Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed Foundations: How Much Does It Cost to Install a Concrete Base for Your Shed?

Options
  • 19-04-2023 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to install a 30ft x 20ft concrete base for my shed and I'm seeking some advice on the installation process.

Specifically, I'm interested in hearing about the strength considerations and whether or not it's necessary to use steel reinforcement.

The base needs to be 6-8 inches deep for maximum stability.

Additionally, I'm trying to get an idea of the labour costs (just install the concert base) involved if I were to hire someone for the job.

Can anyone share their experience and provide some insights on these topics?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

If its a shed made of rsj, I would make sure to have concrete pads for the pilliars instead bolting them to the floor, just a better job. Ground works are very hard to pencil a price on without seeing the sight

But a rough cost of materials note no labour

6 pads for pilliars 2-3m3 concrete. Approx €250-350 with out a small load charge for ready mix.

Hardcore for base €350 1 20 ton load

Concrete for floor. 6m*10m*.15m = 9m3 at approx €1200

Sundries. Timber for shuttering, DPM €200approx

Labour cost will vary according to site and access to sight. If everything is to be wheelbarrow, it would be banana compared to a lorry being able to pull up beside. Don't forget that extra stone and concrete for access to the shed. Also allow for drainage and ducting to get power to shed.

Anything from €4k to €10

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GardenMan1981

Hi, thank you so much for all the info. To clarify your queries :

1) The site is very easy to access, Concrete lorry will be able to drop into timber frame.

2) There is a well-bedded base of 804 in place, which means that no additional preparation work is required before starting the project.

3) There is a tractor with a loader and a digger available for the contractor to use

So its literally just labour I'm trying to get an idea off.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GardenMan1981

Hi, thank you so much for all the info. To clarify your queries :

1) The site is very easy to access, Concrete lorry will be able to drop into timber frame.

2) There is a well-bedded base of 804 in place, which means that no additional preparation work is required before starting the project.

3) There is a tractor with a loader and a digger available for the contractor to use

So its literally just labour I'm trying to get an idea off.

Advertisement