Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dubois is huge nowhere. What are some of you seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Gorman is a mystery, he did not turn up for the dubois fight or the wardley fight and considering his family pedigree i expected more from him.

Hughie fury is meant to be coming back shortly and his dad said hes going to breeze through the division, which he could well do but the elite lads at the top will smash him to bits.

Wardley is a great poster boy for matchroom, he speaks very well on camera and has a great nice boy next door personality but any elite fighter will blast him to bits unless he improves quickly.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I just think that’s Gorman’s level. There are plenty of other siblings and cousins that were no good at boxing. Against Dubois he wasnt great I think he may have frozen a bit but he never wins that fight for me. With Wardley he had been doing ok but seemed to have no ability to take any kind of shot. I think his eyes may have been affected?

Ah Hughie is decent and no better, I think he beat Parker but loses to anyone else from 10 up. Povetkin easily beat him and he shouldnt have.

Wardley is enjoyable to watch but yea taking shots is suicide at high or elite level. I think hed have a good scrap with Anderson.

Gorman and Wardley are domestic level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Fury vs Ruiz announced for July 22nd

• Advertisement

No obstacles needed from Fury for this fight....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I’m just glad to see we will be getting a fight.

Is it a good fight? Ruiz I think is the best available opponent but I think he’s well away from good enough to beat Fury. For Ruiz its a great opportunity.

Yep. A fight. Intriguing style match. If Ruiz comes in prepared and fit and throwing shots, could be a great scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

finally a fight ,I like Ruiz he is though cookie, think he'll struggle with furys height and reach though but if he is prepared it could be an interesting fight for fury

• Advertisement

I think Fury will box him long. Could be the first time Ruiz gets stopped. I dont think he can win but he can certainly test Fury, especially to the body.

There;s a bit of talk about Joshua fighting in August as well now. Bakole shouting a bit. I think he’s domestic level too but a big lump that’s pretty game.

Their height difference could work for and against both of them. Fury at 6 feet 9 trying to punch down at a bobbing and weaving and attacking Ruiz, and Ruiz at 6 feet 1 or so trying to land clean to the head of a man 7 inches or so taller.

Yea, in that case Ruiz actually has more to aim at and Fury might struggle to land powerfully. A lot of jabs and cuffing shots, leaning and spoiling.

Ruiz always crouches down but I think fury will be able to handle him

Where has the fight been confirmed ?

Good point it’s not on Sky Sports app anyhow. Fury blowing about a big announcement yesterday but not anything on his own social media today except him pretending to be doing a hard work out

I saw his insta story, he only films the after parts of the training

nothing anywhere of note apart from Eddie trolling yesterday to distract us from Conor benn

Fury, if he fights Ruiz will have fought two AJ leftovers in his last few bouts...In the words of Jim Royle, "Legacy my arse."

Is Pulev being mentioned as well for Fury?

Well Ruiz did KO Joshua could hardly be called a leftover. Broadly speaking yea Fury's record can be picked at. Needs to fight Joshua or Usyk to be in any serious discussion as a great. It's there for him I dont get the lack of motivation to make those fights.

• Advertisement

did aj not fight an older Klitschko and now hes being lined up to fight wilder which could be seen as left overs too but we are getting fights hopefully

Yes. They’re all eating leftovers instead of eating each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,393 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If you get a million for a fight you are pretty big already

If you get 750k to fight Kevin Lerena you are pretty big.

Thats just a number Dubois shouldnt be in a ring with Fury... I dont know if the word 'yet' or 'ever' would best finish that sentence. If Fury Ruiz and Joshua vs anyone were set for the summer that would make me happy enough. In fact I'd price tickets. If you're Joshua then why not fight the week before and then go to Fury's fight and call him out. He doesn't have years to do it the next 1 or 18 months and the landscape will likely change and 18 more months beyond that and it will be the turn of others to carry the torch in all probability.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,393 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Should he be in a ring with Usyk? If he's big enough for that then he's big enough to fight Fury.

Now if you are saying he shouldn't be in a ring with Fury because he'd get mauled I'd agree with that.

I'm simply talking about ppv numbers and earnings for Fury.

Ruiz is a fat useless fighter whose beaten two forty+ year old beaten dockets since he last fought Joshua.

Beating Joshua is the only thing of note he's ever done.

ruiz beating Aj is more than dubois has ever done, I don’t think he even got paid for that joke of a fight he had in America in a community centre 😂

brick top was talking about a court case to get his money lol

Well in terms of skill he and Usyk are a mismatch. Here's what I think. Usyk beats him, Fury beats him and hurts him. Time is on his side he has no need to go fighting those guys at least until they wane a bit. Ruiz is at teh other end of things that's why I think he can do that fight. Less to lose. That siad, Dubois would be gambling there too anything can happen to scupper his future title shots so if one presented itself now then can he turn it down? If he's getting a million a fight as you say then keep at that.

Babic on sky sports later.

Thomas Carty York Hall tonight. Any channel showing him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Tomo’s fighting that green haired Scottish bloke that was on the Taylor vs Catterall undercard, ex Scottish heavyweight champion. Blocked every punch with his face last time I watched him.

edit: never mind that’s his fight at the end of may!

• Advertisement

Bakole smashed the hulk to bits and it was stopped by the ref in round 3

Advertisement