Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭crayon80

Wow!

I got one with far less but it had a bunch of flowers. FFS. I at least expected food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the app says 18 euro. Someone said 3.50, which I guess is their individual prices.

The small dunnes in cornelscourt (old magic carpet pub) sells food off in the morning time, e.g. meats and ready meals with todays date is sold early, rather than waiting until much later like most. I am not sure if the large one in cornelscourt does the same, I do not even know if the big dunnes has a specific section of discounted stuff. I have got discounted stuff there but it was always just on the original shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

Decided to get a Hampers & Co bag yesterday. €28 for a value of €80 worth.

Value of items I could find online.

Keoghes popcorn - 2.49

Foods of athenry porridge - 5.42

Wheat crisp bread - 2.50

Choconchoc melt & make - 18.00

New berry fruits jewels - 7.00

Grahams oat cookies - 4.54

Butlers festive menu - 15.00

Irish hedgerow elderflower - 5.00

Lily Obriens sea slat caramel - 4.87

Forrest feasts almonds and peanuts - 4.05 x 2

Forrest feasts nut mix - 3.75

Forreat feast small almond and peanuts - 1.75 x 2

Doti almonds in choc - 4.50 x 2

Crunch craving bombay mix - 1.50 x 2

Whalley & Carr vintage cheddar - 8.00

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

That's a fantastic haul, most of it will last month's beyond the use by date. If not even year's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

4 Hampers and Co bags showing as available. No car today but would detour on the way home from work another day to get one in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Buffman

Got an Applegreen grocery bag earlier for €5, 6 big 125g packs of O'Donnells hand cooked crisps, 1 chicken wrap and 1 triple sandwich. I got sorted for lunch anyway so happy enough. 🤣

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I was heading to Aldi tonight to get some cycling gear, so I checked TGTG on the off chance . Lo and behold, there were four bags free at Sandyford.

I got a decent haul, with a 2kg ham fillet, usually €10.49, loads of bread, chicken goujons, burger buns, sweet potato mash, danish pastries, veg stir fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PublicBen

Whelans Butchers in Blanch. Food is always good (albeit expensive in the first place).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

fierce preponderance of pork all over i find , thats whats putting me off picking any more up, it seems aldi doesnt seem to have fresh chicken in the surprise boxes lately

I see mostly fish in the Aldi ones with a bit of meat (only once chicken).

• Advertisement

thats strange , my experience has been loads and loads of sausages. i have got some great stuff too , coconut oil in one, leg of lamb, delighted , but really dont know what to do with all the sausages and dont know anyone who wants them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭con747

Did you try the Olio app and see if it's any use to you when you get stuff you won't use? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.olioex.android&hl=en_IE&gl=US&pli=1 I'm not sure how widespread it is though.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

yes thats exactly what i thought of after , got one more box, and this time no pork . result. olio app seems to be not as busy as tgtg.

Two days in a row to get a bag in Aldi Adamstown, and on both occasions some of the food was gone off. Stuff with blue mold and ham out of date by 6 days. Emailed TGTG but no reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Buffman

That's not on at all, I'd also be having a word with the store manager next time you're in. I'm sure TGTG will get back to you with a voucher hopefully.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Yes it's one thing giving it for free to save on bin charges but once you're charging and getting people to turn up and queue up at a certain time , deserves a certain standard. Also doesn't leave a good feeling for drawing people in to a new shop , which us what they're doing, over 100 surprise bags a day out of that 1 branch.

Is it just me or is 1 baguette and a few croissants a bit stingy?

It depends on how much it cost. I got 2 croissants, a pastry and a slice of focaccia with toppings in a cafe for €3.99 and even though they were a bit stale they were easily resurrected with a bit of water, the microwave and air fryer and they were as good as fresh, and well worth it.

100 bags per day is clearly against the spirit of the system

Right well it's obviously what you feel is a good deal but if I it was12 euro for these , which is what they say they are supposed to be selling at 3.99, I wouldn't have.

• Advertisement

The spirit of the system is about avoiding waste, using products that would otherwise be thrown out.

Providing 100 bags a day is abusing the system to provide just another sales channel.

I was replying to the response that 1 dried baguette and 3 croissants was not stingy, but in fact a bargain.

Have come to the end of the 2G2G rainbow, and there isn't any gold herebut plenty leftover white bread burger buns and bread sticks you could use as weapons. Good while it lasted, hope some people get bargains out of it yet. It's a no more from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭uponthegad

Booked two boxes in Supervalu Sutton yesterday, went to collect this evening and neither were there. They cancelled the surf and turf one as I arrived at the store during the pickup window and the other, a mixed groceries was never cancelled - even got automatically charged for it for "not picking up". Staff member just told me they were all gone and there were none left. Poor form.

Report it to 2G2G. If they had cancelled it you would not have been charged. You are entitled to a refund for that

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭marrm

Supervalu Sutton are a crowd of messers. Every evening around 10pm they put 2 or 3 Surf n Turf, 2 or 3 Food to Go and 2 or 3 Mixed Groceries on 2g2g. 😀

The next day in the evening (or even at 9 pm collection time) they usually cancel them. 😣

Why?? Do they get good PR from 2G2g for putting up stuff?

It would make sense if they only put up the items on the day WHEN THEY KNOW THEY WILL HAVE THEM, not the night before.

Sickening alright. But there doesn’t seem to be anything to stop them doing that.

I’d be tempted to ignore the cancellation and land into the store, looking loudly for my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭marrm

Don't think that'll work. Ordered a Surf n Turf a few days ago, went in at 9pm to collect, they said sorry, we forgot to cancel it, don't have anything, go away. 🤬

There was another 2G2G customer there who'd driven from Swords to Sutton, she was really p***ed off to be told to go away empty handed. 😫

• Advertisement

Bad form and something needs to be done about it, get on to TGTG and kick up a fuss to start with then get on to Musgraves and the local store manager.

Advertisement