Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Blanchardstown Shopping Center 2021 Updates?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If you have damage, ideally you would have taken photos on the spot.

If you don't, photograph it anyway now and get a quote for repair from an insurance authorised repair shop.

Send copies of the photos and the repair quote by registered post to the centre manager and ask for an undertaking within 7 days from him or her to pay for the repairs or you will apply to the small claims Court for restitution.

If the quote is above €2,000 you cannot to go the small claims Court, so in that case tell them you will give the matter to your solicitor and that the Centre management will be liable for all legal costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I was near the ramp yesterday afternoon while parking my bike. It's certainly a steep ramp as you come into the car park. Most didn't hit it because they were SUVs. Of those that did it was the car body so, in my opinion, you'd have difficulty proving that any damage came from *that* ramp and not at some other location e.g. hitting a footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I was looking for the right forum to have a vent about the horrendous driving around the shopping centre roundabouts. This looks a good spot 😊

Case in point: the roundabout beside Liberty Insurance https://goo.gl/maps/1yY8zLg11PHFFAMc7

I live in the area and always go straight through this roundabout towards Tractamotors garage. But, you'll see from the image that there are two lanes - left turn only and straight ahead/right turn. The amount of times I've had to slam on the brakes as drivers in the left turn only go straight on and nearly cause a side-impact collision into the one lane. And, not a bother out of them. In fact, one guy waved in a 'come on' motion to get out of the car for a row!

Tell me I'm not the only one who comes across this?!?! I'm really sick and tired of the ignorance of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You're right and I experience this regularly too as a fellow go straight at that roundabout person. The problem is that those markings are contrary to the rules of the road. Legal because you first obey the road markings but it's totally counterintuitive to go into the right lane to go straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

Actually didn't realise you first obeyed the road markings before the "rules of the road". But yeah, I'd most likely be in the left lane going straight too. Anything to the right of the middle of the roundabout would be the right lane.

Not sure why we get so many roads with markings that differ from the regular rules you have in place.

=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

For roundabouts, the rules of the road give a default approach to lanes and exits unless otherwise locally stated. At the roundabout in question it is otherwise locally stated, so the markings are legit.

But the misuse of the indicated left lane there is an issue, it could do with a small ghost island lined with thin bollards to force traffic left once they're in that lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

I have encountered this so many times. When taking the marked right lane to go straight - you really have to take it with caution. Typically, the default lane to take entering a roundabout when going straight would be the left lane. It's dangerous (Even if deemed Legit) and clearly this thread indicates as such. I'm guessing it was done to help prioritise traffic turning left where there is generally no obstacle going left vs. straight where traffic can be backed up to the roundabout from the snug-borough interchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Another roundabout that has a similar arrangement (and only on one approach) is the Millennium roundabout by Power City. Heading south on Blanchardstown Road South the left lane is marked with a left turn arrow. Again, many ignore it. At least in that case the roundabout exit is two lanes, with merging shortly after due to 24hr bus lane on the section down to Clonsilla roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Popped into centre an hour ago there and while the centre was fairly busyish, Flannels (which I really just went into for a nosey) was absolutely deserted with maybe 2 or 3 other customers at best looking around...and probably not buying. You have to wonder how it makes business or is one Versace tshirt purchase enough to pay the staff for a week?

Pity it wasn't Frasers (owned by same group) that moved in as you'd at least have more affordable Arnotts type brands and concessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

We could do with another roundabout at the exit from Smiths carpark - where DID/Maplins used to be.

Would be cheaper in long run than having a guy, or two, there directing traffic at busy times.

Or just force all traffic exiting there to turn left - there is a roundabout not far to the left that you can come back around if you so wish.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3945007,-6.3915756,3a,75y,104.6h,85.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1shWLKHXjBk95Ruqb8WJtQXg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

“Roll it back”

Salsa Jeans advertising for staff for a new store opening soon in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Do you know where within the centre the store will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 username copied

https://www.goldenpages.ie/salsa-jeans-dublin-15/

Unit 114 - the old JD sports unit opposite M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

A reflection of the state of global investment in commercial retail generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

It's surely no coincidence that this sale is announced a week after PP is granted for 1,000 apartments.

My bet is that piece of land won't be included in the sale.

This is what companies like GS are all about, squeezing every cent out of an asset however they can. And sure fair play to them.

Salsa Jeans has opened in the SC according to Blanch Facebook page. Assuming it's the same company, I remember buying a tshirt from Salsa in the centre years ago. I wore it for years and it had the logo on the front of it which is probably the only reason I remember the store being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

I honestly dislike the new design, plus the enless traffic jams just to get there at weekends. The latter makes me fell, it has outlived it's usefullness, which is also driven by online shopping choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glossy1

Lego store to open up in the centre. In October...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thank God we don't live nearby anymore, my other half would have us bankrupted in a Lego store, Smyths was bad enough 🤣 An exciting addition all the same.

Great news! I'm guessing it might be located in the old Disney pop up store as the shoe shop that was briefly there is also no longer trading?

This shop will break me, but what a great addition to the Centre. Other than books, Lego is the greatest invention ever for kids. And kids in their 40s!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

"Flagship" Peter Marks opening up in the spot where JD used to be near Marks and Spencer

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I wonder are they keeping the other one. It's a long time since Peter Marks had two salons on the go in the centre.

There's still two there now. I think the one near Dunnes might move over too the new site. Ive seen few of them done up all mod an trendy (pop art) As some will remind to be the classic PM.

Has Quizz closed down or getting a revamp? No signs of either what's happening.

Oh are there? Shows how much attention I pay to PMs 😂 I was only thinking of the one upstairs near the Body Shop

• Advertisement

😂 I think where it's hidden away not a busy side of the center next too obreins and eir.

So where they're opening up is brighter and more passing trade.

Advertisement