Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Murt2

They do. The invertor has two outputs, one that runs in parallel with the grid supply, the other backup supply which is UPS capable and isolated from the grid. If the Invertor didn't at least augment the supply of the grid load, or as it should ideally be doing, taking the grid load on completely, there would be no point having PV unless everything was run through the backup supply out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Someone can correct me here but my understanding is that the inverter measures how much it sends out towards the house CU (and how much is drawn by the backup/EPS circuit). It also senses from the CT clamp how much is going to/from the grid. It then assumes the rest is going to the house - so the house consumption is just a calculated figure and assumes that no other source is involved. In my case I have a string inverter which my hybrid does not "see", but which feeds straight to the CU and hence grid, so my "house" consumption is meaningless.

No. The invertor measures house consumption, and supplies the exact amount possible so the house load does not pull from the grid, and to not drain the battery to the grid. If it's producing in excess, it exports. If the house load is more than the inverter can supply, the grid supplies the rest. Notice the grid side load was 0 kWh in my screenshot. I'm not seeing my house load at all now, I used to know exactly what the house was pulling in real time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Probably going a little off track for the "Daily PV production", but I think the inverter doesn't definitely measure house consumption like that. It depends. Take me. I have a shed installation which my main installation knows nothing about. If that shed generates 1Kw, then I see on the telemetry on my main installation that the house load has gone to zero. E.g. take yesterday.

House load was actually zero watts (nothing!!) around lunchtime.....because the shed PV was supplying all that the house needed. So because the main instllation saw that nothing to import from the grid, the main installation "thinks" the house load was 0w, but in reality the same devices were plugged in, etc. That's how it "computes" the house load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Makes sense now to me. Thanks for the explanations. :-)

• Advertisement

It does. The CT is on the incoming grid supply. It's directional. If it detects incoming draw, the inverter will try to supply the load. So your small shed PV is taking the load, and your main house invertor is seeing no load, so the CT reads 0, and will export what excess power it has available, or charge the battery if it isn't full.

No bother! I've most of my house on the backup supply. The larger loads such as cooker, immersion and electric shower are on the grid parallel supply. When they're used, I see load on the new grid side load GUI. The problem is, the backup supply now has no real time monitoring. Before this, they were both combined, as it should be. Solis Home has them shown individually, but they're shutting it down end of April.

Once this inverter needs replacing, I'll be going with somebody other than Solis. This is just the latest time they've irritated me.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Yesterday, 18th April, new record for me 29.6kWh generated from a 4.8kWp on a south facing roof.

Today looking a bit cloudy but tomorrow could top yesterdays.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tomorrow looks like a full sun day..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Yeah gettin' hyped.... should be one of the first proper good days yet this year. Ive had some some alright days but nothing like what forecast tomorrow.

Working from home tomorrow and the car battery should be down to 40-50%, the car alone will take everything thrown at it. Might get to 40 kWh day if all goes to plan.....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

What was your all time best day ECO? You've that ground mount south facing don't you? Can you post your telemetry for it (I'd be interested in seeing that in relation to one of the other conversations we've going over on the 5Kw inverter limits and your about the best south facing array I know)

Aren't you the guy who was getting 25kWh mid-December? I'm glad to finally catch up with you! Expecting about 45-50 tomorrow.....Hopefully

Its not ground mounted its on my roof but there is no shading or anything. My best day ever was last May and I got 44.67kWh. When its a hot clear day I'm down about 10% and max out at 5500-5800 Watts. But an a cold winter day and if the clouds break I will generate 6100W no probs. I am based just south of Cork City and directly facing south about 40deg pitch (house set out by surveyor to be exactly east west in orientation)

This is my best day ever at 44.6 kWh

This is from last week (14th) and it was 39 kWh (didn't realise it got that high...) but as you can see I am topping out at 6100W, when its a nice cool day and the panels don't get too hot. Maybe I could touch 50kWh if the clouds cooled the panels down every now and then. But I think that's a unicorn day

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Temps are cool tomorrow, the perfect weather for max PV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

nice blue sky curve developing today 😃

perfect cool easterly breeze under the panels as well

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Go F**k off...since when is this clear blue sky!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

Question for anyone with an EW orientation.

At this time of year (April to Sep) on a perfect day, what kind of output do you get from your panels in the middle of the day, say between 11:00AM IST and 1:00PM IST, when the sun is hitting both E & W panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Currently 5.4kW output for me on a E/W split at 12:09. 4kW of panels each direction.

But they are at about 15 degrees so most would have them at a different angle.

On a perfect day the max of 6kW for hours.

I'm at exactly 90/270 (E/W), and here's the telemetry so far today. 6.5Kwp, but not split 50-50, i've more on the West

East roof has already passed it peak there at 10:45am, but the west is still picking up, I reckon 5kw might be on the cards for about 2:00-2:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭johndoe11

I'm 4.4kwp west and 4kwp east. About 70/250 orientation at 45 degress pitch. 6kw inverter. Here is my output so far today. 26kw produced at 14.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭johndoe11

And forgot to include this, the individual east and west production

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭tnegun

The peak has passed here and I generated about 1kw less than I expected 5.4kw vs 6.4kw during it. I'm in North Kildare and there is some high-level haze that or panel temps that have might caused it? Temps seem ok and the inverters are both reporting 50c so I don't think they're derating. All week I've had periods between 12:00 and 14:30 when it peaked at 6.4kw but not today for some reason. On a positive note, there isn't an inch of washing line or peg left in the house even the dog is hiding for fear of being washed 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I know right, wtf can't we have one clear blue sky day this year already!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Might hit 50 by the end of the day. And nobody home. Charged the car this morning from the battery, then battery charged back up and water fully heated. The rest gone to the neighbors.

31.5kWh today from my 5.4kW Solis.

Had the washer, drier, dishwasher running and still exporting. Battery and water heating were done by 09:00

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I think will not be much higher than tuesday here. 18.4 currently maybe will make to 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Broke the 50kwh for the day. Not even 1 cloud in the sky all day in Skerries, and still going. And almost all of it exported which is a pain.

• Advertisement

I am thinking today is going to be a record breaker for me....40 kWh up to 17:00, I reckon I will easily get another 5-6 kWh (my record is 44.7 kWh)

Good news in that I used 79% of it also. Most of it into the car (big shower clothes washed dishes done etc) Even though it was a bit cloudy between 11 and 1pm those clouds might have cooled the panels to give me peak wattage after that.

Advertisement