Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Don’t forget to send us a postcard @BK5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Not jealous at all, not even a teeny bit 😂. Have a great holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning all, back to the grindstone for me after a lovely week and a half off! Hope everyone had a lovely Easter! We had a lovely break, some nice days of chilling out & a nice trip to Galway last week (except for the weather).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just thinking, haven't seen any posts from @TRS30 for a bit, hope everything is okay as he's a pretty consistent poster, or was he just away on Easter holidays?

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Niceeeeeee.!!!... you have my jealousies sir!!

Enjoy!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Absolutely glorious afternoon in the wee county! Mist seems to have finally burned off and the sun is shining....long may it last...especially as we have a bouncy castle booked for the weekend!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Says he was last online yesterday so hopefully he’s not just dodging us haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Sorry I haven't been on much lately. The site is so slow and buggy lately. The bookmarks fiasco is soo frustrating.

Hope everyone is well. I've no news really, just getting on with stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Another grey start to the day here in North County Dublin. We had a beautiful evening yesterday, so I'm hoping for more of that, but the forecast doesn't look too promising...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm the exact same. Site is just a nightmare any time I come to post so I just don't bother....even typing this has been so frustrating. Site is so glitchy!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same drop off in posting for myself for these reasons.

Seems to be behaving a bit better today though.

Yes, grey and windy here but dry. Yesterday evening was beautiful, kids were outside until nearly 7.30, they didn't want to come in! Was looking like the sun was trying to come through there a while a go but it seems to have given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

The youngest here has been going out as soon as the homework is done, pops back for his dinner and then we don't see him until 8.30. It's great that he's outside so much.

I haven't been posting much so haven't noticed any issues with boards. I've 3 college modules on the go so pretty busy. All over by the end of May though, so looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've been getting so much washing done this week.Stuff like blankets the dogs sit on for the couch which I usually do leave a bit too long are get their turn!The one day turn around is fantastic. Good weather used to make me think "pints?" oh how the times have changed.

I've a manic week in work and Easter was just as bad.I'm dying for the weekend.

Yes, getting the washing out is a major bonus of the good weather. The older I get, the more I understand why my mother used to be so frustrated if we didn't put the washing out on a good day! Hopefully the weather will last the weekend as we have a bouncy castle ordered! My little baby is going to be three! I feel like she was just a baby yesterday! The old adage of "The days are long but the years are short" is so true 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I cut my grass today, its bloody cold!

(PS, Anymore important information i get i will update you immediately)

Site seems to have slowed down in post numbers considerably recently. Was offline for a few days and was expecting loads of posts this morning but its quite quiet, maybe the brighter evenings have kick started the traditional summer slowdown?

Yeah I say it’s a lot to do with it.

although with the temp to drop to 2 degrees tonight you’d wonder where spring has gone!

Yes, very quiet around these parts of late. Possibly people are out and about, although the weather has been shocking of late! Hard to believe that this day next week, it will be May

We had the twins confirmation on Friday last & it had felt like we'd been planning it since we came back after Christmas and cant believe it has come & gone so quickly. As you say with May starting next week the year is going at a fair lick already and we're not even near the madness that double digits in the countdown brings.

Could be a blink & miss it year at this rate.

• Advertisement

Yep the quickest year by far in a long time. I find bank holiday weekend zip past as does the preceding 4 day week. So we’ll be well into May before we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

At least another bank holiday this weekend, a short week ahead thank god, yes this year is flying by.

Another quiet day in here. Booked some summer camps for the kids this morning, that's about the highlight around these parts! Roll on the long weekend!

Hope you all enjoyed the confirmation @DvB!

Very quiet today. Sun is shining but not overly warm out. I’m ready for summer now I must say.

All went really well & everyone seemed to enjoy themselves so all good, thanks!

The amount of cleaning beforehand was off the charts, deeper than we do at Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

There's nothing like people coming over that motivates you to clean random things like skirting boards!

And the walls you know things are bad when youre scrubbing walls before guests call over.

Fecking dogs!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The end of my hall wall is all black, and I know it's from the dog walking up and down and rubbing off the walls. I don't know who is to blame for all the holes that have been mysteriously dug in the back garden, though. 🤨

One thing we did note was that the hall stairs & landing needs repainting badly, with plenty of holes/indents needing filling too. The collateral damage of family day to day living unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Happy Long Weekend everyone! The weather is looking decidedly un-summery for a May Bank Holiday but sure if it doesn't rain, it'll be grand! Off for a night away with Mr. CL over the weekend & looking forward to a kid-free 24 hours!

Advertisement