Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

If your son is going to be the future King of England and the head of the English Church maybe don’t be dating a Muslim playboy who’s father is fighting with the government for a passport also being royalty doesn’t mean you don’t have to wear a seatbelt. It seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder and didn’t care how the embarrassment impacted her sons dumped in boarding school.

I have no sympathy for the British royals though. The sh*tshows great, more popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Of course its to do with the tabloid press. Piers Morgan started the hole 17 lies thing (which started out as 17 lies and unprovables) and became just 17 lies.

I'd be interested to know what your top 5 lies are that she seemingly told in the Oprah interview.

The Royal Protection is the London Met who are hired out by all the London football teams and who the Met complain that they are not being paid enough for. So the precedent is there for paying the police for security. (They are also paid in Manchester, Newcastle etc. etc. just for the record).

I'd appreciate a link from you that says differently.

I see where Simon Case, now Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Civil Service (William's former Private Secretary who was handling Meghan's bullying charges) is now in hot water himself over discrimination and racism. This isn't making the headlines in the tabloids.

By the way, I'm sure you are aware that Case made the complaint about Meghan's bullying without the consent of the people involved and they made Case withdraw the charge and hence no report published as to what happened.

Whatever about the car accident that Diana was killed in, what was truly **** was how the paps just kept taking photos of her dying and didn't go to her aid (such as what any decent human would do). You wouldn't treat a dog like that. Thats how bad the Paparazzi are.

• Advertisement

Seriously, what are you going on about? As far as I know Catholics are the only ones who are prohibited from marrying into the Royal Family. Muslims are fine. They even get on with all the Christian churches and are usually present at all State ceremonies. There are a couple of million Muslims living in England. Is this racism or bigotry you think is fine?

I wonder did anyone wonder how tampongate would have upset both Charles & Camilla's children. They all seem to have gotten over it from what I see now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

What? They aren't being paid for "security" in those cases? They're being paid additional fees by the clubs to help cover the cost of the extra staff needed to keep the public safe on their property by performing crowd control and other policing duties - you know, their actual jobs. They do the same thing outside the stadiums without the clubs contributing. That's a bit different than being hired to protect individuals isn't it? I don't think it's a valid comparison. Police are 100% needed at football matches and other events to keep the public safe which is well within their remit.

Well I disagree with you. The Met accepts payment for services. They have a way of accepting payment. Harry is still a member of the Royal Family, no matter what and they get protection whether they are working or not. This ''working royal'' is whole load of nonsense as an excuse.

While we are on the finances of the Royals - according to the Guardian today, who have been doing a series on the royal family, Charles' personal fortune is approx. £1.8 billion. Everything is left to Charles/heir to avoid paying inheritance tax (in an arrangement negotiated between QEII and John Major when he was prime minister). Thats why all the royals have to go cap in hand to Charles for a handout - to avoid paying tax.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/07/british-royal-family-wealth-finances-cost-of-the-crown-summary

How many Muslim Princess’s or Queens dating Christians or non-Muslims? I guess they are all racists too.

Also ‘can’t marry Catholics’ is fine?

Then add in the fact he was a playboy too. That was always going to be frowned upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

The paparazzi didn’t kill Diana. A drunk driver, plus the lack of wearing a seatbelt, did. I was personally so sad that her life ended in such a tragic way. But please stop trying to divert away, just as H&M do, from the real cause.

• Advertisement

This is not the same rationale for service charge recovery. RAVEC decide who needs protection. It’s entirely a different matter than policing a football match. Harry wants IPP status so he can grift off that

Meghan is still very quiet, by the way. Why do you think that is? It’s not her normal behaviour. What do you think she’s up to? I’d be fascinated to hear your thoughts

Read my post again. I didn't mention who was to blame for the accident, I blamed them for being despicable to continue taking photos of her dying not doing anything to help her. Not one of them. All they wanted to do was take photos of her dying.

Do you think that is ok for them to do that. I don't.

Who is RAVEC?

Bearing in mind that Harry offered to pay for it, how is that a grift? (FYI A grifter could be described as someone who swindles people out of money. Was Harry trying to grift money from the Police?

edit: As for what Meghan is up to? Probably minding her own business, working away on some project or other and looking after her kids.

Post edited by jm08 on

What sort of a comparison is that to make? Diana was Princess consort (just like Camilla and Kate Midleton are). She was never going to be Queen or Head of the Church of England. She would be of similar status to Jemima Goldsmith who married Imram Khan. If she could do it, so could Diana. And I'm pretty sure that Muslims can be racists just as well as the royal family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Oh I do love a good bitchy comment and this one’s delicious

Camillas son speaks out on her behalf against Harry’s book and his comments about her- just shows why the Queens “never complain never explain” approach is always the better option, but these type of articles give so much joy for us soap opera watchers 🤪

This exact quote from Camilla's son (surprise, surprise he is on his mother's side) 'lambasting' Harry according to that article:😂

Tom Parker Bowles: 'I don't care what anyone says — this wasn't any sort of end game. She married the person she loved and this is what happened.'

That is explaining that she loved Charles. He is inferring (explaining) that all is fair in love and war!

I wonder would Charles have abdicated like his grand uncle for Camilla?

Name one Muslim royal woman dating a non-Muslim? Any at all?

I'm not too well up on Muslim princesses but I do recall that Princess Hoya (daughter/sister of the King of Jordan and former wife of Sheik Mohammad of Dubai) had an affair with her British bodyguard. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8945801/Princess-Haya-paid-British-bodyguard-1-2m-quiet-affair-fled-Dubai-ruler.html

I'm not sure what this has got to do with Diana having a fling with Dodi Fayad. Blood a bit too thick for the thin bloods of the royal family even though she was divorced from Charles?

Interesting question. I don’t think so. He would have remained “single” but Camila would have featured in some way; obviously not as an official Queen but she would have been there in the background.

Reason being, I think since the year dot, Charles was programmed to be king- I don’t think any one or any thing would stop that from happening in his mind.

• Advertisement

Once he was King, he could do what he liked and no one could stop him. He would have control of the purse strings so the rest of the royal family would have had to go along with whatever he wanted.

It was an affair she had to flee. I don’t like the royal family but to complain that they are racist is a bit rich when most are.

Getting back to the point of this thread....Meghan and Harry.

They used to be ̶i̶̶n̶̶s̶̶u̶̶f̶̶f̶̶e̶̶r̶̶a̶̶b̶̶l̶̶e̶ inseparable, lots of PDA, the claw grip, "salt and pepper", freedom flights, etc. Latterly, they are hardly ever seen together. Did the distancing started with the publication of Spare, and his solo interviews? What's happened to the "supportive" wife? She was happy to be taking a key solo role in the Invictus Games promotion. Why not on the book tour for Spare??

I fear that H has lost his usefulness.

Is this the start of "unconscious uncoupling"??

So many questions so little time 😛

If they haven’t fallen out and about to divorce which I don’t think has occurred, yet, then I think she was just giving him the space for the exposure he required to market and sell his book. That’s essentially now come to an end so I reckon she’s about to launch something herself- you can get over-exposed very quickly so I reckon she’s simply laying low and will likely launch some new podcast or something right around the time of Charles coronation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I think they had a statement issued about them segregating pursuits of their commercial activities mid 2022 and it looks like that has been playing out i.e. Meghan going solo on things like Archetypes with no Harry along to promote it and Harry doing the Spare promo tour while Meghan steps back.

Post edited by valoren on

Oooo look at you with your royalty knowledge 😂 😛😉

You asked me to ''name one Muslim royal woman dating a non-Muslim? Any at all?''

I named one muslim royal who had a two year affair with a British man, who as far as I know, wasn't a muslim.

The Norwegian Royal family are not racist by the way. I have no idea about the others.

Another bloody letter. After Oprah wrote back to Charles pointing out unconcious bias, both acknowledging the alleged comment was not made in malice but didn't get a satisfactory response and so won't be going to the Coronation. According to a "source" so take from that what you can. The drama. The drama. 🙄

I am thinking the whole thing is predicated on Harry thinking he caught Camilla in a gotcha after she roasted Harry (Ginger Afro...lol) and after consulting with Meghan thought he could go and throw them all under a bus with Camilla being blamed and likely ostracised because she is this dangerous villain he needed to get back at for..I dunno...turning his childhood bedroom into her dressing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

The delicious irony of Meghan leaking a letter, having ghosted her own father for leaking a letter. On the late Queen’s birthday too, vile, vindictive person that she is.

Edit to add - how does she explain coming to the Jubilee?

• Advertisement

Also why letters couldn't be exchanged privately before even doing Oprah which was what prompted the exchange. Could have been done at any time over the previous few years since it happened but in my opinion it was something kept deliberately so that it could be weaponised. Particularly nasty when it all happens while they are preparing for an impending death in the family. Lovely timing. Maybe given the circumstances an understandably curt or antagonistic reply may have been given, a reply which would serve as validation, could be weaponised itself in turn.

They went from being the most popular royals to being grey rocked, ostracised and mocked with them now depending on regurgitated PR to actually remain relevant.

Advertisement