Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

4:55 Windsor - Talap caught my eye - didn't show much in Bath on penultimate run but that's a tricky course, not suitable for all the horses, but he ran much better lto in Lingfield until hitting the traffic while full of running, chances.

and the last one 3:00 Ponte - Cumulonimbus I feel it's a strong favorite and I can't make very strong cases for the other except the obvious Sun King but the later has a nasty wide draw to jump from.

GL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Harry The Haggler looks a better proposition than David Loughnane horse - Sparks Fly has only ran as far as 7fs and only on the AW; not so sure about them 'Muharrar' progenies on the turf, me

me -gammy as fooque- racecarde has that race dahn as 4.55 :( :(

i'll go with your pick there j , as far too awkward to look me own self, today, the way the site is. could be for 'best 😁

is ur tomatoes nice nd wed an joosy missus ?? 🙂 🤗

🤣 ah stop, it's only tomatoes not melons and such 🤣

dat's a good retort j 🤣🤣 props !!

tis the warm weather and folks talkn about "asses" and such what has me giddy on hyah 😃

Prosper Legend doesn't win which good for two reasons - I didn't back him and the odds gonna be better next time he's out.

• Advertisement

too lazy to do much study today

JP's Didtheyleaveuotto seeing some support for 4,10 Ponty.. will tune in for that one.,, pretty sure that that's (2m. 5f. 139yds. trip) the longest flat race in ye British Isles

tried to tackle Wolves last night - got bogged down in the first however :( too many horses with winning, or going very close over the distance (extended mile) form, in that Apprentice race opener.. might go with two of the unlikelier ones each way for that race: the first time cheekpiece wearing HASEEF, who'll be having first run for new connections. will prolly have to be held up from box 12 tho, and the lightly raced SUPERSTAR DJ who's having his first run at Wolves, but is a winner over a mile at Southwell

both are down as 10/1 shots in probable SP for 5.55, and look as tho they can be both held up.

Well Prepared is 11/4 paper jolly, but has a poor draw in box ten, and would perhaps be more at home over the extended Wolves 9f trip. Think Non Mollare - 9/2 in paper/prov SP - goes off favourite for this one

website appears to be back working again

for 4.55 Windsor, pen landed on WATERLOO SUNSET 4/1 WIN. Far from a confident pick, but is a winner over slightly shorter on turf, albeit on better ground. not much soft ground runs to discount out of hand, and can't see any likely winners in this field

No luck in the 3 o'clock race, I should've gone with the other one, as usual 😅

yeah right - course ya would've, miss 😜

onto more lodjical musings 😁😂

5.00 Naas

9 of the ten declared are due to go to post. only 2 have had a run, including the favourite Vanity Pays ~ 4/7. was a good fto run which saw the well-backed filly go off as 11/8 fav. finished 2nd that day at Fundalk. looks obvious/likely winner, but i think is underpriced. Paper has her as 8/11 shot, so layers taking no chances here

Fran Berry reckons trainer of Time'll Tell told him last Saturday about his having a good newcomer out Monday - today; but wouldn't want much rain, so I'll discount that one of Andrew Kinsella

have decided to have a go on Dandy Man Newcomer, TRAVEL CANDY 28/1 EW here. they (Dandy Man progeny) can go well fto, and also like soft/heavy going at sprint trips

g'l

looks like yer Talap got up on line, j 😊

not sure tho

• Advertisement

Talap is a winner winner chicken dinner 🍽️ and the icing on the cake is him beating HT ATR 2pt win tip ;)

well beat Gannon Glory - wide draw deffo didn't help

enough from me for today

Sparkies won, blimey, that notebook is more often right than wrong, I knew it was stronger race for Harry this time but my observations for Sparkies were all based on AW impressions. Small profit for today to keep us going another day.

10 suggestions for tomorrow in the notebook, sure I'm gonna go with the wrong ones 😅

good on ya j@utis 😊 nice "Davey Double" missus 🙌

all told, twas a reet good shift ya put in @2day with dem 2 nice priced winners ya found 🙂 🙂 hope that other poster didna put ya off Sparks Fly - figured he had solid claims meself 😪 😋

interesting obbo on that 5,55 opener at Wolves tomorrow:

Dave & Zoe Gillett Dew You Believe Apprentice Handicap (Class 6) 4-y-o plus of £6,500.00 . 1m. 142yds.

1st - £3,402.00 2nd - £1,596.00 3rd - £798.00 4th - £399.00 5th - £199.00

just clocked this

Appleby (Mick) has a horse in the "Dew You Believe" Apprentice Handicap , what's called Dew You Believe: exact same spelling. Dew you Believe is owned by Mr D Gillett - presumably he's the Dave in the sponsoring duo of Dave & Zoe Gillett. doubt he (they) knew what draw his horse would get when deciding to cough up the prizemoney 😃

don't say yiz were nae told 😃

hard enough to fancy this two time course&distance winner however - is a horse that likes to go from, or close to, the front. is drawn in box nine, which won't make making all easy. has won one of his two CD victories from stall 10 of 13 when tracking leaders, but that was Classified Stakes affair.

not one for me own shortlist mind

😊

2,25 Epsom

Johnny & Thady G have the prohibitively priced jolly, Epictetus 4/11, for this Epsom 10fs Listed race. Bred by Kingman, what don't scream out and out stayer to me, but he's a young enough Sire, so not much info (in me noggin 🤣) re good or bad at trips north of a mile

has had a few winners - in recent times - over 10 & 12 furlongs in last three weeks, but those races mainly h'caps. the better the ground, the better chance the fav has, imo

if at same or similar price tomorrow, i'll #consider laying him for win, and also laying for the 2 places

just below him in betting are: STORMBUSTER ~11/2 from Balding yard, and Crisford's INTRICACY ~ 8/1. both of these are by Dubawi, who does well with middle-distance types, albeit are perhaps better with give in the ground.

Going at Epsom is Good to Soft (good on 5f course) .

#If it rains there, or course goes softer, and all prices are similar, i'll chance both the possible selections each way, and do the lays on the jolly also

Morning.

Wolves 7:25 Novice Event over 7f. One I was interested in became a non-runner (965), the other interesting one Pearly Star is drifting like crazy, so it's probably the best to leave it be...

That's very interesting, no bet for me in that mess though.

In 6:25 Eight Mile is in my notebook but the inexperienced jockey put me off it.

• Advertisement

Nothing in 8 o'clock 2 miler either.

I'm disappointing to see So Chic as short-ish favorite in 8:30. She met some traffic in kempton last time where she shaped like she can get a mile which is the trip today but she's not proven over it yet, also quite a few hdc newbies in this race too, so it would be e/w bet but the price isn't allowing it. I was on Equiami last time when he narrowly won in Southwell, he's going up the class today quite a bit but this is his only 3rd as start as 3 yo and he might be able to progress further. Native Beach has ran two good races this season too, winning the last one. Pearly Star (mentioned above) wasn't far behind him that day. So, overall it's a tricky one. I haven't decided yet either to get involved or not.

plenty of coin money coming for Appleby horse j - into ~ 11/2 nigh in Wol 5,55 !!

Hannon's jolly (one of two Spencer mounts) looks very short in that 7.25 Novice affair - looks about a best-priced 10/11 (from ~6/4 earlier) shot now. not seeing it myself. don't know what wins it tho. maybe PEARLY STAR 20s each way

Intricacy a non-runner

backed STORMBUSTER WIN @ 9/2 - no each way value there.. still two places, but too short in a tough race, where there seem to be three live contenders - prices notwithstanding

going is now Soft (Heavy in places) - a marked difference in the Good to soft given on yesterday,, must have bucketed down last night in Surrey venue ! 😅

anyroad, i think it leaves Gosden jolly well vulnerable (Epictetus is out to ~4/11 from 1/5) . M&CharlieJ's (well just Charlie nowadays) Galileo colt, Hadrianus, could make it a right stamina test i feel

Crisford's is a non, so just the one pick here

gl

So, finally I went with 0.5pt on Pearly Star 7:25Wolves in no fav market; risking with Equiami in 8:30 (I'll bet ya we'll see So Chic taking the prize and I'll be kicking myself as usual);

Yarmouth 2:05 11 11; (3:15 Bear on the loose is interesting but not e/w material, so no go)

Epsom 3:35 Sir Rumi - kept on well on soft ground before flopping in kempton, but we forgive him that.

No time for write-ups, I have to get to go work (hate it, I wish I could retire, I mean I could, I could be a kept woman but do I want that?).

Good luck with your picks, leff.

ta missus - nice to give us threadstarter a shoutout 😊

he's well happy ya give him a mention 😀

leff he say: besta luck with yours an all , j@u!!

ask him if he'd kick ya to t'kerb if ya quit graftin' ??

doing nothing for a (decent) living-lifestyle = no brainer to moi et leff, if we had l'optionne !!

ya could always work part-time for peanuts to keep boredom at bay 🙂

2,40 Yarmouth looks tricky affair - A Haynes & D French(sp?) Davis have two tasty looking newcomers

went with another newcomer, CLUELESS EW, here - in hope,, not great price atm - was 40s earlier, but 16s will have to do

not a lump job race that, unless ya know summat - which i don't 🙂

I can do what I please he says, but not working at all is no good either. I'm supposed to be a part timer but hours are lumped on, so I average 30-32hrs per week which is not that part time tbh...

I'm staying out of sprint affairs as much I can this year and see how it goes. Last year most of my losses were in 5-6f races.

• Advertisement

do as ya please, j@u = good advice

dinna listen to me tellin' ya to quit 🙂 no interest in working myself, but ~30hrs is practically fulltime gainful employment 😪

think i've enough picks for today - Punchestown looks tough. will try avoid

Advertisement