Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I have no idea why they would bother to photoshop Louis in, but it is a very poor photoshop job who ever did it.

Kate was the photographer, so it was not an official photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Right... Why makes you think he's photoshopped in? Never said it was an official photo either..

There are two big give-aways. First one is the way the light is reflected on the right side of Louis's head and everyone else the light is coming from the left side. Very noticeable on the child in front of Louis beside QEII. 2nd giveaway is that there is a flower to the right of Louis you can see some of the colour of the flowers on Louis's top - happens when blending using photoshop. There would not be any colour from the flower on Louis's top if he had been in the photo. This has all been discussed on twitter and as a professional user of photoshop myself, I agree. I'd never make the mistakes that the person who photoshopped these pictures made!

There is another photo floating around of QEII & Prince Philip in front of Windsor Castle which is also a photoshop job. Philip is all out of proportion and you can see where the Queen herself distorts the Windsor Castle building.

Total amateurs!

It was a family photo taken so there is no reason why anyone would expect it to be published unless Kate said that she intended to publish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭minimary

Team Sussex have released a statement via Omid Scobie

I mean its a bit much to claim you're not dwelling on what happened 4 years ago when you released a documentary in December dwelling on your entire time in the royal family. Also the interviews, documentary and the book gave the tabloids more fodder than they could ever have hoped for, its a bit much to claim its the tabloids who are creating all of this, also the Telegraph isn't a tabloid

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1649870591552266255?cxt=HHwWnoCx7fijwuUtAAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

So Charles leaked the letter? A letter from two years ago? A letter which talks about racism? With days to go to before his own Coronation? Nice timing Chuck. Lol.

And he did it with the one newspaper which Harry says is not a tabloid but now there is now a statement from Team Sussex asking for tabloids to stop such carry on.

I think someone has been trying to re-ignite the race row, got sussed and now we're seeing the gaslighting happening, lawyers involved etc.

• Advertisement

I think the Telegraph is probably the only British newspaper that isn't going into the courts to battle with H&M! I see Valentine Low is retracting his charge that it was a leak by the Sussexes as he has received some letters from their lawyers. He also claims that he got them from Buckingham Palace. Whatever happened to ''Never explain, never complain''?😉

https://twitter.com/valentinelow/status/1649867179448320000?s=20

When it comes to legal matters I would imagine "explain" then and only then needs to be done i.e. private correspondence being made public, Low or any journalist going to print suggesting a leak came from the Palace will have consequences etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

So what IS the reason for the Dutchess not attending the Coronation? I’m very happy not to believe anything written in any UK tabloid- but somewhere between the cryptic press releases of H&M that frankly say absolutely nothing but usually take over 3-400 words to do so and the stories of the tabloids, there’s the truth.

Considering she hasn’t been seen much publicly lately I do wonder about her mental health. If she did what Harry intends to do which is fly in that morning, attend the service then fly back to LA that afternoon, she wouldn’t have to interact with the public -seems a pity to miss such a big occasion

Meghan says it's 'frankly ridiculous' that she's missing the coronation because of a letter she sent Charles over royal racism and 'unconscious bias' - after reports said she was unhappy with King Charles' response

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12003541/Meghan-says-ridiculous-shes-missing-coronation-letter-sent-Charles.html

I think she simply wasn't invited but I think she will keep that quiet as it doesn't look good for her image.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

That’s simply not true as it’s been reported in many outlets that she was invited unless you can provide some evidence that she wasn’t?

The lengths some other posters on here will go to to pin something on Meghan and Harry is a bit disturbing. Clearly projection and personal bias are playing a major part. They’re not angels are quite daft in themselves in my opinion but they’re not evil psychos.

It makes sense to me that the palace and press are leaking and making up Meghan and Harry stories now for clicks, press and publicity. Particularly the media. No one cares about the coronation besides and it’s not generating much public interest. The only way to keep it in the news at present is from the Meghan and Harry circus. This is a bad reflection on the Royals themselves, an institution should not be relying on such tactics to survive or stay relevant. It’s a short term solution that will eventually wear thin. I suspect William and team are behind a lot of the leaking - he seems completely consumed with anger and distain towards Meghan and Harry about their behaviour, interviews and books. It also allows him to remain the ‘sensible’ safe pair of hands brother and heir to the throne. Himself and Kate also don’t seem that happy, more like business partners.

• Advertisement

For someone who doesn't believe what the tabloids write, you really should not be quoting them unless to state that what they say is made up nonsense (which is what that article is).

Why would she go to an event where she isn't wanted by either the British Royal Family and the British people. The only people who want her there are the tabloids and she isn't going to put herself out to facilitate them.

Harry is doing his duty to his father by attending the ceremony and then getting the hell out of dodge. Why would anyone want your every step, glance, muscle move recorded, published and publicly discussed for the next ion (and worth milions to the tabloids who they detest)?

Nope. If she wasn't invited, Harry would not be going. Even the Royals would understand that at this stage.

Why wouldn't Harry go if she wasn't invited? Not joined at the hip.

I think she was invited. Of course she would be. Last week, after months of will-they-won't-they speculation when it was made known she wouldn't be going then it was all that she was being an empowered mother for Archies sake as it coincided with his birthday. Fair enough. Yet now it is that an unsatisfactory reply about unconscious bias was received from Chuck. This kind of spoon feeding drivel winds the people you are concerned about up so much. It is car crash stuff. There is a grey area because they rarely state much of anything matter of factly. Ironically it is this grey area which leaves room for media/social media speculation and the consequent coverage they always complain about. Someone cynical might think it is all deliberate and this common sense approach is avoided as this grey area can't be monetised.

They are private citizens now. They are free. They are no longer beholden to the strictures of it all. Open up a Twitter account. Restart The Tig. Give it straight from the horses mouth and cut out the flying monkey/third party/proxy bullshit communication. I would hazard that all this click bait and speculation frenzy would dilute over time. Nature abhors a vacuum but maybe this toxic and childish media spinning is the only thing capable of retaining waning interests. As it is then what we are seeing, and will continue to see, is spin from Team Sussex and spin from the general media. What should actually be disturbing is that grown ass adults feel part of a Team. It is cultish.

For a good insight into this mindset you should follow Myra on Twitter. Tin foil hat types think this is actually Meghan posting incognito given the original content (e.g. unseen pictures etc.) but there is benefit of the doubt and assuming it isn't Meghan herself then it is someone so clearly devoted to them that it is unhinged. Spoiler: Harry and Meghan are awesome. The Royals are evil bastards and you can only post if you agree with the sentiments posted. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

I think you are very wrong, at least where this statement is concerned

No one cares about the coronation besides and it’s not generating much public interest

At a very local level, I'm in a small village in England and there's three days of festivities centred in the Village Hall and Village Green, a street party on the Saturday which necessitates the closure of some of the village roads, all the local primary school children will get a commemoration mug and so on. The Platinum Jubilee celebrations were excellent and the organisers are going to try to beat that success. The following weekend is the annual Village May Queen event. It's all go!

The Royal Family doesn't want her there but they (presumably) invited her. How does that work? I doubt she or a Scobie type acting as a proxy messenger could contain themselves about a snub like that. It would provide fuel for the racism angle. I also doubt Harry would acquiesce if his wife was snubbed. He'd be perfectly right to tell them to go and do one.

Maybe more apposite is that Meghan came to the Jubilee celebrations and the Queen’s funeral after the Oprah interview, but suddenly she can’t come to the Coronation because of r̶a̶c̶i̶s̶m̶ , oops I mean "unconscious bias".

Because it is completely insulting to him that they would not include his wife.

But he's still attending... I really don't think she was invited as I believe she would have gone. After all, she went to the funeral and the Julibee. What has changed since?

• Advertisement

The Royal family (Charles really) don't want her there because all the media attention will be on her and all the coverage in the tabloids will be about her, detracting from Charles' coronation.

The rest of the royal family/hangers on don't want her there because if they are anyway cordial to her, they will get hammered in the tabloids. So, by not being there, its a relief and from Charles' point of view, its good that he has his son Harry there for his big day without the hassle of Harry's wife.

Charles and William would have had input into family decisions long before she passed away.

H&M need to be connected to the Royal Family (regardless of who's at the head of it) so they can try to leverage off that relationship in order to make money. Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet's titles were "claimed" by H&M since the Queen died. Yes, those titles, which they weren't going to take up originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭Deeec

I think you could be right there. The queen I think possibly was trying to calm the waters between the RF and Harry and meg. Now she is gone megs has no friends left in the RF.

Anyway I think it's better for everyone if she doesn't go. It would only give her more fodder for another book or documentary and noone needs that.

I know. But Harry & Meghan got on well and respected her. Out of respect Meghan would turn up for her.

Bigger fish to fry at the moment to need any connection to the RF (which by the way, they will always have). They are part of the Royal Family, with or without various titles.

Only three newspapers in the UK that Harry is not sueing - Telegraph, Financial Times and the Guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

She can’t attend, the South Park placards would damage her brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

The Queen who refused their half in half out grift? Who stopped their Sussexroyal brand? Who they refused to visit in her last months? Who said ‘thank goodness Meghan isn’t coming’. The Queen whose speech they edited in their Netflix shitshow to make her sound more racist re Empire 2.0?

The special relationship is part of the Overseas PR, nothing more.

• Advertisement

Remember when Meghan reportedly said she would break up with Harry if a statement was not issued about racist press treatment. He did as he was told. Now the same is expected from the Palace in requesting that a similar statement be made about the racist remark. Meghan wants an acknowledgement of there being unconscious bias and better yet wants the public apology they've long been talking about. Harry teed it all up with Tom Bradby saying they never said racism but that it was unconscious bias. It was the evil press who drove a wedge between them by saying they accused them of racism. He had it himself, Meghan saved/educated him and he wants to help his family. The heroes and the victims at the same time. So with the invite gone out another request for this statement/apology was made conditional for her attending. The Palace gave a firm nope/take it or leave it/GTFO. Meghan blinked and retaliated. A statement made about nonattendance. The Palace acknowledged that news quickly (lol).

Now in desperation there was the likley leak of the letter exchange done via the Telegrah to limit the damage and give her target audience in the US all the background about why she is not attending. An article now in its 8th iteration. Couple that with a proxy statemement from Team Sussex. Effectively, I hold no grudges but I got no satisfactory response about what Harry and I know was unconscious bias and, taking this into account, I won't be attending. It is done to aggrandise on being principled but also stick the boot in i.e. they will never change, I tried to help them, they were mean and cold to us, waagh etc. What makes them so laughable is the remark about her living in the present while covertly dredging up material from years before. All this song and dance knowing if they did go it would simply be a copy and paste deal of the Jubilee (show up, get glared at, Major Johnny keeping an eye, second row if they're lucky, mini van to Heathrow, bye bye). They can't monetise that so they've kept on brand as "Victims" instead. Just my take on the shenanigans.

Advertisement