Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Imagine the carnage on that Ryanair flight when she sees them coming with the scratch cards

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ok, the first cruise was going to be in June or July, but even so that's no excuse to sit on her hands and not get the passport organised right away, back in November.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tell her there's 2 airports in Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I think the chances of her getting the passport at this point is slim.

What is it with all these halfwits expecting liveline to sort out their life feckups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Yes.

De Department of Foreign Affairs going through de Lahvlahn for a secure document application like a passport sounds perfectly acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

You would in your fcukin hole go to Waterford Joe, you'll be on the long trek to the hotel in Tullamore this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

There was a spokeswoman on the Claire Byrne show yesterday and she was saying that everything was going excellent in the Passport Office and there is nothing causing delays. She also said that you can call in to the Passport Office if needs be. Yet this woman says that she was told that there is no way that she can call in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭Deeec

Joe thinks the passport office will give the passport to any random person - is he for real

M

Which caller has the fastest sports car and most space on their licence for points so to speak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭calculator

If it meant shipping that wan off....

Exactly so. And getting a courier to collect a passport is commonplace business practice.

As I said earlier in the thread, there is something being left out of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭RINO87

Dis has to be a wind up......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm only back from lunch and missed this call. Helen sounds like a simpleton and I'll be searching for it on listen back. In the meanwhile, she will be pumping the slots with coins to try win another cruise 😏

I suspect the childs mother is the issue..... no mention of her at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭Tow

You must be new here? It is the Live Line, you only get one side of the story.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭golondrinas

It for delivered to my house. Ok

M

At a guess the son put the declared parcel value down in Philipiano readies and it was taken as Euro value.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Deyve mixed up de peso and euro I bet

Ah........as she says now. Peso is worth buttons to de euro. Just needed the documents to have de wrong symbol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭RINO87

Is this woman on speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm still no wiser about what she's on about. As above posters said most likely they fucked up the customs declarations value

Edit: Joe reading the thread

M

Whoy couldn't the asswipe son have got on the blower to Michael Guineys and ordered her a gift from there?

M

Customs duty is added to include the cost of shipping in estimating the value due.

It sounds like a mistake - why the hell ring Joe

40 euro is 2450 Filipino Peso's. Looks like whoever calculated the value didn't allow for the difference in currencies.

Customs will laugh at Joe trying to interfere - they're a law unto themselves.

Most of the time they're fine, but there is the odd wanker working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Don't blame the post office. It's idiots in the Philippines, or the family filling in the form wrong in their post office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

This is the type of Lahveline I love.

None of that auld Culture War stuff, just the pure simple stupidity and madness of de plain peeple of Areland. Unashamed about telling the country about it, either.

Fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,583 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

haha, a relation of mine bought a boat, for cruising around lough derg. I'd say it got about 2 spins out in 10 years. the fellow who sold it to him said on the day 'only two good days with a boat, the day you buy it and the day you sell it'

Advertisement