Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SkyShowtime 1.99 per month

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Managed to sign up this morning with TunnelBear VPN to Romania using PayPal.

That's a far as I've managed to get though. Doesn't work without a VPN. On mobile it gives a not available in your region error before the app loads and on Chromecast it just shows Marlon Brando like another user.

I've tried TunnelBear and Windscribe and it loads the catalogue but once I got to play something it gives a not available in your region error on mobile and cannot be used with a VPN on the Chromecast.

I'll have another mess around with it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

My skyshowtime payment just went through on Revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I tried it on my phone on mobile data (postmobile) and no vpn and no issue playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭savemejebus

VPN still required using native android tv app on vodafone fibre broadband anyway.

Don't update to the latest Android TV version (1.9.48) as it doesn't work on the fire stick. It immediately closes when trying to open.

Got the following email (in Romanian)

Important information about using SkyShowtime outside the country

Hi! We hope you enjoyed your trip abroad. We have important information: you can enjoy SkyShowtime outside the country for 30 days. After that, the running of the programs is temporarily suspended. To be able to use SkyShowtime again, you need to log in to your account in your country of residence. At that point, the content will be available again, immediately.

Easily solved.....

I kept getting emails at 10am saying I only had 30 days limit of travel before I had to go home to Romania. Easy I thought, fired up vpn and played something. Then yesterday I got an email that I had reached my limit.

On my phone, no vpn gives the same screen ye get, with vpn I get the menu but error when playing.

On firestick, vpn plays fine but I still can't play without vpn.

They obv have an odd system as to allowing roaming

Your account seemed to be different from everyone else in that you were able to play content without a VPN/Smart DNS.

Initially I wasn't, then I was, now I can't again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I've tried a few different VPNs and locations and it won't work at all for me. The menus load but when I try to play anything I get an error.

I get that on my phone using reg APK. Firestick works grand using Android tv APK

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭newincity

I am getting same error now even after using VPN. I tried 2 different VPN but same error

Getflix now seems to be working with Skyshowtime, on the FireStick anyway via my router You need to set Amsterdam as the primary DNS server.

I have not tried the Spanish server.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

Since the 1.99(Romania) offer expired in April, what's the cheapest country now.

The yearly Skyshowtime via Romania seems decent enough.

Nearly as good as the €2/month introductory offer.

The EU passporting is working as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Interested in Showtime.

Anyone get it set up on an Apple TV? I have NordVPN.

I had awful trouble with EU part, wanted me to be at home every now and then but I just couldn't get it to recognise I was in Romania. Found the overall choice poor anyways.

New pricing coming this April.

The 50% discount will still stand for anyone that has it.

Advertisement