Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Oladipo out for the season...had horrible luck with injuries now a torn patellar tendon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

The Cavs coach is áss. Rubio deserves way more time, Osman is terrible, Danny Green is a corpse and Mitchell was shocking tonight. Garland is fantastic though, everything should have gone through him all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not taking that Pacer’s extension is a massive sliding doors moment in his life

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Good start to warriors kings game

This game is incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That was a silly play by Sabonis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Am I the only one who really dislikes Doris Burke as a commentator.She appears to be universally loved but I dread her (although I dread most commentators) as she just talks as if she's dispensing great wisdom when she's just pointing out the blatantly obvious and she never shuts up either during the games.

I don’t love her, but she’s pretty far down the list in terms of commentators I don’t like. I’d agree with your stating the obvious comment to a degree, but many of them are like that. The worst for me - and it’s not even close - is Mark “momma, there goes that man” Jackson.

Stan Van Gundy is excellent, but for some reason is almost always paired with Jackson, which bugs the sh*t out of me.

Well Steph gets away with calling a TO when they didn’t have one. Sacramento should have won that, they didn’t and I’d expect they’ll lose the series now

• Advertisement

Great game from an excitement perspective but some pretty dumb plays on both sides throughout the game there down the stretch.

Sacramento with the ball with 10.5 left for the win.

Terrible execution, but it’s now 2-2. Real list opportunity for the Kings there.

Be careful here Steph, don’t touch Malika or you’ll be metoo-ed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Dodged a bullet there, big mistake by Steph with the time out but I think he can get a break. No hot take on what will happen in next game, Sacramento still have the advantage and we haven’t been able to stop Fox yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hawks put it up to us tonight. Glad that's over and the Celtics have a 3-1 lead.

Not sure if people have watched a lot of Fox with Sacramento but he is sooo god damn good, joy to watch.

Just seen he fractured his finger but is going to try and play Game 5...so many injuries already in the playoffs!!

Bucks need to win tonight I think they will but it won't be easy as Giannis wont be 100%

I expect Memphis to put up a fight tonight but it won't be enough without a big man to trouble AD consistently and the Lakers will win and be on the verge of making the conference semis

Playoff Jimmy!!!!!

This is really happening for Miami. Laker’s series to lose from here too.

LeBron very clutch tonight, big baskets at big times

Yea, saw that and I hate to admit it but was relieved, can’t stop that guy, he is clutch but Iam sure he will play and even though he is injured, he could still turn it on.

Heat game was crazy, it’s very impressive how they can beat this Bucks team like that, obviously there are injuries but they are on both sides, it might come down to the coaching, great win for the Heat. Butler is just one of those big time players

Memphis kind of left that one behind but fair play to the Lakers and LeBron came up big time, what a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I missed a good night of basket ball it seems !!

• Advertisement

Really only grasping the gravity of LeBron’s performance after watching the full game. Stats wise, yeah - oldest man to ever get a 20 / 20 (Wilt Chamberlein in 1973 was 36) and his first 20 / 20 ever, in his 20th year at age 38. I mean **** off LeBron, are you not bored yet?

But the performance as a whole was just incredible. His last three buckets were all hard drives to the cup when he’d been on the floor 40+ minutes. To force overtime, to establish a lead in overtime, to ice the game. And Memphis have been wary of this all series, earlier in the game they were deliberately closing on LeBron, denying the lane and getting bodies infront. And he still gets his when it matters most, right hand / left hand it doesn’t matter.

He was excellent in help defense throughout the game too (and taking that charge from Ja, woof). If he can get a streak going with that 3 point jumper then it’s gonna get very interesting in May…

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ja is as wreckless on the court as he is off it, in the worst way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

That charge was mental. Ja was so high up and took a real hard tumble off it.

Ja was lucky he landed on LeBron tbh, likely would have been hurt otherwise. He’s an incredible athlete.

Two close out games tonight...Suns and Denver should have enough to finish the jobs in their own buildings.

Looking forward to the likely Denver/Suns series!!

jeez the levels of hyperbole on this thread sometimes. 🤣🙄 “if he can get a streak going with that 3 point jumper” was the best line though, nearly fell off the couch laughing at that one! Every team would gladly let him shoot the 3 all day. Take 20 of them if you like LeBron. He’s not even an average 3 point shooter ffs.

He had a great game, sure. But stop the exaggerating ffs. The Butler performance was significantly better, against a better team, and against far better players. But you didn’t write passages about that did you?

Memphis have been very disappointing but to be fair they’re playing without a physical big having lost the best offensive rebounder in the League Adams and Clarke, and their best player is playing with an injured shooting hand. Two of the three Laker wins have been very tight. With Adams that’s not happening.

in the Play In game they got to play a weakened Timberwolves through a combination of self-imposed suspensions and injuries and barely beat them FFS.

Lakers can definitely win it all now if they continue to play teams missing players. Hopefully Steph and Draymond or Fox and Sabonis get injured before the next series and they’ll definitely win!!!! Then if Phoenix weee to lose Booker and KD or Denver lose Jokic and Murray and it’s Finals baby!!! If they can they play Boston without Tatum and Brown it will be amazing!!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Enjoy it while you can because they’re not going any further than the next round.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

I'm expecting the Celtics to close it out in style tonight. I think both Tatum and Brown will have big nights tonight and Brogdan off the bench too.

The biggest reason I'm watching is to see Robert Williams. He's just so good defensively, a joy to behold.

We were up by 13 in the fourth quarter and then Trae Young took off. Unbelievable, he drained a 30 footer with 1.6 seconds left to put the Hawks up by two and they won it.

If they put a decent team around him they could win it all.

I can't believe the Celtics let it happen though.

Young had I think 16 points in the fourth.

• Advertisement

The end of the Celtics / Hawks game was hilarious. Bogdanovic had a good defensive set on Williams when they were down 10 with a few minutes left, forced a bad shot and Williams lost his footing and inadvertently fouled him. This disrupted the Celtics rhythm somehow and their next few possessions were AWFUL - bad turnover from Tatum, Williams missing at the rim, etc.

Meanwhile the Hawks didn’t run anything from four minutes out, it was just Trae Young step back three attempts from deeeep. Insane. He just got so hot at the end.

Boston are the vastly superior team and that was on display for most of last night. They’ll ice it on Friday imo.

Advertisement