Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

ANyone have the latest data on FIT rates and when it gets paid out? monthly / yearly/ etc

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭JayBee66

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Cheers. I bit the bullet and stayed with EI... At least i know im paid every month for fit. 100 euro cash back should cover the next bill and hopefully summer sun kicks in. Rate is variable so if the drops come great...

On my ESB Networks account I noticed that from 1300 on April 18th to 0530 on April 19th that my feed-in was not recorded. There was no power cut. Is that to be forgotten or does the ESB have a wondrous algorithm for determining what I might have exported so that I am recompensed for that period?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Same gap:

I exported 27kwh….€ 5.69 worth:

I’m sure this is going to show up on my EI bill as an “estimated” day. I have no idea what that means; I’ll see if I can find the inner strength to call them. I’m sure they will make up some number to charge me; and totally forget to estimate the export. I’m already not looking forward to how pointless the phone call will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

Maybe a silly question here.. surely the smart meter itself has recorded the export? So when the next data was uploaded at the end of the "blackout", this should have been reflected?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

It’s a good point; it is measuring export but they don’t use starting and ending readings; at least if they do they don’t appear on the bill. I should take a photo of the export reading on the meter on the 1st of every month. What I think is actually happening is they are using the half hour data to calculate both the import and export.

For import: The smart meter is still recording the 3 default periods I believe. Day / Peak / Night. So these values have no relationship to the Peak / Off peak / Boost times on the EI night boost tariff.

if it happens from time to time it’s understandable; I would like to know how they calculate usage on days they don’t have half hour data; I wouldn’t be happy paying any peak rate units for example.

I suppose what I'm getting at is how they are arriving at the half hour data. and coping with comms or infra failures, which will happen.

lets say the cell tower is down for 2 hours.

It comes back up, I'd expect the next data sent to be easily reconciled for those 2 hours. say it was 4kw.. they could show 4kw for one of the half hours, or average it across the 4 half hours, but either way, not lose the data.

It looks like data is being lost here and it speaks to a bad protocol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Bord gais estimate it in that case. I never use peak electricity. Estimates seem to push the charges to peak times . Battery always covers it. When they estimate electricity they are good to themselves of the time they estimate the usage.

• Advertisement

I don't see why they would need estimates for bills, with smart meter unless the meter doesnt report daily during billing cycles. They could show estimates for short periods in the half hourly data, but they should always be able to show accurate totals. and ideally replace any estimates with real data when it does arrivr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

The odd day there is a little bold "E" beside the reading for each half hour. Sometimes these are across a whole day or half a day. You only see them on one particular screen. The day, list screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Electric Ireland said they submitted my microgen payment 2 weeks ago. Still nothing. And that was after the credit showing up on my account 6 weeks prior where they did nothing. They'll happily sit on money that isn't theirs rather than just call/email to confirmed where to send it.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

I doubt that we live in the same locality so that must be a problem other than meter to mast reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

New to this thread and just noticed this comment a little late. When you say that the NC6 was received 11 months late, was that because ESB Networks claim that they didn't receive it the first time it was posted/emailed to them?

If you are confident that they should have received it 11 months prior then you can tell them you want them to search again, otherwise you'll be submitting formal requests under the Freedom of Information Act and the GDPR. In my case this resulted in an immediate change of tune, and the miraculous discovery of my NC6, which had been submitted a full year before they claimed to have first received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Finally got my first export payment! I moved to Energia from Bord Gais in February, and Energia have paid before BG. Ridiculous.

Oh wow thats bad. @cru anyone paying attention?

I'm a little frightened of The Cru. I once rang them up and the lady on the other end of the phone started shouting at me the moment I said, "Hello"!

I guess I was not the first caller of the day.

Post edited by JayBee66 on

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

I have been having this issue too and I cannot understand why it should be allowed. Currently, the estimated calculations in place over read my actual consumption /import and under read my actual export. I'm pretty annoyed about how this set up can be allowed at least the old / pre smart meter system had a failsafe where your meter was actually read after an estimated bill and you were credited / debited for the "actual" usage....so called "smart" meters my bum!

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

She's the head of customer relations, her job is to discourage customers from contacting the CRU 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

How often do SSE pay FIT, just moved to them last month, just got first bill but no mention of FIT so thought I'd ask how frequently they credit it to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I only got solar in a few weeks ago, got email from Energia to say they had got NC6 form a week or so later and my most recent bill already had a few units on for Deemed Export! I was very surprised at how quick it was added.

After much cajoling I got feed-in credit from the SSE on the last bill. It's supposed to be twice yearly (December and May) for SSE but I was already with them on a 24 hour non-smart tariff and it took months trying to get through to them to get the credit and change to a smart tariff. You either get lucky on the phone or contact them through a direct Twitter message on their support account.

According to the Borg on the other end of the line, the smart meter would be "switched on" by accepting the new tariff, even though it had been in the wall and happily billing for 12 months. So long as you gave them a smart meter number then you should be on a smart tariff and set up for credit payments. However you might want to remind them on Twitter.

With regards to this month's bill, it didn't appear on the account on the expected April 23rd. Today, the credit level on the account has been incremented with the final government hand-out and the PSO credit minus standing charge and what little electricity we imported. However, the bill was not there to be seen.

I think SSE are struggling with PV exporters and smart meter users. There is supposed to be smart data on the account but it is still grayed out.

I hope their struggles are not a sign that the company is failing. I don't want to end up in the clutches of Electric Ireland.

Were they saying you were not eligible for FIT because even though your smart meter has been installed and waas "happily" reporting both import / export data that they would not honour FIT based on your price plan being a "non-smart meter tariff"?

No, I received a deemed export value but it was very close to what I calculated the actual value to be.

SSE appears chronically understaffed. Cost saving? You have to push and prod them but they get round to you, eventually. Do nothing and back burner you go.

Sounds strange to me that they cant offer you actual FIT if the smart meter was actually reporting the exported electricity. Even though we are on a non-smart tariff our actual export data is being recorded by ESB Networks and passed on to Electric Ireland for FIT processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭simpsimp

Interesting news from California, where FIT has been cut by 75% overnight.

The answer to the “why” question is pretty much, “Because the utilities wanted it.” The state’s major utilities—Pacific Gas & Electric, San Diego Gas & Electric and Southern California Edison—have spent years building the case that rooftop solar is an unfair subsidy that mainly helps affluent households and shifts some of the burden for maintaining the grid to non-solar customers.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/27042023/inside-clean-energy-california-rooftop-solar/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Maybe the Cru were onto something about the minimum fit of being 0c 😂

Let the market decide...

Other news.. still waiting on my march Energia bill 😂 haven't had one since the end of Jan!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

When similar happens here I don't think anyone should be too surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

To be fair - many of use bought and got solar installed before FIT was even on the cards. Even back then it still made sense to get solar due to the money that it saves not importing as much. I haven't run the math lately with the kwhr rises due to the energy crisis, offset by the increase in installation costs - but I'd be sure that even leaving FIT aside it's still a good deal.

I look on FIT as a bonus. Sure, very (very) happy to get it, but anyone who gets in solar is winning on the whole. Was surprised that they came out with (initally) €0.13/0.14 I think. I figured it would be €0.06-0.07 myself.

Advertisement