Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not just a good win, an absolute must win for the Warriors. I'd assume with Draymond back they'll go back to Sacramento 2-2 and they'll fancy their chances in a 3 game series with huge amounts of close out pressure on Sacramento now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nick Nurse sacked.

He'll have plenty of suitors this summer and I'm worried the Blazers won't be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

"Kawhi Leonard should be on the list of one of the worst superstars this game has ever seen." 

• Stephen A Smith

Can’t get over him sitting in the midst of a winnable playoff series

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What do you mean sitting? Wasn't he injured?

Mr Load Management is “day to day” with “soreness”

• Advertisement

Lots of tension between him and Ujuri apparently.

Trey Young is going to go berserk tonight.

35+ pts, 10+ ass.

Nearly as many assists as points, 7 versus 8. And that's with the Hawks shooting 63 points in the first half.

Hawks lead by 7 at the end of the third. They are playing smart basketball getting down the court very fast on turnovers before Boston can get their defense set.

I'd expect the Celtics to come on strongly in the fourth.

I see Wembanyama has officially declared for the draft.

Imagine if Popovich can get his hands on him for a few seasons...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Definitely I think it would be a great situation for him in San Antonio but do you think Pop has many more years left? Even if he could do another 3 and build another contender around Victor that would be very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

What were the nets at there, you'd think at some point they would have realised that the 3s weren't going to go down and just stop jacking them up and drive more to the basket.

Refs have been awful in this clips suns game.

Whether or not Pop would be around to coach the Spurs back into contention is one thing, but having him coach Wemba for even 2/3 seasons would be invaluable to the next coach and San Antonio in general.

I'm just looking at where else he could realistically (based on lottery odds) end up...Detroit, Houston, Charlotte...that's death row.

Then you're onto the likes of;

• Portland, who haven't gotten Lillard close to a ring.
    • Indiana, OK have the wonderful Haliburton, potentially an elite combo
    • Orlando, very nice young core with lots of potential, but still Orlando.

If I'm Wemba I'm wanting a Spurs cap handed to me on June 22.

Westbrook is playing great, real fire

Clippers outmatched but they’ve given it a go

It’s the game now, teams live and die by the jump shot but coaches say to keep firing even when a team is cold

Nets were no hopers. Keeping some stretches of games competitive is job done. Enjoy your holiday lads.

Playing great, some passion!

Pity he has 0 help.

That’s the series. Really needed Kawhi out there

CP3 on fire in this fourth quarter, he's a wonder to watch when he's playing like this.

At what point do the clippers try and get rid of Kawhi and George? They're constantly injured, it must be seriously annoying being a clippers fan.

• Advertisement

I'm absolutely certain most front offices only care about merch sales.

Paul George and Kawhi will never win you a championship.

KD, Irving & Harden...embarrassing attempt.

Doncic & Irving...Lol

Most front offices haven't a clue how to build a championship winning roster. It's a bit like PSG in football, all the money in the world but assemble a squad that will never sniff a Champions League.

Winning championships is not a simple matter of getting the best player in every position.

Bucks Heat 2-2. If Giannis misses another one the Bucks could be in trouble. Playoff Jimmy in fine form tonight.

If Heat get rid of Bucks we (Bulls) should pack everything up as a franchise and give some other city a chance..

We bent them over in the regular season but got beaten by them in the play-ins.

Dillon Brooks backs up his trash talking after game two with a punch to the penis and an ejection. Hard to understand the thinking there.

Lakers ran Memphis out of the gym in the first quarter. Just hopped all over them. Just managed it from there. Always nice when you have a comfortable win inspite of an opponent going off like Ja did second half.

The big question for the Lakers is keeping that intensity from the off a second game in a row. They were lazy in game two. If they can stay aggressive and healthy they will win this series.

A punch? 🙄

Do you think LeBron would have been ejected for that exact same play?

Well Butters, if you want to trash talk about “poking bears” and “not respecting” your opponent you certainly leave yourself at a higher risk of ejection and suspension when you punch your opponent in the willy.

Similarly, if you stamp on a lad’s chest, probably best not to then be shouting “bitch” into the crowd while Adam Silver sits looking at you being reminded of the Malice at the Palace.

That said - to directly answer your question - I’m 100% in favour of every player being ejected for what Brooks did last night; and every player being suspended for what Draymond did.

If you want to get physical, plenty of ways to do it. Take a charge, contest a shot, set a screen, etc. Punching a lad in the willy? Seeya.

Also, for anyone who didn’t see the game, Brooks getting ejected had very little to do with the Lakers winning or LeBron scoring what he scored. The work to win the game was mostly done with Brooks on the court.

Jaysis talk about going out of your way to talk around it. It wasn't a punch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

I agree with you about Memphis they seem to do alot of trash talking even in the series with the Warriors but don't back it up...it's like the Detroit Pistons bad boy era lite

I didn't see the punch but Brooks was going to be a marked man after his previous antics and the Lakers were gunning for him after his comments about LeBron

Advertisement