Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Where does the reg show up?

Just on the insurance, I got a quote of 499 from 123. I'm with them for my E-golf and it's gone down 45euro switching to the MY

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

It did for me, flawless performance from it, cuts off when electric shower turns on, gives accurate charging, scheduling and stats information on the app and works with solar. Also looks very neat and has a cable holder Can't see why you'd pick or pay more for anything else tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

If anyone wants to feel sick, go look at how much the French pay for their MY RWD base!

Hint: it's €39990 after grant!

So we pay effectively €7000 more here just because! That's IRELAND for you I guess

https://www.tesla.com/fr_fr/modely/design#overview

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

Yeah but they're VAT is only 20% and there's no VRT in france, EVs are exempt for the time being.

Just in case anyone needs the info, I was emailing a rep in Tesla ( i replied when he came looking for the payment) and the below should be as standard with your Y

• Mud flaps
    • Type 2 charging cable and granny cable
    • PPF on rear low doors
    • Carpet mats
    • 128GB Drive 
    • Parcel Shelf
    • Roadside safety kit 

Also if anyone is looking for a floor covering for the frunk, the Frunk carpet directly from Tesla is really good value, it's thick and plush and only 15 euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Yep I have the same set up since start of Feb.

There was an issue with a bad batch of RCBOs (garo) that intermittently tripped the power on our install.

It was quite random and only happened a few times but fair play to ecoplex, they came out and replaced it with a Hager one end March and all seems in order since then 🤞

(I think the cable holder is extra, something like €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jaywtee

Thanks for that I’ll try them. It’s in proof of registration below order agreement in the app. It’s in the RF100 motor tax form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Also included, don't forget the Tesla branded screen wiping cloth! 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 9,163 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yep and the M3 starts at 41,990 before grants, a full thousand euro lower than their Irish site. 36k after grants 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Did anyone with an April-June delivery date get any update to their price? I got the email saying I would get the price reduction but it's still showing as the same in the app and I've heard nothing since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrymayo23

I've read somewhere of people cracking glass roof when they installed roof racks do rather Tesla do it. But really was hoping the Tesla roof racks were fixed very securely e.g. bolted on by an installer rather than clamped on by me. But other reports that it's an easy install to do at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

On the phone here so struggling to do a proper search of the thread. If I recall from the last batch of deliveries there was some conflicting information on the power output of the RWD MY. Can anyone confirm what they’re shipping with now? Cheers!

From EV-Database.org

The specifications shown are for the Model Y RWD, variant Y6LR with CATL LFP 60 battery. 

Performance/Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h 6.9 sec

Top Speed217 km/h

Electric Range *345 km

Total Power *220 kW (299 PS)

Total Torque *420 NmDriveRear

BatteryNominal Capacity *60.0 kWh

Battery Type Lithium-ion

Number of Cells 106

Architecture400 V

Useable Capacity*57.5 kWh

Cathode Material LFP

Pack Configuration106s1p

Nominal Voltage340 V

ChargingHome / Destination

Charge PortType 2Port Location

Left Side - Rear

Charge Power11 kW ACC

harge Time (0->345 km) 6h15m

Charge Speed 56 km/h

Fast Charging

Fastcharge Port CCS

FC Port Location Left Side - Rear

Fastcharge Power (max)170 kW DC

Fastcharge Time (35->276 km)25 min

Fastcharge Speed 580 km/h

https://ev-database.org/car/1743/Tesla-Model-Y

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They all give good cover, the differential is you.

You have to ring around as what’s good for me may be bad for you. I may pay 396 with Allianz on an M3P but they could quote you 699 on a MY standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Managed to find it on the MY thread. It seems the Shanghai built MY have the 3D7 motor which apparently is only 194kW or 260ish bhp. Bit lower than expected. This is based on the engine listed on logbooks in the last batch delivered to Ireland.

Tesla hikes US prices days after sixth price cut this year

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-hikes-us-prices-2023-04-21/

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Only on the X and S it seems though.

Feckin prices over there change more than the Irish weather! 😂

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Cert of conformity which came with the car stated 220kW. Same number is in the logbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Poyndexter

What price cut is this? I'm due to collect in two weeks and wondering if it will apply to me also. Did someone mention a price cut is expected this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Prices were reduced on full Model 3 range and the Model Y Performance . Price reductions talked about in Irish market are some peoples views (not all) that there may be more price cuts here. It’s up to each to form their own views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Poyndexter

Sorry yes I had heard about the reductions on the M3 and MY performance. I knew there as speculation but thought I had missed confirmation of another price reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ian3101

I had a delivery window of the 20th Apr - 5th May for M3. So, Tesla called me on Wednesday to arrange a delivery day (collection day) which we organised for Tuesday 25th Apr.

Delivery all updated with date and time in the app.

Excitement naturally sets in and I plan time around meetings and ask my wife to do the same to drop me over on the day.

I asked the question about the order Agreement being updated before delivery so the balance will be updated to the new price which I've asked about on 4 different occasions.

I got a Tesla message Friday to say that because the price hasn't been updated within revenue they don't have the figures to register the car and that they are cancelling my delivery date.

The app changed to 28th Apr - 13th May.

Later Friday I received the new order Agreement and the balance has been updated, but I've lost my delivery date which was strategically planned with work.

The general consensus is "don't worry your price will be updated and it won't have any impact"

This is potentially an isolated case, but I am sure others have collection dates with Order Agreement that still haven't been updated.

Just be cautious when planning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

If you have another half, try adding them to your policy. Mine went down by 100€ that way. 490 all including No Claims Bonus protection.

Post edited by Nedved85 on

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Hi, thanks for the info. Just wanted to know when did you order M3 if you don’t mind sharing? I’m still waiting to get a VIN allocated. Also was it RWD.?

No worries at all. Again, it could be an isolated case. However, it's not ideal when people are trying to organise times and it gets cancelled pretty much last minute excluding the weekend days.

I had a M3 RWD W/B with 19" wheels with Apr-Jun window. In the meantime I grabbed a M3 RWD R/B with 19" wheels from the Inventory. Brand new, although there was initially confusion over that too lol

I'm genuinely really looking forward to getting the car and from everything I hear, and from people on here speaking about the car once you get it, its worth the wait.

That does not take away from the fact that Tesla could absolutely improve their purchasing processes.

A business that creates a product for a customer, and grows because of the customer should always remember a fundamental step in the process....... the Customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Certainly lots of room for improvement for Irish Customers on many levels.

100%, I know people talk about the fact that the Irish market is so small for Tesla that we are not a priority.

All businesses focus on small percentages and yes, Ireland is a small percentage but it cannot be disregarded on that basis and I don't believe that's the case. Potentially there isn't enough focus on the Irish model and hopefully that improves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

A few small changes could easily treble their business here. Whilst we’re under their UK umbrella, I don’t see any improvement’s coming anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

agreed .. whomever decided to send 20 LR MY just over the grant over did little homework. Whats worse is the computer will just see inventory of LR is high : must be no demand

Advertisement