Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I really don't understand why anyone who doesn't want the sports channels is paying Sky...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I think for a lot of people its the user interface they feel is easy to use with the irish channels 1st and the record function.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

VM Four HD will launch on Channel 160 on the Sky Ireland EPG on the 27th of April. It will be available on 159 on Sky Glass/Stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Stewball

What freesat box are using? I'm looking for a good alternative to the Skybox - which has series link & 7 day guide.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I need to give another warning about discussion on this thread - please keep it to channel label, tuning details, Sky and Freesat LCNs please. Plenty of other threads to discuss hardware (and after a month I’ve quite a bit to say on the Freesat hardware myself, but this isn’t the place for it).

• Advertisement

That’s the one, £229 in Curry’s Enniskillen

Zorro2566 gets a 48 hour ban for ignoring the post literarily one post up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Doesn’t make any sense that this wouldn’t be on 117, why are sky not using these numbers in Ireland I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eguiney

Removed

Post edited by eguiney on

• Advertisement

Irishfeen and eguiney also take 48 hour bans. Sorry but the memory of moving those 200 odd posts is still fresh in my mind, and the warnings are literally just above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I hope I'm in the right thread for this news, CH4 HD ( correct region for Postcode ), has finally moved from 126 to 104 today on Freesat.

Yes noticed the change on mine, nice to have HD versions of BBC, ITV, Ch4 and Ch5 together on the epg now.

Galtee boy take a 48 hour ban, Zorro2566 take a one week ban and a final warning, next time it’s permanent.

Im going to keep doing this until people start getting the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

11.112 H, SR 22000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK - 50426 (SD) - India Today

Currently at FTA Colour Bars. Due to launch on the Sky EPG in June, although not known if it will be on the Irish EPG.

Post edited by Charles Slane on

Right, we’ll try that again, I though category bans carried through to forums but apparently not, so those banned yesterday have been given 1 day forum bans in satellite taking into account yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Virgin Four HD has now appeared on channel 160 on the Irish Sky EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Any idea why Virgin Media 3 is not available on Sky in HD?

48 hour ban for Mr Gooey

How many times do I have to do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭cloudhopper19

I🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭ITV2

whats the criteria for this tread?.. am I gone for 47 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

while reading this move your eyes to the top of the screen and you will see criteria. here is a few pics. The second shows the heading when you are on satellite forum. As the saying goes it means exactly what it says in the thread😂

Banned, you asked for it, and it’s a rule across Boards that there’s no discussion of moderation. Swoofer you can take a 48 hour ban too for backseat moderation. Cloudhopper19 edited his post and can escape with a warning for now.

However, for those new to the parish, to cut a long strong short, the thread got derailed by a disscussion on the BBC move to HD, to the tune of 200 posts. That was a big job to split the thread and I did so. In order so that there’s no repeat, there is now a zero tolerance policy when it comes to taking this thread off topic. There’s a warning in the thread title and on thread warning too, so I don’t think there’s any excuses. As a general rule I rarely ban people at all but there’s a really good reason why this policy is being adopted in this thread and a zero tolerance policy is what the people who wanted the threads split were asking for.

Edit: the Admins have deleted the post to which this mod note referred and for clarity I am now deleting it.

The warning about closing the thread of the rules (which were put in place for good reasons) cannot be obeyed remains.

Post edited by icdg on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sligo23

Post deleted.

Post edited by icdg on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sligo23

Post deleted.

Post edited by icdg on

Sligo23 banned and is being reported to the admins as a suspect rereg.

There are a sum total of five (5) banned users across the entire of Cable & Digital at present and two of those bans are being lifted today. I really don’t ban people much at all. I tried to enforce a rule in this thread that was being asked for by the regular posters on it. Regretfully it appears people are not willing to play by the rules.

As it’s clear this thread is just going to become a magnet for these type of spam posts it’s now being closed. As an alternative feel free to start new threads if there’s a channel launch of note,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement