Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

The picture is not photoshopped. I am a professional Photoshop user as well (over 25 years experience). Sun on his head is very likely a reflection as it is on the coffee table nearby. And colour spill just proves it is real. If he was photoshopped it wouldn't be there.

Also the composition of the whole picture proves it.

In this room (the corner of the sofa is visible) there is a huge mirror as well pictures with glass, which very likely reflected the sun. There is a light pink colour spill on the right shoulder of the standing guy in Kate's pic. Is he also photoshopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Not a bad take on it at all - however you really do need to get out more 😂

Yep, I reckon a lot of the reason why she’s not going is that they didn’t get the family “showdown” they asked for nor the outpouring of contrition she expects them to make.

Like what planet is she on? Whatever the RF might do privately they’ll never do such things publicly and never ever will they bow to the demands of the likes of Meghan.

It’s obvious she’s using her position to invent a “cause” - in this case, purge the RF of all racist undertones and historical wrongs against black people - regardless of what you believe of the RF, if they’re going to do anything in relation to such topics they’ll do it there way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭Deeec

I never said the queen and Megs were friends but the queen was trying to calm disputes between the family IMO - that still doesnt mean that everyone would get on with Megs, just trying to make it workable situation.. I think the queen was the only one who could see that the situation was getting out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

If it was a reflection off other photos, table, pictures, mirrors, how come none of the others in the photo have a reflection coming from that side?

As regards the good composition. Maybe it was set up like that to put Louis in afterwards?

• Advertisement

You are aware that the reflection from the picture can be only on one person, aren't you? And as I've said there is a reflection on the coffee table nearby...

They must have moved the sofa to a different part of the room because there is a very different background/pictures/bookcase etc. It is very likely that they moved the couch to the window to get the natural light. Your photo is definately a different area of the room. As well as that, the reflection on Louis's head seems to be coming from towards the front (rather than the side, where the reflection from the wooden table (if there was such a bright reflection from a table) would have come from..

They didn't move anything. I showed you a side of the room from which reflection might have come from, so a different wall. Reflection can't come from the table, but both the table and his head might be lit by a reflection from other VERTICAL glassy objects...

Harry says that there is a deal between the Royal Family and the Press that they won't use legal action against them provided they were nice to them, but Meghan & Harry are fare game.

This is a better view showing everything.

• Advertisement

As you see the right side of his nose is in a half-shadow (even folds on his shirt give shadows from this direction), so the main source of light is on the left liting his fringe from this side as well (and reflecting in his eyes as well from this side), while spot of light on his right side is definitely from a reflection

The only reference I can find about Meghan threatening to leave Harry if a statement was not issued was an allegation by Valentine Low in his book (the same Valentine Low that had to withdrew the statement with a threat of legal action the other day that the Sussex's had leaked about the correspondence between Charles and Meghan)! Pinch of salt, me thinks.

There is a reference to Meghan threatening to leave Harry (explained by Harry) which is nothing to do with racism etc. Interesting read.

Its too late now for the palace to do anything. Some of the Royal Family are definately racist (Camilla & Kate), but most I'd say it is unconsious bias. The problem that the Royal Family has is that their staff and media are definately racist. And the Royal Family are terrified of the British tabloids. The staff I'd say found it very hard to have any dealings with American, let alone a biracial American who isn't a wilting willow.

As for the monetisaration of the connection to the RF. Bigger and better connection (if you want to look at it this way) is that Harry is Diana's son who was way more popular and loved than any of the royals put together (including the Queen).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

How bizarre that you specifically name two women as racist, without any evidence of such. If you have any, provide it!

And you don’t name the one person that we have concrete evidence of racism for - Harry ‘they made me do it’ nazi costume Wales. Not forgetting his use of a slur for Pakistanis, that everyone in the country is familiar with as a nasty word, except poor dumb Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Camilla and Kate are definitely racist? What are you basing that on exactly?

Did you not know, you only have to be the personification of middle England to get labelled racist these days- having a cup of earl grey and a scone (pronounced scon) @4pm precisely is all it takes 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

agghh, the dogs' beds in the picture. They look well worn as well.

Yes. How they have treated an African American woman who you would think should be on her side. Behaviour when travelling in some Commonwealth countries and Camilla most recently walking past a group of black people who were performing for her (whereas Charles stopped). On another occasion actually laughing out loud at some indigenious singers. They haven't even the capability to pretend that they are not racist.

Hardly racist - even the singers themselves were laughing - you’re desperately clutching at straws to make a point that doesn’t exist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

No "source" on this article i.e. photos of the kids with the Queen might be released. You know the Prince and the Princess.

Charles delighted Harry is coming sad Meghan and the kids won't be coming but "warmer relations may be on the horizon". I thought he is supposed to be delighted they aren't coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Literally using racist slurs on multiple occasions though and dressing as a Nazi is perfectly fine and not racist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Your proof that Kate and Cam are racist is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Yeah but Meaghan saved him so that's all okay.

However those two evil women don't like Meaghan so that obviously makes them racist.

The logic is strong with this one 😳

You leave Harry alone ya big bully - pick on someone in your own income threshold 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

The comments section on that article make an interesting read!

Let’s not forget that William is also Diana’s son. It’s not all about Harry, as some seem to think. I wonder what Diana would’ve made of he behaviour of her two sons? And what she might have thought about Meehan’s efforts to try to be Diana 2.0?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I wonder what Diana would’ve made of he behaviour of her two sons?

Hard to know. She would be in her early 60s. If she had lived, I think she would have ended up a trophy wife like Jackie Onassis with some foreign billionaire. Certainly Al Fayed senior would have been over the moon if she became his daughter in law for the 'in' he craved to that elite circle. She was even young enough to have had more children. She probably would have continued with her charity work - that adoration seemed to be something she needed, but the rest of the time it would be yachts and glitzy events and unimaginable wealth.

I don't think that Harry would be doing all of this now if she hadn't died. For sure, she had her issues with the people in the royal family, and indeed did her best to turn the rules to her advantage when she could, but I think her background was steeped in an affiliation to the monarchy as an institution so she probably would have understood and encouraged Harry to see that he really got the better deal - all of the wealth, but far less scrutiny and responsibility by the public.

And what she might have thought about Meehan’s efforts to try to be Diana 2.0?

I don't think they would have gotten on at all - Diana had a big ego, and was incredibly manipulative. Her saving grace is that she had also incredible charm that she utilised expertly. Meghan has the big ego and seems to be manipulative but she lacks the subtlety and strategic ability to fully wield it the way Diana did. Having said that, once Diana was out of the family she got heavily bashed in the press, so it would have been a more level playing field as her death immortalised her and glossed over her nastier side.

I think she would have wiped the floor with Meghan and likely the couple wouldn't have made it to a wedding. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

William settled with the Sun for phone hacking. I wonder how this will affect Harry's case. By settling the Sun is acknowledging their guilt, so perhaps Harry's lawyers can use this to show a pattern of behaviour.

I'm secretly dying to know how much is a very large sum.

Prince William was paid a "very large sum" by the owners of The Sun to settle historical phone-hacking claims, court documents say.

There was a "secret agreement" between Buckingham Palace and News Group Newspapers (NGN), papers shown at the High Court allege.

Prince Harry is suing the publisher over alleged unlawful information gathering at its titles.

But NGN says the prince has run out of time to bring a claim.

The case is one of three major allegations of unlawful information gathering that the Duke of Sussex has made against tabloid newspapers - the other cases concerning the Daily Mirror and Daily Mail groups.

He alleges that evidence disclosed since the criminal trials relating to phone hacking at the now-closed News of the World prove he was serially targeted by its sister title, The Sun.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65387663

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

The sussexes are a bit like an advent calendar to the coronation. Every day, you go on line to open the latest window of news

Camilla is sniggering during the singing. Positively rude. The singers laughed and smiled when they finished the performance.

He has owned the error of his way, has expressed regret and apologised. Something the rest of the Royal Family are incapable of doing.

• Advertisement

William sold out his mother (said she was paranoid) for 30 pieces of silver. Charles & William sold out the Queen (Harry had the Queen's approval (according to the court papers) to sue Murdock. He probably also had Prince Philip's approval because he hated Murdock.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/25/charles-undermined-late-queens-plan-to-sue-news-uk-murdoch-sun-prince-harry-tells-court

Advertisement