Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil service land registry offices Dublin

Options
  • 22-04-2023 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi! Just wondering has anyone worked here and what is it like for workload/time off ect? I know there are different sections but any feedback would be so helpful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

They've merged with the national mapping agency and valuation office now into an entity called Tailte-Eireann ttps://www.tailte.ie. They will be moving to a new office in Smithfield shortly as well.

Workload would be average enough, you wouldn't be too stressed and hours would be around 35 per week. Not sure how WFH is there but I believe it's 4 in and 1 out and they're not too keen offering even one day outside the office. This could change with the merger though. Just something to keep in mind unless you don't mind the commute into the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

I was told they won't be moving into it until late 2024.

I was also told that the one day is given pretty reluctantly as most of it is paper based, so very little can be done from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sun2022

Thanks so much that’s great info to have. Do you know is it family friendly for the different types of leave like shorter year, parental ect? I know it would likely vary by section but just in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Faybay

The move is to a new building in Smithfield in 2024. It's only 5 mins away from the Four Courts.

The one day a week at home is given reluctantly and mostly only after you have finished your one year probation. I don't think COs can work at home only EO upwards. It depends on your area as apart from mapping, most work is paper based so it is not straight forward to work at home. For this reason, plenty of EOs who theoretically could work a day at home, actually don't because of the hassle involved. Apart from annual leave, you really need your one year probation over before you look for any type of other leave. Parental leave is generally fine again after a year. In the past, the shorter working year with the summers off was a staple for many of the women which resulted in departments being practically empty for the summer months. So it has been cut back on loads. I'm not sure it's very common at all now. A lot of long timers there so you kind of need to put in some time before you go asking for everything.

In general, it really depends on what section you are in. Upper management not generally liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Adventurerguy

I’m due to start working in Tailte soon as a CO just wondering is it a nice place to work?

• Advertisement
Advertisement