Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Record broken again yesterday, 21st April, 32.28kWh generated from a 4.8kWp on a south facing roof.

Nice curve too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

0.1kWh short yesterday of my all time daily record set mid July last year.

Got 46.6kWh from a 6.84kW array, SSE facing in Roscommon.

20kW exported and 3.3 into the Eddi.

Perfect curve.

Only downside is that my usage was nearly 9kW above normal yesterday at 32.6kW.

Only had one load in the dishwasher and neither the oven nor WM were used so not sure what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭crisco10

Record production yesterday too, 28.5kWh off 5.6kW E/W.

Only had a E/W install since February, but question, do E/W ever hit their rated power (for each array, not overall)?

Looking at below the attached, you can see the 2.4kW East Array (blue) does well to beat 2kW instantaneous power. And similarly the 3.2kW West, very rarely beats 3kW instantaneous.

No shading to speak of bar a small bit of chimney on the Westerly array at noon, but panels are optimised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭rameire

Just noticed my panels are covered in dust, so the Sahara sands over the last week are probably reducing some peoples generation.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Not that I’ve seen in the 9 months I’m live.

I’ve 2.7kWp on E and got a max of 2.2kW yesterday. That’s ~80% of the max rated output of the string. To date I’ve never gotten a higher %. I’ve panels on 2 angels though (a flat and main roof) so that may impact production.

And last August when it was blue sky scorcher days, that % was the same (though panels were hotter so output would have been reduced).

Good news is that while the output is lower than S, E/W has a longer time window each day. I’ve no battery so that helps me. So if weather is muck at midday, we’re less affected. And for 4 hours yesterday, E produced at least 75% of the max 2.7kWp possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yesterday was my best day of the year so far. 39.5 generated from 4kwp south east, 3kwp north west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Would you mind posting an image of your production yesterday? The graph I mean. Curious to see when the north west panels kick in and how well they performed yesterday. Thanks.

Yeah, I consistently see 80% as almost a glass ceiling. To the point I was starting to question was there a parameter set to that figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Might be clearer if you reduced the timeline in your chart as the days are very "bunched up" and it's difficult to see what your talking about.

Here's my E/W split (exactly 90/270) for 14th of April.

So I got 2.062Kw out of 2.28Kwp, or 90.3%. Yesterday was 78% max as I suspect the panels were hotter and/or there was more a haze there. Bear in mine though it's April, while the sun is getting nice and high in the sky, what you really want is a day in June and then about 10-11am where the sun is 40deg above the horizon at due east where it's "end-on" to the panel. That'll be your max.

If your getting 80%, that's not bad or something to be concerned about. Normal enough and why the advice is to oversize your array as much as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Do you mean mount 3 panels vertically on it? If you are going to DIY this at a reasonable cost I would definitely go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Hit the 30 KWh mark yesterday. And because the EV was away, most of that was exported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

yep, just concerned about a 70kmh+ wind gust edge effect up there but nothing that can't be sorted properly I suppose. it was getting a nice amount of late sun yesterday..

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

I got caught with 3 panels on it's own string and the startup voltage (VOC) is too low. So the string wakes up later and goes to sleep earlier than it should. If I could fit a 4th panel (which I can’t), I’d be fine. 

Yeah , I was just really demonstrating the overall trend that it doesnt get over 80% at all on either array. Shortening the timespan just makes the same point over a few days.

on the 14th, that was my record day for peak since installation which indeed hit 90% in both arrays at various points.

Yesterday in contrast, never exceeded 80%.

So both a similar story to yourself.

But got the answer I needed I think, it is normal, and nothing to be concerned about. And yes my array is oversized! ;-)

Hope you can make that out. They use practically the same colours for both strings - I'm curious to see what my max generation will be. I suspect maybe 50/55kw is possible in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

2nd highest daily total yesterday, came in at 18.6kwh from a south facing 2.5kwp system in Galway.

Best was 18.9 kwh from May 21.

Funny old day, never went above 2.4kwh production at peak as the easterly wind never hit panels to cool them, also noticed a lot of bird shyte on panels.😀

May is bird poop central here.. car is usually destroyed.. i give up trying to wash it for the month.. re the panels is the general consensus is that it will just bio degrade and wash away with rain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

No idea but there is quite a lot and their big😂 we got quite a few seagulls about dive bombing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

Don't think anyone will be posting up perfect curves today, I'll barely make 5kW

At least the panels will get a wash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yeah for sure, where the f* did met.ie think I would get enough irradiation for 20kwh today, I'll never know. If I lived about the clouds maybe.

Tomorrow showing the same and yet rain all day, battery getting charged so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Colm82

Where on the met eireann website can you see a prediction for solar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

We're using some scripts to calculate it from their API. See the automation thread, it's there somewhere.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Glorious day up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jackson22

6.1 today, 16.8 yesterday and 38.5 on 20th from 4.8 kW SW and 2 kW NE in South Dublin.

On 20th, the peak power was approx 4.9 kW whereas it reached 6.2 kW on 18th. Inverter is 6 kW.

Given it was cloudless sky on 20th, presume lower peak was combination of inverter temp and panel temp?

Is that an indicator of warm summer day peaks?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yeah it's a good indication of steady power in full sun,

Moving from cloud to sun can give a brief burst of high power when the panels are cold but the sun's out, they warm up quickly though

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jackson22

Thanks, for this - my panels are 6 months installed, I have learned a lot from these threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Same here, estimate 17kWh and finished up with 6kWh. Peak was 1.2kW. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

24.8kWh today for me. I wasn't close to home so it was surprising as the weather was crap everywhere else I went.

8kW split E/W.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

4.5kWh here. I suspect your SW aspect caught most of the sun that appeared here around 17:45.

It was so dull here that my system stopped generating entirely between 13:05 and 13:09.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Yeah, pretty muck in Dublin. Here's today's (Saturday) compared to the glorious Thursday.

Like you it pretty much stopped generating there this morning at one stage.

Advertisement