Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2023 ( Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

I think you need to put away your soccer rule book. There is no such protection for a goalie in GAA. Once the ball is there to be won you're entitled to go for it. The ball was even over the bar before contact was made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,944 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I can't comment on the red or the possible red I have heard about because I couldn't see well enough from the terrace but I definitely thought the ref was trying to make a game of it when Waterford were well behind.

Also have no clue why Hayes got that yellow for being fouled constantly.

Some mad stuff in the current game. Has anyone ever seen a fella score form a sideline before.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Soccer book??? You're the 1 that's calling everything out. I think you find that you can't charge any the keeper like that. Anyways good workout for that Limerick team today. Hard to see them playing that poor again

Soccer book??? You're the 1 that's calling everything out. I think you find that you can't charge any the keeper like that. Anyways good workout for that Limerick team today. Hard to see them playing that poor again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

I called out blatant cardable fouls. The quaid incident wasn't even a foul. I dont care which side committed them. I have no dog in the fight and couldn't care less who won it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Clare v Tipp sounds a good game. I've had to resort to listening to it on Clare FM with the Galway v Rossirs game on the tv. Those two late first half goals have put a nice dent in Tipp's lead. All to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Most deluded post ive seen in a long time, ye were lucky to end up only 1 red card.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Dodgy defending and so many wides from Clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Fifth goal for Tipp... That should seal the win for them

What's the story with the Hegarty red. What did he do ?

Some over and back in the scores in the Tipp Clare game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Big win for Tipp in Ennis. That sets them up nicely for upcoming games. As for Clare i can't see them getting anything afainst Limerick next game and i don't see them getting out of the group either. That will be a big blow to them. Tipp march on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

The first yellow card was for mouthing off at the ref. The second one for a late hit when the player was already out over the sideline. All totally unnecessary stuff.

Looked like Maguire and de Gea took their place in the Clare team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Exciting stuff in ennis, both defences looked poor, clare goalkeeper had an nightmare debut and looked nervous. Tipp clinical in front of goal. Clare wasteful, missed lots of chances, Aidan McCarthy outstanding Tony Kelly never got going.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ya it's the second one I couldn't see. It was just a big ball of bodies from where I was.

Big game now next week for Clare but also Limerick as I want 4 points before we go down to Thurles again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

He got 2 yellows so might not be suspended, Flanagan was lucky not to get a straight red for a shoulder to the head, Waterford backroom member made a fool of himself in the Hegarty incident for the 2nd yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

It was a second yellow for a high/dangerous tackle. He was livid and got his first yellow in the first half because the ref called back play to book Dessie for a late chop on Finn coming out with the ball. Had the whole pitch in front of him if play wasn't called back, so understandable why he was unhappy there. Finn made nothing of the chop and also looked for advantage. He can have no complaints with his second yellow. Hegarty was then struck/punched by a Waterford official who also received a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Hegartys second was nearly a red on its own.

Limerick seem to have a serious love for smacking lads in the head, Flanagan was particularly malicious and dangerous on Bennett.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Second yellow looked like a late shoulder and potentially head contact but not sure on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Thought the first one was for a high hit, marginally high, which he did complain to the ref about,

In that case mouthing off is not an auful reason to get a yellow so maybe justified

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rebs23

There is going to be a serious injury in a high profile hurling match soon. Ridiculous head high challenges, hurleys across head, clothes liners. Game is out of control. No rules being applied. Throwing the ball is more common than hand pass, two hand tackles are the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

^ totally agree on the handpasses

and that for player safety the Flanagan incident should be a red card

he didn’t even get a yellow so maybe ref just missed it (and all the officials of course)

Flanagan should have seen red but obviously ref didn't see it. Too many players are now ducking into tackles. Over carrying today was awful to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Seadin

Good effort by Waterford in fairness. They could have won today. In fairness Davy had them well prepared. If you are going to catch Limerick on a given day you need to do it early in championship. They will be hard to beat the longer it goes on.

Whatever about players being dirty the Waterford doctor jumping in to throw a dig and slink away is not on at all. The man needs a nice ban for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The doctor got a yellow, not sure for what. The fella who threw the punch seemed to be a Waterford official who sneaked from the dugout, struck Hegarty and sneaked back in. In fairness to the other Waterford officials and Davy, they all seemed to be making an effort to stop any escalation and get the game flowing again. It was just one sneak involved.

As somebody has stated elsewhere, imagine if an official struck Lee Chin. It would be front page news for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Well done Tipp today. Clare people were very confident today before the game with their fortress Ennis and for the second time in 4 years Tipp have come and won relatively easily. The difference between Tipp 22 and 23 versions was startling. Last year was a shambles.

Different media outlets have it as different things. Some say backroom, mentor or doctor so sorry if I was wrong on doctor but it's still a disgrace.

Cant understand why when a man up and only a few points down Waterford were bombing it into a packed fullback line which negated the extra man.

Messy 50/50s and rucks was just what Limerick needed and Waterford made it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The waterford offical who got red should have a hefty ban imposed whoever he is. If it happened outside the stadium he could be arrested and charged.

Waterford should take the lead and kick him to touch for at least the rest of the season, no further involvement with county teams for 12 months at the very least. If they dont take that step then Croke park should ban him for 2 years.

The GAA goes on continually about respect, kids are always told to respect players, officals, coaches and refs, parents and spectators are told to respect everyone and this is a perfect example of where they should (but probably wont) impose a sanction that is fitting of the cheap, sneaky dig that he threw.

Fair play to the officials for identifying and punishing him, and he laughing and smiling after the red was shown. That kind of cretin should be nowhere near the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Lee chin has been hit plenty and its never in the news.

What your doing is just belittling and minimising the racist abuse that was directed at him recently which was widely reported on because its got no place in the games

Advertisement