Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

And you're judging his ability with the ball at his feet on tiny percentage of instances where he makes a mess out of it but ignoring all the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We're the team that went on and on about how we've got throw in coaches and I've never seen anything like this from us

I've never seen Konate so outmuscled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Not really.

I love the guy in goal for us, but I'm not blind to his weakness, and not many matches go by before we have hearts in mouths when he gets into a fluster.

Already had himself and Henderson earlier....both all over the shop, not to mention another simple pass that indirectly led to their second.

On the whole, his distribution this season hasn't been anywhere near his usual level either, but there are other factors at play I would presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Letting Forest score 3 goals at Anfield would be criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Think this has been Konate's worst game for us.

I do love Thiago but he doesn't half put unnecessary (and risky) flair on basic passes at times

Jota now has four league goals against Nunez's nine.

I really think he is out next likely 20 goal a season man after Mo.

• Advertisement

Just put Trent back at RB.

Causing all our own problems

Nunez has spent most of his time at Liverpool caught in two minds

Good defending from Trent, no chance that was a foul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Great to have Diaz back.

FT.

What should be a standard 3pts almost threatened by sloppiness against a really, really poor side.

Not a game for the highlights reel, unless it's to see how not to defend.

Good to get Jota moving again, but the lack of incisive open play is again a worry. Set piece chaos today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Wow,how bad were we today,disjointed and zero creativity all mixed in with an inability to defend throw inside,very very fortunate to get 3 pts today

As bad a win as you can get.

I'd worry about West Ham now but I'd back consecutive wins to have some positive effect on confidence.

Trent back at RB proper please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

6pt gain this week, oh it's on

Damien Delaney does understand that the transfer window isn't open ?

Have to check, because 2 or 3 times today, he talks about our issues as if it can be solved immediately and why aren't we doing it.

• Advertisement

I think Trent in midfield looks a better player right now, but the system we're using to get him there isn't great. Been suggested by a few and I wouldn't mind playing a back 4 with Gomez at RB and just putting Trent in the midfield entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Nunez benched again,I think klopp might have finally copt on to him,offered nothing when he came on either bar a simple missed header

Yeah, bit strange with most.of his criticism today.

Trying Trent in midfield does not mean the owners are cheaping out this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

3pm is our earliest KO time in our remaining 7 fixtures, that means no poxy 12.30 games.

Top four might be still on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

That was down there as one of our worst performances of the season (again). No control. One big awkward centre forward caused us no end of problems. Forest deserved a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Defending was non existent. Thiago so poor when he came on. Jota, Salah and Trent very good.

Really need to play a back 4 if Trent is in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Every time they got a throw in our half it was squeaky bum time. How can we be so bad at defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That second half was mad. All the Liverpool goals came from set pieces and then the Forest goals came from deflections / set pieces too.

Jota seems to be back in his groove of coming with the goals while not being great in general play. It's some knack to have.

On the Forest second goal, this is not a good look for Hendo. He was poor in general play and I don't think he has a place in the new system.

But you know what, the Milner sub was great. He changed the game coming on. Gone was the scrappy pinball stuff in our box as Forest had throw ins and second balls. Instead the game settled down and Liverpool got on the ball again.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Eurox6

At the game today & Salah was comfortably the best player on the pitch by a country mile , the only attacking player who almost every time he got could manage to turn and face forward, He's criminally underrated by some literally miles ahead of anyone else today

Gakpo was lazy for large spells ,

Jones for an attacking midfielder just doesn't progress enough with the ball & with passes

Thiago was miles off it

The two CBs get absolutely no help at all

A fit Diaz changes out dynamic

Hendo & Fab basically our hold midfield needs legs ,

Henderson tries hard, makes the right runs , tries to get others to do the correct things but his energy levels are gone

Might have it all wrong but to me it looked like this is close to how we were setting up whenever Trent came into midfield, don't think Jones suits that role too well.

Also, still have a chance of top 4.

I for one am bit giving up hope.

Max points total of 71 points possible now. In order for Newcastle to match this, they have to win 5 of their 8 games - they play Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and a few teams fighting against relegation like Leeds, Everton, Leicester. Gonna be tight.

That does depend on Liverpool winning all their games though. It looks possible on paper.....on paper.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I'm actually fairly relaxed about CL now. Won't be upset if we miss out as we're fairly off the pace anyway. A Europa campaign might be a little breather for the squad next season - would be definitely winnable and the final is in Dublin which would be incredible. Squad rotation for the group stage before going for it in the knock-outs.

It would be fairly disastrous to end up in the Conference League though - is it 7th place ends up in that yoke?

7th place if one of the clubs already qualified for Europe win the FA cup I think it is yeah.

The whole Thursday night football thing can be annoying as it locks you into a Thursday-Sunday routine but it also rules out the early BT 12.30 kick offs a lot. And is a great opportunity for rotation, giving time to younger players and that. And a nice city break away for a few days.

Players like Ramsey, Bacjetic, Jones, Elliott and a few more would really benefit it.

Obviously Champions League football is more desirable.

A Spurs win tomorrow helps us. We play them, so need to beat them too

Carlos Alcaraz looks like a baller, crazy that Southampton can pluck a midfielder like that from nowhere for 12m, while we spend 120 million on Nunez and Gakpo.

If Southampton go down, we should get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

People slag United fans about Europa but no joke of a lie , I preferred being in it sometimes , especially when we looked a mess. I was gutted that we got knocked out by Seville , I really wanted to win it. It’s easy to forget, only one team can win the league and the CL, there are other cup competitions that can be used as a platform for bigger things.

If Pool do start a rebuilding next season I think it’s a great competition (I know the Thursdays are a pain) to build some momentum.

Of course the CL is where you want to be at, but sometimes we have to accept where our clubs are at. I know your comments won’t be popular but I’d be the same as you regarding Europa.

After Uniteds miserable displays at times this season and the glazers f**king around (that could ruin our transfer plans) I’d be happier in europa then CL if we don’t get what we need in the summer. Part of that could be feeling disillusioned with it all but what’s the point in being in Europe’s elite competition if your team can’t even beat relegation threatened Spanish team?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

You can always drop down to the Europa League by finishing in third place in the group stages! It's always better to be in the CL especially when you consider where Liverpool have been in recent seasons. CL means more income, easier to attract the players you want and always a chance of winning it regardless of form, as it's not always the best team that wins it, plus there is the fall back of the Europa League if the group stages go badly.

I do agree that the Europa League wouldn't be the end of the world, opportunity to blood younger players and integrate new signings in the group stages, would be among the favorites to win it, plus there's a CL place for the winner, which might be our best route back into CL next season.

Really need spurs to win today, we are right in the mix for 4th if they do. Don't see it happening though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Would a draw not be better for us today? Newcastle on 30 games with 56 points and Spurs on 31 games with 53 points and us on same games but 3 points behind. Its mad Spurs are even in 5th considering they season they are having but i think draw suits us best if we've any hope of catching either.

All being told i think top 4 is gone anyway but Europa league might be the best thing for us next season if for no other reason than to get rid of the standard liverpool saturday 12:30 kick off :-)

We'll catch spurs they have to come to anfield and have the tougher fixtures. Newcastle we need to drop as many points as possible

• Advertisement

Honestly, one of my favourite days as a Liverpool fan was a lovely sunny day in April a few years ago. Europa League semi final against Villarreal after losing the first leg.

Landed in Liverpool early in the day and went in the beers in a open air beer garden, drinking with Liverpool fans and Villarreal fans, singing songs, kicking a ball around etc. Swapping scarves, no hassle at all.

Hammered them 3-0 and reached the final. Played brilliantly. Might have been 'only' the Europa League and we didn't win that final but that won't take away the good memories of that whole day experience.

I've been to bigger games, home and away - knockout CL ties, cup finals, games to go top of the table in April etc. But that whole day around the game was very fun and very enjoyable.

If we don't qualify for the CL, of course I'll be annoyed, but I'll take my long weekend break to some Polish or Portugese town in September as a nice consolidation prize.

Explain to me again why we spent 80 million on Nunez, when Haaland was available for 50m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Yes that right Haaland cost City "50m" and not a penny more😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The real question is why did we not spend that money on our midfield. Having said that I think Nunez has done OK and will hopefully be better next season, just think we would have been better served by strengthening midfield last summer instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

We didn't spend 80 million on Nunez and Haaland wasnt available for 50m.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Probably should have 2 Haalands at that price really. What were we thinking? What was every other club thinking? Oh yeah.....

Imagine paying 50million for a left back while we can pick up a Robertson for peanuts by comparison. Crazy really,....

Silly season is starting a bit early this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I don't know where you get your figures from, but Nunez didn't cost 80m, neither did Haaland didn't cost 50m! Also add in the reported 600k a week in wages Haaland is reportly on, then it was a deal that was never going to be on the cards for anyone outside of City, PSG or Real...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It was a very slim chance, but it looks like spurs have gone full spurs and now we're playing for 5th.

Advertisement