Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

Welcome to the club! Glad to hear it's been mostly positive for you so far.

The bug with it losing the memory of its mowing progress was only recently introduced with one of the updates but it's sorted again for me after another update. I also started seeing issues with it going outside the boundary, which never happened before either, but I think that's working better after the update too.

Definitely agree it would have made sense to make the antenna cable a bit longer to have that bit more flexibility over its placement, but at least you can get an extension if needed, albeit at a cost.

That's very true about the initial mapping stage. If you're any bit iffy about the antenna location, i.e. if it doesn't have a decent wide view of the sky, then either find a more suitable spot or temporarily map out a smaller test area to see how it gets on. Would be very frustrating to have to do the whole map again if the antenna had to be moved.

Happy mowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭goldsalmon33

Hi folks,

Question re the housing position of the charging station.

Does the back of the charging station have to be in line with the boundary wires so the charging station sits on the actual lawn?

Or is it possible to have the charging station recessed off the lawn where the boundary wires are flush with the front of the charging station and obviously turn at 90° then to return to their connection points at the back of the housing.

Mower can't find it's way home when I put it recessed. Is there a setting in missing or something? It gets confused when following the guide wire home about a foot from the station. I'm guessing it's sending the boundary wire even though it's still not near it...

Thanks for any help...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Navimow Mower can be outside the boundary.

however at moment, pending a possible change, the mower will construct a channel to the nearest boundary entry point, and unlike other channels between lawns you can't edit this one, so it may pick an unsuitable route, so careful thought required prior to placement and mapping

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

looking for a robotic mower for 200m2, any recommendations? very straight forward chunk of grass, a good bit of sunken patches, flat but slopping downwards, no narrow areas and connection to a power socket should not be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,898 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Depends on the mower. But most no. You can't have it recessed. The instruction book you got with it will tell you exactly the gap required either side of the charging station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dave_D_Rave

Lads apologies if asked beofre I try to search.

Anybody have experience with the HUSQVARNA AUTOMOWER 430X NERA ?

Cheapest price I can get on the HUSQVARNA AUTOMOWER 430X with wire installation in 3900

Lads below aredoing it for 3800 so saves me 100 and never have issues with wires

https://www.cgeltd.ie/product/husqvarna-automower-430x-nera/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Skib3

Hi everyone,

Only joined the Club very recently and while for the most part my Husqvarna 305 works okay , I do have recurring problems, not unlike lots of others.

I actually came across my very problem on this forum - it was dated back a few years - and the same issue I now have. Dissapointingly there was no solution/answer that I'm aware of - so hopefully this time there will be. Here i'm going to paste the problem and would welcome opinions on how to sort. (Its not the going to the Zone, it's the coming back across the driveway is the problem - in my case both Lawns are equal - so I have them down as 50%.

Query for Automower owners with two areas separated by a driveway.

The lawn after the driveway represents 20% of the area. I program this as Area 1 and entered the appropriate distance in meters to the end of that area.

What I find is that the mower finds and cuts the area no problem. It returns to the base station no problem for charging at the end of day. However if there is any charge remaining it proceeds to try to cut the invisible grass on the driveway for 5mins then makes it way back to the first area.

Have I programmed it wrong - how do you make it discount/ignore the driveway? I see plenty of videos on YouTube with narrow passages with with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭murfler

You need to add another €1,300 for the EPOS plug in kit for the Nera

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dave_D_Rave

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bamayang

Has anyone installed a Husquvarna unit recently? I’m getting a blue light error on the boundary loop. The connectors at the back are a little confusing.

I thought the left end of the wire would go on left and right on right. But the connector on the left is labelled AR and the one on the right is labelled AL.

not sure which way to go, have tried em both ways and still get the blue light, have checked all connectors and all OK, not sure what else it could be. 99.9% I have no break in the cable.

could a power cable running to an external light sitting under loop wire throw it off?

• Advertisement

Replacement PCB for charging station arrived today. Swapped out and reset the loop connection on the mower to the new pcb signal. Back in business. Also added duct tape to holes inside the charger and put sandpaper on the floor inside the pcb housing hopefully keeps any stray slugs out.

5 things that can cause blue light in no Particular order.

Your left and right wires crossed over each other at the rear.

Your purple connections aren't connecting properly anymore and need to be removed and reclicked to new section of cable.

Water ingress causing deteriation of the cable core.

Low power voltage from the charger power supply.

PCB board is compromised and damaged.

You can check your cable resistance to check for breaks with a multimeter.

You can check the power supply voltage with same meter.

You can check if purple connections are strong.

FYI I don't like your power cable connection there seems to be sitting up off the grass and stretched extremely easy to get kicked or caught by a cat or dog. The connections on these are pretty weak and prone to pull out of the white connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bamayang

Cheers. I found a trouble shooting thing online, moving the guide line into the L and R slots. That gave me a green light, so at least it has narrowed down my fault finding by 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HotWaterCylinder

AFAIR the instructions for my rob1000 said not to do this.

I did it anyway and its been mostly fine for 2/3 years now.

The odd time the mower ends up sideways ontop of the base.

Where did you get the battery & how much ?

I suspect I'll need one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Hi folks, I got a Husqvarna 305 last year and it has been great. It’s very satisfying sitting at the desk in my home office watching the grass being cut.

Just wondering what people recommend for fertiliser/weed killer/moss removal? My lawn had got a bit long over the last few months so I gave it its first cut with the petrol mower last week and set up the 305 to run away. The grass is a bit brown and patchy in areas. Should I add some seed and fertiliser?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

As an FYI, I bought a landroid with 2 pin plug. I sent them an email and they sent me a new 3 pin lead free of charge. Haven't used it yet as I am waiting for the install of a few more outdoor sockets and for the last year used an extension lead from garage plus an EU to UK adapter, no issues.

Maybe the mower cuttings may be enough to green it up?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

Do you mind me asking who you emailed or what the email address was??

Mine just arrived yesterday with a European plug.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Oh that's good of them. I just snipped off the 2-pin and wired on a new plug. All sorted now, next on the agenda is making a little shelter for the mower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

next on the agenda is making a little shelter for the mower.

Why do people feel the need to do that? Is it that you dont like the look of it?

Its designed to be out in the weather so it doesn't need to be covered, but if you have time on your hands I suppose crack on! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

I don't feel the need to do it at all, its just something I wanted to do. But it'll probably get long-fingered anyway like a lot of my projects.

My base gets covered in leaves so needed a roof.

As I said, they covered it.

Do you want me to remove it or something ? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

So are cars but people garage them too.

I am getting a garage/cover.

We live in Ireland. The rain comes sideways. I can't think of a single thing made of plastic and moving parts that survives being battered by wind and rain, and then faded/blasted with sun, often all in the same day. At 3-4000 for the big mowers, 100 euro to give it some shelter can't be a bad idea.

😎

It will be out roaming your lawn for hours and hours on end. Having it in a house will be irrelevant to it.

Mine is the near side if 10yrs old. It’s surviving fine with no house.

Each to their own here but it’s just not required unless you don’t like the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dazed2020

I had the same issue on the trampoline. I ended up buying the legs. Was much easier than I expected. Now the robot mows over the legs and under the trampoline fairly easily.

Still gets occasionally stuck on the pegs/ropes I have to anchor it but will sort them with off limits/creating islands.

One thing I wanted to ask of others with landroids - have yours become more stupid & prone to get stuck/drive out of the mowing area?

Last year mine was ok but it keeps getting stuck outside the perimeter wire, even in the mode innocuous of places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Actually I see I filled out contact form and they contacted me back by email : https://wiki.worx.com/en/kb-tickets/new

Advertisement