Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L drivers everywhere

• 14-02-2023 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Whats the story with all of the food delivery bikers?

Everyone of them is a learner with L-plates.

Is this legal or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I don't think it's illegal. They need the correct level of policy to cover business use, but it's unlikely they all have it. Remember that many of the delivery drivers have licenses from other places that aren't transferable to Ireland, so they need to start again. Also they bring me food sometimes, which is a great social benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What's the story with all the deja vu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Post edited by blade1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 36 abmoto

I am an L driver with a box on my bike. But I do not deliver food. So, maybe you're seeing L drivers and not all of them may be food delivery people.

On the flip side...

Many of the food delivery people who deliver to me are from Brazil, (at least going by their names). It's just that Brazilians need to restart the licensing process from scratch, irrespective of their experience. And a few other countries like India etc. So plenty of experienced riders are stuck in an unfortunate situation waiting for tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,244 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Sorry to hijack the thread but is there any decent learner theory test apps for bike drivers?

I have one for the car theory test but need one for bikes as the car test is not relevant to me.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

10 month wait for a test doesn't help

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I got mine in about 6 weeks...

• if it’s the rsa app you can change it to be for bike or car depending on what you are studying for!

Ms

That's OK. I have both done and passed now. Just need to get all the lessons done and get back on the road :) so I do not have to be relying on stupid uncomfortable buses.

Am half way there. Have done some IBT already. Just need some more before getting out on the road on a bike :)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

• Best of luck with it! I was the same sick of buses & cabs 😎

Advertisement