Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I hope they put it on Lesnar, twice the champions, half the defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Give it to Jey Uso who then hands it off to Reigns and we get a half hour Heyman promo about what "undisputed" means.

How long until someone cuts a promo about that belt and mentions flair and dusty as ex champions?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gorgeous belt but fairly pointless. It's like giving a runner-up a gold medal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Raw after backlash. Cody will cut this promo hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I feel like all this could have been avoided if they had McIntyre pin theory after he cashed in at CATC and made it a triple threat and declare he won only one of the titles.

Or have Heyman remind Cody that winning the royal rumble gives you a title shot at one of the championships not both and have Cody go over as WWE champion and leave reigns with the universal championship.

Technically we now have 3 world titles in play in an already stretched main event scene.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I imagine we'll end up with a new merged belt for Roman out of this too though not till he hits 1000 days as Universal Champ which just so happens to be Night of Champions as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Keep Cody away from this title. Seen someone say he didn't acknowledge the belt so maybe that's a positive sign.

Other than that, even though it wasn't handled great, they had to do this. They can't cripple a 3 hour show any longer without a champion. As long as they don't put the **** thing on Brock I've no particular preference, plenty of worthy contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Knowing Vince it will 100% go on Brock

On a sidenote where did the Rollins v omos match come from? Still find it hilarious that MVP states he gives Omos the opportunity to beat the best WWE has to offer...yet loses them all

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can Reigns challenge for this new world title 😄

LWO need to start winning

• Advertisement

Reigns Vs Lesnar for the super undisputed no take backsies we really mean it this time galaxy heavyweight championship.

It's the only logical match to main event wrestle mania XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Kyokushin Grappler

The problem is that if he does win this belt, it will be seen as a consolation prize for not letting him win at Mania. It's like they finally realised that they backed themselves into a corner by having Roman win again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE Consolation World Championship is hilarious. Once again, the booking of themselves into a corner at Mania has caused them issues.

Cody absolutely should not be winning this belt either. It should be Seth, who is the only one Roman hasn't beaten, AND is a big enough name to instantly put it as a top level title. Any other name would be a mistake.

Cody needs to beat Reigns clean for the titles imho

Finn with a decent heel reign and the Judgement Day behind him could work too. Though it would probably be Bloodline-lite so I doubt they'll go that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering why this thread had so many unread replies today.

Too scared to take the belt off Roman so just make up a new one. And if Heyman doesn't mention how they're not the real champion then he's missing a big chance. But I'm sure they'll probably tell him and Roman not to say anything like that and diminish this new title they're already fighting an uphill battle with.

So with the insistence that roman stays on the one brand, maybe they'll be more picky with who goes where if no crossing over. Of course the whole thing about him staying on one brand means he only has to maybe decide to show up on one show a week.

Will they also separate the tag titles? Any word yet on how the champ will be decided? Tournament? Multi-man match?

And when he said it will be defended anytime, anywhere, all over the world, does that mean it's really the new 24/7 title?

On another note, Mandy and now Maxxine? Otis isn't doing too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Ah lads, that belt is a joke.

Like don't get me wrong, it looks pretty great but they literally made the belt for people Roman beat. It's not even a runner up medal, it's 3rd place.

They need a World Title for sure but it only solidifies that not letting Cody win (or Sami, or just getting one belt off him) was a disasterous move. No matter what happens it can never look like anything more than a booby prize, a shame cause there's plenty of people who I'd love a title on under normal circumstances, I also think more than ever this signals that they have no intention of taking the belt of Roman anytime soon which is even more worrying.

EDIT - Total aside, Bad Bunny deserves a lot of props, he outs a lot of time and work in and didn't expect a solo street fight. He's clearly delighted to be doing this.

Presumably they'll want the draft out of the way before they announce the title details. Presumably a tournament with qualifying matches. Doubt they'll go multi-man with MITB around the corner. Speaking of, I guess there's a good chance of a world title match at MITB now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder how long this was planned or did they just decide they needed something big for Saudi?

• Advertisement

Finn vs. Seth, run it back for the new title this time we have heel Finn with JD behind him

That’s actually a good shout and would be a good match up too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

They already have a champ on Raw that can go #AllDay.😕

• At last, a good looking belt. When's the last time they introduced a smart looking belt? NXT UK?

All their other midcard/tag-teams belt over the past decade plus have been stinkers.

As for the purpose of it...networks putting pressure on them to have their own individual champion and face off the show?

I'd imagine USA can't be happy about Roman having both belts on FOX most of the time alright. There's little murmurs of the brand split actually effecting the PLEs again going forward too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Further Irish representation on the Raw roster going forward. JD McDonagh (Jordan Devlin) called up in the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rhea to Raw (women's title change extremely likely now)

Austin Theory and US title to SD

Seth Rollins to Raw

Charlotte To SD

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

R2

KO and Sami to Raw

The Usos to SD

Judgement Day to Raw

LWO with Rey to SD

Liv, Raquel, Trish, Ronda, Shayna, Kofi and Xavier to Raw

Asuka, Brawling Brutes and LA Knight to SD