Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW 32 - Transfer Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

I wonder if Zinchenko > White is worth a -4 this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Changed my mind a bit on this. Rival has WC so not point focusing on his team too much.

Newcastle are solid at home so Kane can go. Jesus too hard to ignore.

My big 50/50 call is between Maddison and Toney, and also to a lesser extent Gakpo. I'm just gonna go with my gut and play Maddison...I think.

Johnstone

TAA - Robertson - Trippier

Salah (c) - Saka - Martinelli - Eze - Maddison

Watkins - Jesus

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Oleksandr Zinchenko, Arteta is "not certain" when he will return and said: "It's a muscular injury that needs some time to heal and we're not there yet."

Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'm as of now with Maddison and Gakpo. I like the potential explosive nature of Maddison if he can replicate the chances he had the last GW.

Current FH team, draft #5358478 which leaves me with 3.8 ITB so more moves very very likely.

Johnstone

TAA - Trippier - White

Salah - Gakpo - Maddison - Bowen - Martinelli

Jesus - Watkins

Iversen - Mings - Guehi - Greenwood

*exact funds for Watkins to Kane and downgrade Guehi to Tarkowski.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Firmino is injured for a couple weeks so that increases the xMins for the other Liverpool forwards, especially Gakpo.

I had wanted some sort of inclination from Klopp of which forwards would start (I would rather have Nunez over Gakpo/Solanke for example) but he has said this - "The ticket into this team will definitely be counter-pressing. If you did it in the game you play, you have a good chance to start again."

This would lead me to believe that Gakpo is nailed, but that Jota will also start. Maybe I could go Jota over Gakpo/Solanke and have a Palace MID on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Totally over thinking this week's team!

Is the gamble on Son ridiculous?

If you are gambling on Son, as you think he will score/contribute towards goals, then why start Trippier?

Or do you think it will be a high scoring game with Trippier grabbing an assist while conceding?

The punt on Son itself is fine, he has hit form while Spurs have been poor, but IMO commit to the result while on FH. Go all in on him, rather than hedging bets with Trippier. If Spurs score, and Son is involved, you'll 'win' twice as everyone on FH will have Trippier and can't get CS points. Your replacement can.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Med101007

Have 10 starters but need a new keeper for 11. Have Kepa & Steele as my two GKs currently. Have 1FT and 0.0m ITB. Looking at swiching Kepa for Johnstone. Is Johnstone a good buy for the long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Not worth the risk imo, Guaita due back next weekend so light only get 2 games out of him. I was the same and went with Neto, has a nice run in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Villa are flying atm, if i was on FH i would be looking at Ramsey the lad has return in 4/5 games in a row now, yet has a low EO. I didn't see Leicester's last game, so no idea how Maddison played, but Villa nd Ramsey have form, Maddison and Leicester don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Thoughts on my FH team? 5.2m itb

Johnstone

TAA, White, Trippier

Saka, Martinelli, Gakpo, Salah(c)

Solanke, Watkins, Isak

(Iversen, Eze, Moreno, Guehi)

Plenty of cash like myself.

Maybe go up to Kane in the front 3 if playing 3 up top? Your 4 in MF are solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Thanks, yeah I've been going back and forth about Kane this week for either Isak or Solanke. Newcastle away hasn't been an easy fixture for most teams this season which is putting me off but then again it's Kane who's capable of hauling against anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Last selection choice, have 12 players this GW (no chips to use). Decision is Mee (home to Villa) or Botman (home to Spurs) - have trippier so would be going double newcastle defence which i am not totally against given spurs form. Any thoughts?

Toss a coin but I'd be going Mee and avoiding the double Newcastle defence.

Seen the double Newcastle defence wipped out lately and killed teams.

• Advertisement

I'm really tempted to not include Saka in FH. 6 blanks in 8, but then has 2 double digit scores in the other games. Might be some early team news but I'd be happy to take him out.

Scared if he does bang though, as everyone on FH will own him.

Or I could just start Maddison instead?

He's 100% not in my FH.

Unless with get a team leak and Jesus is out etc, Saka isn't making it. Jesus, White/Gabriel & Martinelli.

My 5 starting Mids: Salah, Gakpo, Martinelli, Maddison, Bowen

Glad it's not just me thinking it so!

I'm currently taking a punt on Castagne. Not sure how many more punts I want to take in midfield like a Willian/Wilson or Eze/Olise. Might play it safe with Odegaard perhaps, or Maddison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Defo toss of coin and have got most of those wrong this season 😔 Forgot to mention I have Watkins aswell so will opt for Botman and hope Villa stuff Brentford and Spurs do nothing against the toon 😬

Where is the leaked Arsenal team news?

• Advertisement

No team news of note, so Saka is not in my FH team. It's White, Martinelli and Jesus so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Let's talk FPL Andy is saying Jesus starts.

Same team as last game only Zinchenko in for Tierney.

Cheers. I'm surprised that Zinchenko starts. If I had known that (a week ago!) I might have held out on my FH and been able to field 9/10.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I went with Odegaard, Martinelli and Jesus. Had White until a few minutes before deadline but decided Robbo and Odegaard over White and Gakpo. I hope it pays off.

I ended up completely chickening out on Saka and starting him. I looked at it more from a POV of Southampton being bad than him being good.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Newbie20

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Went for Castagne too. No massive reason for it only a bit of a punt and Wolves aren’t usually full of goals.

The extra defender spot on a FH is wide open, going to be very mixed outside of TAA, Robbo, Trippier, White & Gabriel.

Advertisement