Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk Thread (Love you Furlong time)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The team last year bore no comparison to the team today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

If Leinster didn't have the injuries that they have now, this fixture would have been a lot closer. It's hard enough to win in the altitude with proven players nevermind a basically academy team. This team was raw and inexperienced. I've mentioned the 1st years and the debutante. With less injuries, that side today could have included: Frawley, McKee, Ngati, HB and Joe McCarthy. That's a different prospect for the Bulls. I don't know how many players had single figure appearances but, there were a few. It's tough to gauge what would have happened if we'd had a bit more experience. I think a lbp could have been attained.

It's a massive show of faith for management to chuck the nippers into the deep end. I am pissed off about the result. The lads were taught a lesson and taken to the cleaners. Nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RidleyJones

The SA fans getting all shirty online now over the Bulls win. Trying to claim that it doesn't matter which Leinster team was out playing.

To be honest I couldn't care less. If they want to make a big deal out of a win at the end of the season when Leinster had already qualified let them off.

Leinster just need to concentrate on Europe and winning the URC, bringing it home after its little vacation away

That’s why I was really hoping Connacht and Sharks had won yesterday. So we would have got the Bulls in the quarter. I really hope they make it to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

SH fans, especially SA fans, are addicted to hopium so that's not a surprise. Not even an ounce of objectivity about their opinions, will still be taking about this win next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭typhoony

2 big positives are that Milne is first team standard and should be pushing for a place in the World Cup squad, and second is that Cosgrave is potentially able to play comfortablyat higher level also as an option to Keenan. A few negatives also but it was always going to be a tough trip

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Not seen much from them over the season to suggest they are way better than 8th, but it hardly matters. They will be heavy underdogs travelling up to Dublin.

The only team I would have been remotely worried about in the QF is Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RidleyJones

Has really stepped up this season and means the retirement of Healy is not as daunting

I would disagree on Cosgrove. As good as he is going forward and with his boot. He is awful in defence. I would not be at all comfortable with him starting any meaningful game.

Milne has definitely come on leaps and bounds with regular minutes. Will definitely be a good replacement for Healy. I think Ed Byrne has plateaued at this point.

Getting the Sharks is not ideal. I don't know, they can really get up for some games and I think they're better than their league standing.

The last match at the rds was a classic though. Absolute better of a match.

Bokkes are proud of their rugby teams. They are the world champions and the fans expect results. Not surprising that there's an over reaction to the result.

Cosgrave has a learning curve though. He's got plenty of time to improve. He's probably in a similar situation as J.O.B was at this age.

Is it possible that SOB was solely in charge all week, with free reign? It was such a bad performance and we couldn't get a foot hold. I wonder if Leo gave him the show for a test of his abilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭durthacht

I think there is nothing any coach cold have done as they were so outclassed and dominated up front and as the backline was fractured by injuries during the game with players playing out of position.

I think there is very little to learn about the coaches, players, or systems so I think it's just a case of supporting the players and moving on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Bad and all as Leinster were, that was a classy performance all over the pitch from the Bulls. They can rightly be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bluedex

I think the SA fans who post online are all 12 year olds or less. They certainly couldn't be fully rational adults anyway.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bluedex

They're a very good side and played well yesterday, no doubt. I'm not sure about bring rightly proud of that particular win though, the were aided greatly by playing an extremely callow and inexperienced team, who made a lot of poor errors, plus a very one eyed refereeing performance which probably added about 20 points to the scoreline.

But yes, a really good side who will be a danger to anyone in the playoffs.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What do you think I'm not grasping?

Unless you are inside the brain of Andrew Conway you have no idea what options he had on the table when the time came to renew or why he chose to stay.

He might have had zero other offers on the table and wouldn't have moved anyway as he had fallen in love with having a choir sing a painful attempt at opera before his home matches and couldn't find another team that would provide that.

As I said before, it doesn't matter why he stayed as his personal feelings don't come into it when others are looking at the facts and when you take that view it is very hard to point to his career and say if he stayed at Leinster he wouldn't have likely, at minimum, won more trophies and probably have more caps.

I really don't like slagging refs, but this lad was poor. Not the worst, but he's really not a good ref.

What is RK'S status? Baird?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I don't need to be inside a guys head to know that if he re-signed 3 times he probably liked the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

When will the tickets come out for the quarters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

How has the Conway discussion devolved into whether he likes Munster or not?

The original point stands — if you have a back three player thinking of leaving Leinster for Munster, it wouldn’t be very convincing to point to Conway as a true success story for the same move.

He has been successful in Munster terms, scored some tries and played for Ireland a bit, but the reality is everything he has won, he won playing for Leinster, and he has been limited to 30 Ireland caps in 10 years and is probably done at international level now.

Do you honestly think that just because he signed a couple of new contracts with Munster, he’s delighted with the fact that he gets to see Leinster be more successful by virtually every tangible measure in every single season since he left?

What options would he realistically have had? There was likely no path back to Leinster for him. Go to Connacht and Ulster to also win nothing? Go abroad to remove the option of playing for Ireland?

You wouldn’t convince anyone to join Munster based on Conway’s story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Played for Ireland "a bit":

Conway picked up where he left off for Ireland in their opening fixture of the 2022 Six Nations Championship at home to Wales on 5 February, scoring two tries in their 29–7 win,[77] before also starting in their 30–24 defeat away to France on 12 February,[78] and their 32–15 away win against England on 12 March.[79] A knee injury ruled Conway out of Ireland's final game of the tournament against Scotland;[80] Ireland went on to win the game 26–5, winning the Triple Crown by doing so.[81] That knee injury later required surgery, which ruled Conway out of the 2022 Ireland rugby union tour of New Zealand.[82]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Not sure what your point is there? 30 caps in 10 years playing for Munster, 13 years as a pro. Larmour has the same in half the time playing for Leinster. Would you consider Lamour having a great Ireland career?

Advertisement