Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Now that they're in the sights of the yanks their options are gravely narrowed. I don't think Iran would be considerd on the basis that the Iranian regime is dangerous to them in and of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fedcba123

Yeah I’m sure you’re smarter. Dubai is a bad place to be caught with as little as a joint and they got on ok there .

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭d51984

Ahh here, what's the craic with the car under someones gaf in Blanch? Garda all over the kip.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Pyrite repairs

Builder discoved. Guards had to check for bodies and guns

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

How many countries have the Sunday World claimed that Daniel has absconded to from UAE at this point? I count four off the top of my head. Lazy, clickbait journalism. They’re almost as bad as Fox News. If the Kinahan camp fed them this story, which I doubt, it would only be a half assed attempt to get a determined marine off his tail, knowing he wouldn’t get a warm welcome in Iran. I’d be fairly certain at this stage of the game that the drug usage of Daniel’s inner circle is zero so getting caught with narcotics for personal use wouldn’t be an issue and he wouldn’t be within a nautical mile of the cargo. The issue I would see is the WAGS and kids. These inner city molls can justify the bling living of Dubai but wouldn’t survive a half year in a militantly religious, war torn or 3rd world state. If the camp does move, it’ll be a tricky bit of juggling to keep the band together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

...until they became a target for the Americans. Being sought after by the last superpower means your circle of "friends" is indeed a very small one.

https://twitter.com/Healyhack/status/1649477781107908621

EXCLUSIVE: An officer with GSOC has resigned amid allegations he attended a party with Gerry Hutch following his not guilty verdict on Monday.

The officer was involved with investigation into Det Superintendent Colm Fox, who was lead investigator in Regency murder. His alleged attending of Hutch’s party has been seen as a conflict of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fedcba123

Target for the Americans and still not done a day inside. He’s clearly smart to have got this far compared to that poster sitting at home on boards saying how stupid he is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Got how far? Being chased around the map by the world's most powerful law enforcement agency?

That's not an achievement many people would be ranking.

For all their supposed millions, what can they do with it? Trapped in whatever jurisdiction they find themselves, eeking out an existence whoring themselves out to Iranians and Hezbollah as low-grade money mules.

Once the Americans get their hands on them - and they will - they are truly f*cked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,978 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Published in both newspapers by the same so called journalists. Both newspapers owned by the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

A conflict of interest - a serving GSOC member at Gerry Hutches release do. What the actual hell is going on at all. Whatever about GH, PH null prosequi was absolutely scandalous. We've all seen the unpixillated pics of the 'man in drug' running out for the hotel, gun in hand. Colm Fox death was but was not the reason why that case was thrown out. Another detective could have overseen it. It needs to be outed what was actually going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The reason Pat got off is Garda that identified him were told who they thought it was and given pictures of who they thought it was.

This is why Colm Fox emails are not released.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

The media speculate .... in this country ... in that country ... in reality though Daniel Kinahan and his ilk actually are more welcome than one would think in many places .... to keep economies afloat ... I was in West Africa (Nigeria mainly and Ghana briefly) and found corruption to be rife there ... Daniel would fit right in there .... 2023 Iran is another basketcase thanks to Trump handing hardliners the reins of power ... Daniel would be most useful there too ... but even Spain: why do you think that the Kinahans were there for so long esp during the banking crisis recession? They were part of the tourism economy!! Ireland too were v quiet about them during that time too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

Does anyone listen to the shattered lives podcast about the regency. It has very good content but is it just me or is Michael O Tool nearly impossible to hear. Is it low volume or what, ive noticed it on a few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Spencer101

Eric Fowler at end of 2018. Not entirely clear it was feud related but may have been. Fowler a Kinahan associate but distant relation to Hutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Spencer101

Media more generally have said Oman, Qatar, Kazakhstan and discussion of Christy Kinahan Sr’s links to Zimbabwe. Iran doesn’t seem likely. But if you satisfied yourself that you had a safe passport or a connection at border you could in theory go in and out of Iran by road or sea to about 6-8 other countries. Don’t know about potential corruption / inter-governmental relations between neighbouring countries like Armenia and America. The size and location of Iran is interesting if you were constantly moving about. However you’d want quite a lot or trust in the Chief of Police’s cousin or whoever you were ‘friends’ with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Yeh Ghana, iran, nigeria etc. Great countries to be on the run in.

They are running scared from a country who brought down Escobar and Guzman. The kinahan gang are small fry to them. They probably will end up in some sub saharan shithole yet.

They conspired to import narcotics into America. Well done lads. Bravo.

They can never step foot in their home country again. They can never step foot in europe or the states. Running scared always buying your freedom and safety.

Yeh the lads are living it up for sure.

And u can all criticise colm fox. He was under savage pressure. A hard working decent honest guy. Another victim of hutch/kinahan parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Updaparish

It's all gone up north now anyway and that was the plan from day one... Leave them deal with it... Money for the cause as they would say...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I think he is ill, his voice is deteriorating like Sean Locks did before he passed

As traumatised as they are cleaning up after gerard and daniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Plenty on here. Read back through the thread mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Almost impossible to make him out

Maybe I'm missing the obvious but what's stopping the kinahans disappearing with new identities?

Also I thought they had their money in cryptocurrency

Or is it that they can't get out of the game and cash always tied up in shipments ?

Definitely won't be. If you make a point you should back it up with an argument in relation to another point or post, otherwise it makes no sense on the thread.

I know you were looking for the easy likes on a seemingly positive post about a hard-working, 'honest' man. But the fact remains there was a tug of war in terms of information and blackmail going on between gardai, a politician (possibly politicians), informants, and gangs.

And no matter how many times the gardai try to hide behind rolling out Fox's widow as a PR exercise (using that poor woman), nothing is going to change that.

That Hutch court case was a PR exercise too. It needs to be uncovered what's going on. A superintendent shot himself at work. This has to be gone through in every detail and in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,978 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

We need this lad on the case

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Correct. I'm not sure if you thought that was a retort, or that I'm in favour of either of those two, but neither is true. Not sure if you've ever seen a suicide by gun, horrific stuff, and that's what Colm Fox forced on his own colleagues and whoever had to clean that. Trauma that will last a life time. Inflicting the same horrors he's meant to be protecting us from. Doesn't sound like a decent gaurd, or even human being, to me. Also hard to ignore the corruption allegations, with the selfishness of that move.

Apparently, the reason the GSOC investigator resigned is because he wouldn't have to give up his phone. He was going to be suspended and then they'd have rights to his phone but he resigned.

He's now claiming that he just said he was at a party with Hutch and wasn't actually at one with Hutch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Augme

Saying anyone who commits suicide isn't a decent person because they are leaving someone to find them is a fairly shittty thing to say tbh. Ironically enough, it doesnt sound like something a decent person would say.

Advertisement