Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aniasmith

Jaysus, phase 1 was ready December gone, phase 2 looks like near completion, someone here was saying they were offered houses in phase 3. Feel sorry for those from phase 1 driving by seeing their house ready, but no keys. Brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Paid a booking deposit for one of the 2 bed apartments in Burkeen Dales. They've said March next year for completion but I'll take that with a pinch of salt. Delighted to be getting the ball rolling on becoming a homeowner though. Doing it alone so slightly terrified of the whole process but so exciting nonetheless! Always wanted my Son to go to a Gaelscoil too so knowing there's going to be one just up the road is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Made a Facebook group for anyone interested in/planning to live in the new Burkeen Dales Estate. 😊

https://facebook.com/groups/815332662950676/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rollingstones

hello fellas, we’re thinking of purchasing in meadow hill, any feedback on the area and the construction? I believe they’re the same builders who’ve built meadow gate, Marlton etc. any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Meadow hill or Meadow haven.....I dont know of meadow hill...

Meadow haven Rathnew looks a like a low-end problem estate in the making, built on top of each other, minimal,if any greenspace all backing onto a very busy road.Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jaymist

Thanks Sandy. This is the one on Marlton road close to the little explorers creche not the one at Rathnew. I believe it is an extension of Meadow gate. Any views?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

ah yeah,know the ones.....Id consider that area marlton,yeah, builders and estate is well established in the town,should be a good bet,close to ameneties,cycleway and schools, like most new builds these days the gardens wouldnt be massive but they look like good houses built to a decent spec!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 catrat

Can anyone give me any information on keatingstown in rathnew was looking at buying in area, but seems a lot of houses are for sale in area, any reason for this ?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭dbas

I live across the road from that estate for a year now. It seems nice enough. I had heard that those houses were sold before the 2008 crash and lost a huge amount in value.

Prices rising to where they are now might explain the large amount of sales now.

Brilliant thank you

was just wondering as went to view a house on there and there were multiple houses on road for sale which left me thinking

what’s it like getting on n11 in morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ofthelord

I live only a couple of mins from Keatingstown and would love a house in there, it's a really nice looking place and all detached houses with decent sized gardens.

You'd be on the N11 in under 5 mins in the mornings from there no problems.

edit: Just noticed that you may be looking at the Oaks? It looks like houses for sale there are listed as the Oaks Keatingstown. I never knew that estate was also called Keatingstown, I was referring to the Keatingstown estate around 500m up the road from the Oaks.

N11 can be brutal some mornings. You need to be on the road early to beat the worst of it. A morning crash just causes bedlam and driver behaviour is terrible. Everyone tailgates. Have the radio on before you leave the house and plot your route accordingly.

I've assumed you meant burkeen estate- oaks etc. Seems lovely in there.

tinakily Park is also lovely if you could stretch to it

Yeah the oaks I’m talking about

is that ok in there

Thanx so much for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ofthelord

Hi - the Oaks seems like your regular small housing estate, I'm a couple of mins from it across the road. Never seen or heard of any trouble in there, for the most part it looks to be fairly quiet.

For the N11, getting onto it is no problem(I use junction 17 rather than 16 to avoid going through Rathnew village to get onto it) - the issue may be on which direction you are travelling. If south, then very quiet traffic wise. If north, as dbas said it can be a nightmare a lot of mornings especially around kilmac/bray areas - it's a bit of a lottery really on if it'll be ok or horrible.

Hi folks we're finally moving to meadow hill at marlton road next month if all goes as per plan. I'm hearing that the frequency of the bus 133 has improved significantly, is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Anyone planning to drive the n11 in the mornings I recommend Google maps before you leave. Gives you a very accurate idea of the time you will arrive and of the traffic ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hs519

Hi all, we are planning on buying a house on Wicklow and looking at properties in Tinakilly,Meadow Hill and Meadow Haven. Anyone could share their views about them as we are new to the area.We have a child who will be starting primary so schools are also a concern.Any information would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Baybay

Tinakilly is probably the furthest from Wicklow, closer to Rathnew. I’m not overly familiar with the any of the developments you’ve mentioned other than their general locations.

For me, things to consider would be proximity to schools & shops. If I don’t have them already, will I need two cars to make life work better? The developments are all quite close to either Wicklow, Rathnew or both but walking distance can mean different things to different people, plus Wicklow is very hilly! Do I need to be closer to the train station to get to work? If my preferred school has no places, would that be a deal breaker for choosing one development over another?

There are a lot of positives to Wicklow town but it, like most places it doesn’t have everything & may not have enough of some of the things it does have.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BtxKiddo

Hi everyone,

any opinions regarding Meadow Haven in Rathnew and Usher’s Glen in Ashford?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Up that way last week the meadow haven are dog boxes on the old school site, usher glen is new and out through the old estate and locals not happy with the builder breaking up the roads.

• Advertisement

Thanks for reply.

unfortunately these two are affordable for us comparing to other developments…prices are very high.

Meadow haven houses look of but you have the main road on your doorstep. Literally on your doorstep if your facing it. You also have the graveyard immediately beside you. They have jammed more houses into that small site than i ever thought possible to be honest. Haven't seen inside to comment, went past them the other night and they do look decent inside. Purely the location on proximity to the road is what would put me off, that and if I remember right they were huge money?

The builder who built Kirvin Hill and waverly is continuing to build-brookfield park is their next one. May be worth a look.

Brookfield Park all sold out unfortunately…

We are waiting to hear back on Usher’s Glen - Ashford, nothing sure yet.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kenward82

Have you looked into Clermont Grove behind Aldi in Rathnew? Bit further off the road than Meadow Haven, and starting prices are a bit lower I think.

Sold out as well but thanks 👍

Folks if you can stretch a little and do meadow hill. Good quality, Not too far from the train station or bus stop (the 133 is moving to every 30 mins from may vs every hour) . Much closer to schools and day care! Good luck.

It looks like a great project but unfortunately way out of our budget.

thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noisysandwich

Have you looked at Burkeen Dales? Some cancellations for 2 and 3 bed duplexes.

Hi there.

There's some issues with the final remaining houses to be finished in the seascape estate in rathnew. Some buyers have pulled out after waiting 2 years for the builders to finish, so they will reappear on the market.

The walls at the rear of the remaining houses looks completely unsafe and neighbours have had their BER revoked by SEAI and the builder/council have yet to fix the issues involved.

Feel free to PM for more info if you are considering buying one.

Probably not worth the hassle and worry involved.

• Advertisement

Hope that hasn't impacted you dbas? That's really ****

Advertisement