging Ionity site on Kill that is 5 mins drive away or better still the Tesla Supercharging sites depending on direction of travel.
    7. you need to drive the car for about 15 minutes along roads with road markings for the car to calibrate and use of Autopilot

best of luck with it all. You will love the cars.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don’t forget to factor the grant reduction in the figures.

• Advertisement

Looks like people have started to cancel their MY orders, some of the cars came back in inventory this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eankuba

Quick question, hypothetically if the prices are reduced within say next 4 days, will they still sell the car on old price or will they update it even now? (I am talking delivery in a week)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

M3 LR red just cancelled so should be appearing in inventory again. Have a white one due.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭antfin

I can't see them reducing prices further with deliveries dates set and pending. The last reduction was after the expiration of the 14 day return period for the latest collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I don't know, but I would imagine that once all the monies have been paid and if you're in the final week before collection, you're unlikely to benefit from a price reduction.

But this guy benefited from a price drop the day before. Although he was financing rather than cash.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/price-drop-between-order-and-delivery-price-match.221253/#post-5352159

Based on previous posters, I think if you haven’t paid in full and can show a live link of the same car available new at a cheaper price they will match that price.

The Irish prices are set a EU level, they have no control of price locally. Tesla are delivering thousands of cars everyday around Europe.

They will reduce prices whenever suits, they couldn’t care less about a tiny handful of Irish people collecting cars in the next few weeks. They cut prices in US last night. They definitely delivered more cars in the US yesterday alone than they will this quarter in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

For anyone with PTSB, You can transfer additional funds beyond the daily limit over the phone. Takes a good bit of jumping through hoops (A good thing I guess..:) ).

Ha, so maybe it is a good plan to leave at least a 4k balance for the last day and carry that much cash with me ?

I don't think Tesla will proceed with collection unless all monies are fully paid. How many days in advance that has to be for a batch order I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭antfin

Whilst the Irish prices are not set locally, they are set specifically for our market and there are usually price reductions and sales in other EU markets that don't make it to Ireland depending on demand. The timing is always different for price changes across the EU states. It would be somewhat shortsighted to reduce prices here and risk hundreds of cars potentially being returned within the 14 day return period that can no longer be sold as new cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

I know people ask why I paid in full up front for a car well I just thought I was doing a good thing and also getting a deal in the fire sale but hands up I’ve learned my lesson and will never paid for anything up front till the final day well certainly for that sort of money.

you guessed it still no refund

Cars don’t appear in inventory from cancelled orders that quick. They would have been planned insertions.

I’d be suprised if there has ever been a time where only Ireland had a price change occur. Whilst movements differ by country, they tend to occur simultaneously in broader markets (I.E. The EU) as they did in January and last week.

They won’t hold off on any broader EU pricing changes they decide on for the next 4 weeks because of an irrelevant number of cars being delivered here. They likely have delivery windows in some EU country at any given time (plus 14 days around that). If they waited until start June for the 14 day window to be over, they’ll likely be into their second and bigger delivery of the quarter here in Ireland anyway (supposedly starting late May).

Add in that the vast majority of people wouldn’t actually return cars anyway due to a combination of not knowing prices have changed and/or the hassle of going without a car and re-ordering all over again.

There was also talk that VRT can’t be refunded on a returned car. Don’t think that was ever confirmed but seems sensible to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pb288241980

Is anybody still awaiting money their back from cancelled firesale order.?

I have a pick up date for next week for inventory RWD MY but €20k still not returned from Tesla. No reply’s to email and can’t get through in phone. Anybody have any ideas on what to do?

Same here. Will be heading up to Sandyford tomorrow to either beg or vent, haven't decided which yet.

We're getting plan B ready for next week's car because I expect Sandyford will say, "nothing to do with us guv, thoughts and prayers."

Yes if you read back a few pages, a few posters stated the earliest for refunds seems to be the 21st April based on the timeframe given to people.

When we’re you told the refund was being processed as the 10 working days begins from then I believe based on those previous posts.

Well I would hate to see a price drop the day I pick up my car but I think I have suffered enough with the wait and would not want to wait 2 more months even for a 2K reduction (assuming it might be a 3-4k drop that will be offset a bit by reduction in grant). Anyone here who will be cancelling their order in the anticipation of a looming price drop? Or anyone thinking along the same lines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

For me the main concern (not sure if it’s even an issue or not) is the fact the car was made second week in Jan give or take. 3.5 ish months sitting idle… iv no idea if/how that affects the battery. I can’t imagine tesla keep all the cars ticking over with a change so no doubt it’s ran flat at least once. Anyone any input on if it’s a concern or not.

im not overly concerned with a price drop as there’s just no way of knowing. Prices can go the other way too. Getting a 231 reg a week or two before 232 kicks in would bother me more 🤗😆

Advertisement