Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 xanike7

what else did the preview show, if it wouldn't be to much trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Because he can , because he is rotten to his core , because he wants to ,because he is a pedophile ,because he has that power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I would say its most likely because he is sexually attracted to young adolescent females?

I wouldn't think he gives a **** how he gets his hands on one. Very common for child sexual abuse to occur at home with the perpetrator being a trusted relative.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

They showed it right after the credits, it's not on YouTube or rteplayer yet but it'll be shown in evert rte ad break this week 🤣

Amanda's driver (who Bren battered) calling Amanda warning her that Bren is hiring muscle and to watch her back

Michael finally loses his temper with his daughter and yells at her to stay away from Bren because "he's dangerous"

Birdie and Amanda trying to calm Michael down as he grabs a gun from his house and storms out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm getting the impression viking has some "buyers remorse" backing bren over Amanda.

He didn't like killing Kem, looked like he was going to puke when Bren rang Jess and Nikita in prison.

Then he nearly gets shot...not been a great week for him at all 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

^^Glen was after him, realistically he was in no danger whatsoever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My Sky Q bumped off everything I had linked to record on RTE today. No idea why.

But the series is teeing up nicely for deaths now, yes.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think Bren is certainly dead; Michael, Birdie, Viking, Amanda and even Jimmy all have reason to want him dead now (if Bren does indeed ask Viking to off Nikita). Frank will help any of them do it.

I think Jessica will clam up now that she thinks Bren can get to her baby and if Viking does have a go at silencing Nikita and misses, Nikita will probably become the Guards new canary to save her own hide.

And I think our friendly neighbourhood Pharmacist is going to get hurt or killed in some sort of misadventure too, but then if you lie down with dogs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 xanike7

cheers. Also, do they actually upload the previews on the player? Never knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Could be ....but Frank was shown with a gun at hand, was he contemplating suicide? clearly on the edge (of something)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭redn90

He was most certainly contemplating suicide. But I do think he or Birdy will kill Bren.

• Advertisement

Not sure, I try to avoid player where possible! But they do upload them to the rte twitter page. It'll be there soon (if it's not already). It's only about 15 seconds long

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

So Bren is a big nonce

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It's going to end up like a game of Cluedo or the "Who shot Mr. Burns" Simpsons storyline given the number of characters and motives!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

With only 2 episodes remaining in this season, I don't expect too much will be tidied up before it finishes.

Remember, season 3 is already in the can with a 4th season announced, there's a lot of mileage left in this show yet. That said, they are moving at pace compared to season 1.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Looks like they will draw out Amanda's money laundering trial to season 3, also 2 episodes seems too short a timescale (in my view) to wrap up issues with the Turks as well as Bren and the Gardai, otherwise it will seem rushed and messy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭chicorytip

That dope smoking scene was unconvincing, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I hope Francis Magee has had a shave since the filming or he'll have some nutter having a pop at him in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭apache

I don't know why I did it but I read an article and this thread and I haven't seen the latest episode yet. I spoiled it for myself.

Bren makes my skin crawl. Probably just as well I got the heads up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Bren is a nasty piece of work but a great character in this type of series ... he is a bully and a pervert and has little to no redeeming features ...

• Advertisement

Enjoying this ... Bren is defo the most evil character ... a bully and a pervert ... perfect for the baddie here ... yes all the Kinsella family are dodgy but all others have many redeeming features but Bren does not ... this will lead to family feud as all the rest pick either Bren's hardline macho style or Amanda's more moderate approach ... no doubt Amanda is more intelligent and pragmatic but Bren is the thug and settles things with violence asks questions later ...

Aiden Gillan's Frank is not the type of character I was expecting but will be a vital cog in the wheel I expect ... he is differen to Love/Hate's John Boy in many ways but maybe not ... John Boy was obsessed with the ghost of his brother while Frank is obsessed with religion ... I have a feeling Frank could end up the most dangerous for Bren in the end ...

Jimmy, Michael and Viking will now have to choose which side they are on ... without giving out spoilers ... it is obvious where some of their allegiances are ...

With 2 more episodes .... there are bound to be a few more twists and turns ... the Turkish cartel will veer towards Amanda and will be sympathetic to her side in the internal family feud ... but there are also those non-Kinsella Irish gangsters who want a piece of the action ... there will be some sort of a showdown with them too but that may be season 3 ... I hope they keep Bren in it past season 2 ... maybe have him getting shot but surviving a la Darren in Love/Hate season 1 ...

Enjoy both Kin and Love/Hate ... yes it was the Continuity IRA in Love/Hate ... it will be interesting where the themes go ... for Love/Hate they were:

S1 ... Darren v John Boy/Hughie.

S2 ... continuity of S1's theme allowing the rise of Nidge.

S3 ... Nidge v the RA.

S4 ... Nidge v the Gardai.

S5 ... Free for all.

Kin's themes so far are also very clear .... they are:

S1 ... Kinsellas v Eamonn Cunningham.

S2 ... Kinsella internal feud/rivalry.

As with early Love/Hate there are some Gardai but nothing major ... there are no IRA. Kin has the Turkish cartel an international dimension not in Love/Hate.

Though both series are not related/not conceived as a continuity one can say in their own mind that what happens in Kin is the fictional Dublin gangland scene after the demise of Nidge ... of course there is no crossover character from both because they are completely separate shows ... but one could argue that there would be none of Nidge's gang left as of whenever Kin is meant to be set (Nidge is most certainly dead ... Fran would get long prison sentences for all his antics incl his escape ... Elmo the same ... Aido was talking of reforming and prob would when not inspired by his pals who are now dead/in prison .... although there are minor Kin characters called Delaney they are not related to Nidge from what I know) ... Kin's setting year is not defined but I'd say either 2022 and 2023 or else 2019 ... because of lack of reference in any regard to Covid ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

Doesn't happen on any other channel I record.

According to sky tv forums each channel provides its own series link info to sky.

CPL 593H

Prediction: Francis Magee will clean up at the IFTAs this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

we need a poll added here to vote on who we think will kill Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Again it was enjoyable enough nonsense with the usual caveats of crap acting and strange plots. Anna can add unable to dance to being unable to act. That scene was way off, not just uncomfortable, which it obviously was, just really far fetched.

The chances of finding a sim card in a skip are about as likely as finding a chipper in the mountains.....

The ginger assassin and his family are laughingly bad.

That all said, I still look forward to watching it on Sundays.

Why did them lads put a tracker on vikings car when they just went to his house anyway?

It’s a pity Bren is a nonce as he’s a really good criminal, I don’t know why they brought that element to the character, step too far for me

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Don't think it was mentioned yet (Sorry if it was) - but surely Kinsella's possession & use of Kem's simcard to just call his girlfriend is enough to convict them all (cell triangulation/call records etc.)? Seems like a silly move to make a phone call and a massive plot hole that is unlikely to be filled. Up there with the chipper in the mountains anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

i couldn't believe they made the call from the pub. makes no sense

Advertisement