Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

have had second thoughts on that subjecto 😆

8.00 Chelmsford

going with a couple of hopeful picks here @j@utis and folks. Sixties Icon progenies have won on soft turf ground and on Southwell Tapeta, in times recent, so will take chance on laying prohibitively short priced jolly @Concorde; a horse what won at Redcar just a few days ago, @ ~ 1/5 . mebbe chance ye 2-place-lay also @ ~1/12

pen landed on 2nd fav MY ROXANNE 7/1 EW here. staying on o'er 7 at Lingfield lto and wasn't beat far in fifth position. not sure if Ellison's filly will get mile, but will find out anyhoo 😋 just two places - hope to get one of em

gl

GIDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pAT cOSGRAVE must feel reet plonka nigh 😀😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭standardg60

That was absolutely shocking stuff, wtf was he doing? Just win the race!!

Ben Robinson weren't luukin at no 'red lights' hehegeghegh - unlike PC 😆😆

• Advertisement

being far too cocky was what he was at !! traded at 1/100 in running per comms; way horse was travelling, that looked value

at the very least, he'll get 21 days will Pat - has to. disgraceful carry on,,,,,

,,,, but i dinna mind 😛

Lol, cue accusations of race fixing and a lengthy ban for Cosgrave, only Spencer can do a Spencer

jockey stops riding/pushing his mount out, and even starts to pull up horse ~20yds from line. foolish

Anyway expect Probert to comfortably get some reward for going to Chelmsford in the last, circa 2/1 is more than i expected.

good luck with that one @standardg60 . into 6/4 coming towards off. will leave off myself

28days for Pateen - thoroughly deserved

• Advertisement

yep well deserved, will be all over the net tomorrow, fair play for coming and apologising publicly though

ya, to his credit, he braved it (allowing himself be interviewed) . probably feels a bit better now for doing so

how do :) :)

try a big field handicap 😊

Newbury - Soft (Good to Soft in places)

Popmaster ~ 8/1 . down into a Class3 for the first time since winning way back in July '21 at Donny. not ran much on soft going, has an absence to overcome, and drawn high enough in box 10. hard to rule out as can go well on soft/softish going (gone close, but never won on soft or worse), and not much form over a stiff 6fs on soft going, but enough ?s to give topweight the swerve here.

Tanmawwy ~ 6/1. Lightly raced 5yo. mainly races on good. won first ever start on soft going at Haydock as 2yo, but that was a slow ran race for the grade/course, and he aint never ran on proper soft going since. drawn in 11, and a poor price leaves him difficult to recommend

Gisburn ~ 11/2 . poor draw, has had plenty o' chances recently without threatening the judge and on ground with plenty of cut an' all, so although he's a CD winner on soft, Hannon's intact son of Ribchester makes lil appeal to me

Sir Thomas Gresham ~ 11/1 . won his first two races as a 2yo with them both on soft going when with Tim Pinfield ( don't ring any bells to me, that chap) . been highly tried since then w/o winning. latest trainer, S Durack, has had him for his last two races. very hard to fancy on the back of a 5th and 9th place over two runs at Southwell in Class3s over 7fs

Marshal Dan ~ 8/1. 8yo what's mainly ran over 7f. has a good draw in box 2. most of his last ~half dozen races have been over 6fs, and he's acquitted himself well in a few of those which had cut in ground. looks like one what likes to lead but probably doesn't have to, and he's a CD winner from last Oct. has to be on my short-list.

Faro De San Juan ~ 6/1. another one with (somewhat) questionable claims that's vying for favouritism here. could well be that one of the younger/unexposed types does go well here, but hard to fancy Dylan Cunha's charge based on his two runs to date. also has a poor looking draw in box 17. not for me. looks like one what wants further

Spanish Star ~ 25/1. finished well down the field lto in a similar affair, when coming 11th of 15 in a soft ground CD Class 3. has won 6f soft ground affairs, but on sharper course. very hit and miss and is capable of putting in a good showing and making frame over different going, at 6 & 7furlongs. worth considering at a big price if ground improves from current description which has it as soft.

Swayze ~ 18/1 . 4yo what mainly races over the minimum 5fs trip. has been upped to six recently, and went well twice on the AW at Kempton and Newcastle. only managed 6th lto on Donny on soft, which was the 4yo's first ever go at 6furlongs on turf - that was on soft ground. not a great draw (imo - looks like lower numbers are generally favoured here) in box 16 neither, so will leave off

Haymaker ~ 10/1. has seen some money. has two wins to his name, with one over six and t'other o'er seven furlongs, and both on good ground. has ran two races of his eleven in total on soft going, where he managed a 2nd at Bath in May '21 over 5furlongs and a fourth at Haydock last June, over 7furlongs. not for me

Aplomb ~ 16/1 . can be given live claims based on a CD 2nd on softish ground, albeit that was way back in May 21. has a good draw, but has a long absence to overcome, and has never won since being in the care of Jane Chapple-hyam. his most recent run saw him only manage to come 10th of 12 at Haydock. that was on heavy going. horse has plenty enuf negatives imo.

Zero Carbon ~ 12/1. Looks a decent one at prices. has good draw in box numero uno. lightly raced and only began racing as a 3yo. has good form both on the turf and all weather tracks over 6 & 7furlong trips. third over CD lto in October run when finishing behind Marshal Dan gives reasons to be cheerful. don't think the 182 days absence is a negative. has proper place claims here, i feel.

Bernardo O'Reilly ~ 14/1. has seven wins with most them over 6furlongs. never won on proper soft going, but is a course and distance winner, albeit way back in 2018, on ground rated as good to soft (soft in places). Richard Spencer's 9yo, however, has won as recently as March '22, so has to be considered if going improves

Ataser ~ 14/1. on the drift this one. four wins, with a smidge of soft in two of them. Connor Planas (5) is very interesting booking here. a hold-up horse what came 4th in that Marshal Dan race last October. aside from that run (been running over 7fs and a mile last long while), he hasn't ran in a 6furlong race since August 2020 at Ascot. nice price, but can't give him strong claims as looks to want better going, and has absence to overcome

Crazy Look ~ 9/1. think this one wants better ground and a sharp trip to be seen to good effect. not ran much on soft ground. came 2nd of 6 in Fillies' h'cap in July '21 at Goodwood on soft. that a sharper track tho. is a CD, however, on Good - Good to firm last June, and also in a Fillies' h'cap. on the fence with this one. win only perhaps?

Fantasy Master ~ 18s. three times winner with all three wins recorded at Nottingham. two over 5furlongs and one at six. has won on soft and good to firm going. first time at the track today. don't appear the most straightforward one, but is capable of going well on a going day. another win only one, mebbe 😋

hhmm, too many picks/potential picks there. there are, however, 2 non-runners, both of whom don't seem to like ye soft going, so might assume going remains soft. think i'll wait til first race at 1.30 to make me mind up,,,

,,, but that's a long way off, so will give us picks nigh 🤣 🙂

recommendations: MARSHAL DAN WIN , ZERO CARBON EW , FANTASY MASTER EW

☺️

^^^^^

"8 or 9 degrees at course currently.. good to soft (soft in places) going atm, but it's raining all the time, and only getting softer,,,"

,,, so sayeth Nicholas Luckhiuus at ye course, so guess me good (goodish) ground picks potential picks can be overlucked heheheh 😋

massive punt on Mickyh 2.15 Fontwell. into 7/4 fav from 13/2 earlier. has a light weight, and previously came 2nd over CD in similar good ground affair - when with Burt Ward's mate 😋

should go close - not looked at any of the rest of 'em. will watch to see if gamble lands. surely be there or thereabouts but price long gone on Neil Mulholland inmate

chance one more race

Kilbeggan - Yielding

chance Shark's ALHAAJEB 18/1 EW at an appealing price. has gone well over 10fs on the flat. came 4th on soft on sole hurdles' outing. seems to jump well enough anyhow, and with the better yielding ground he can go close. has a layoff to contend with, but not too bothered about that. hope he's close to pace, as that seems to be the way he runs when giving a good showing - from his Flat days

Stuzziklini ~ 4/6 looks to have the best form on offer here, but looks way too short and might prefer softer going. might go lay yet

g'luck

nowt there - hard enough work, but jolly wins snugly

gamble was about 4lengths up, but fell at last there at Fontwell - money was right (ish 😃) , but no collecte

enough puntin' for 2day

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I was already asleep at that time, missing all the tips (thanks to sleeping pills).

Where's AW racing gone, I can't see any today, I'm totally lost here, have to get into that mud racing again, blimey.

how's things missus ?

them ailments is a barsteward tbs 😒 we all have at least one thing wronk with usselves 🙄🤗

yep, flat racing on turf is awkward as a mofo. especially with ground conditions being volatile and horses coming back from ye absences and whatnot.

rubbish day today, and me's all studied out. four turf flat meetings on the morrow across pond , and another two over here. ya'd want four days to go thru all them cards 😃 😪

Kempton's on Monday eve - ya might find summat there wenchy 😋

not easy for sure !

😊

• Advertisement

Ok, here's my 5 minutes effort on racing in Bath:

6:55 Little Helen - ran well in hdc company over CD lto, missed the break badly too

7:55 Purple Reign - one pound off last winning rating and below it if counting Billy's claim, might appreciate returning to turf, e/w.

Kempton is jumping on Monday, that's not racing. Wolves on Tuesday, that's a long wait.

my bad - was full sure an evening meet at Kemmers be flat :(

decided to back Little Helen, j. think jolly is dubious over a mile on breeding - hope so anyhow 😋

some decent racing at Newbury today - am sure Billy The Kid would've had a few potential rides there. he was down to have six rides this eve at Bath, but one's a non (the 1horse in 5.20) . likely he'll have at least one winner methinks. but whiche one (or more'n one, even) ?

too much studying involvede for me though 😂

be happy to shout lil haylane home and that'll do me

besta luck with yer picks madame 😁

Thanks, I need all the luck and more than that because I'm determined to better myself this year (in terms of gambling, of course). I had a look at my last year's April log: ROI of -23%, that not too hard to beat but I can't be reckless anyway...

I see Billy's had a good priced 2nd in most recent race there. opened up at 20s on the show - returned 14/1, but well beat by another gamble

anyone what had him in e/w doubles/multis be happy enough at this stage

chance IT'S HOW WE ROLL 16s EW in 7.55. name jumped off page - had a look and he's a 9yo former CD winner. new trainer and long absence, but fekkit, it'll do me

went with 2/1 fav White Lavender in nxt, the 6.25

some good form in book - can go well afta absence an all :)

edit: will also go ew on KIMNGRACE 16s

g'l

6:55 Little Helen - ran well in hdc company over CD lto, missed the break badly too

😁😁

never in doubt !! gr8 pickin j@u 😊

• Advertisement

ETON COLLEGE 18/1 EW is interesting in 7.25. gone closeish before over CD. never won over a mile before, or further, but has hit the line well in a couple of his 7f wins. will ignore last two runs as both were on AW. unlike ~ half the opposition, pick has had a recent run

only looked at a few, but Eton College will do at prices

gl

Advertisement