Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Very helpful many thanks. Did notice the Steering wheel heater seem to default to the on setting, when i got in the car..First Glitch or am I missing something in Settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I had a glitch where it wouldn't turn off when preheating the car and turning off the screen didn't help. A number of issues resolve themselves when you get out, lock the car and leave it for 10-15 minutes but any issue I have is easily resolved. If you don't press 'ok' on your profile when you get in, the screens are laggy. Turn off the screen and on again and select your profile and it's fine.

There's an issue where the car will prompt about new settings do you want to apply, this is a bug and a control module needs to be replaced by a dealer. If you confirm it resets your ambient light colours. It's annoying but goes away if you leave it. I haven't been arsed calling my dealer to see if they have the fix available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ev fan

Quick question on the software version of the infotainment system. Does anyone know what versions were introduced from the factory. My Cupra was manufactured wk 51 of 2022. I've seen varying accounts that 3.2 version started mid last year - then after August. Also rumour that version 3.4 was introduced before the end of 2022. Anyone got info on actual factory software schedules?

Hi

i have my cupra a week..Software is 0561..As far as I can tell from the Cupra forum uk..It's 3.1.

Check that forum it's very good.

Bt the way my app is down since last night..Any issues on your end..

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

I'm still on 3.0.0 (0333) and can't get it to update at all. Tried the ignition on and off trick multiple times but no luck.

• Advertisement

No issues with my app - don't use it much though. Do you know when your car was actually manufactured? Per Battery life you tube 3.2 was to be introduced by around mid 2022. AFAIK the software version is clearly indicated on the infotainment system on the ID3 but not the Cupra Born. From what I've seen 0561(which I have as well) doesn't necessarily pin down the software version as it is dictated by software changes on various control units. Could anyone with say a new ID3 manufactured in last month or so of 2022 verify what their software version is? - I'm assuming in this that new software versions for both the ID3 and the Cupra Born are introduced concurrently?

I think VW are up to their necks on trying to get a rollout for the OTA update 3.0 for the many customers waiting on this. I guess higher revisions/ updates might not happen for quite some time.

Agreed, but I believe a couple of owners on here have got an update...

I thought 3.0 was supposed to be the first version to support proper OTA updates? Surprised cars aren't getting anything. I don't believe I have an update from 3.1 either. The biggest hurdle is getting from 2.4 to 3.0 that dealers are struggling to even do.

Judging from the Facebook group I'm in, a lot of people aren't on 3.1 as people are always surprised by the trip details on the driver display.

Hi, jusy checked and the car was manufactured in Jan 2023. They have an odd way of showing the Software version..Like my old ID3 it showed the actual Version as 3.1..not like the cupra..0561, which you have to go digging on the Blogs to see what that version is..I still can't confirm if it's 3.1..or later...It is very stable in comparison to the ID3.

• Advertisement

Mine shows a couple of designations for the software:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got prompted to update the software this morning. Sesms very minor. Update took a few seconds.

Same here, fixes errors, bugs, and say's better OTA info ,..??

Is it an actual update? I know some update prompts are just for navigation or the app store updating. Haven't heard of anyone getting a proper OTA update yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The prompt had a proper title, something like Software Update. It wasn't the same look as the one that says 'new settings are available' that constantly pops up.

Something along these lines (from a Leon) ? There are fairly regular small updates done like this on the Leon anyway.

Just checking my tyres..

Bridgestone Turanza Eco..

Anyone unfortunate enough to have had a flat..What's the best procedure..

I presume pump in the Goop..Inflate and RUN to the nearest garage.

As far as I can tell the Turanza are not Run Flat..No Markings to say otherwise other than TUBELESS..

And then be told the Tyre needs replacing as they are too lazy to repair it.

I think tyre sealant makes the inside messy for a repair. A quick Google shows car tyre sealant is only temporary so I don't see why a fix wouldn't be possible to repair otherwise everyone would be buying new tyres at a serious premium.

Fair enough if it isn't a normal €15 puncture repair but I'd rather they spent time cleaning the goop for a repair than having to buy a new tyre. Or in my case, two tyres, because they're not new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I had a proper flat tyre and 3 cases of slow punctures bring the pressure down to early 20s PSI. As soon as the car tells me pressure is low I am straight to the tyre place to get it sorted. For the proper flat tyre, I was outside my parents house when I saw it and there's a tyre place about 400m away so I drove it over slowly and got it fixed, tyre was fine. Haven't used the repair kit yet but it's in back of my mind to figure out how. I'd much prefer a spare tyre and a jacking kit and i asked my tyre guy about getting me one but it would take up too much space in the boot every single day for something that is a rare occurrence.

Just note with the compressor supplied, I think the car needs to be on for the 12v socket in boot to work and as us born users know, the car turns itself off when you exit vehicle that's where the start/stop button on steering wheel column comes in. On the day I had the flat tyre I had forgotten I even had a button there.

11000kms on my car now and tyres still have plenty left on them all.

• Advertisement

Great info thanks..

Do you have the Bridgestone Turanza on yours as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Comer1

Assuming the compressor has a gauge on it, there's me paying €2 at the local garage to put air in the tyres like a mug. I've been meaning to top them up lately.

Ah I'd pay the 2 eur no problem unless very stuck

When do these cars go in for inspection for 1st time? I'm on 12k kms now, I assume its not for another while anyway. I have service pack inclusive anyway

Servicing intervals are painfully vague and inconsistent with the Born/ID.3. As far as I know it's just a 2 year interval. VW's UK website says 2 years or 20,000mi (32,00km) which is the first time I've seen a mileage mentioned.

Cupra's website says 2yrs/30,000km and an annual checkup every year after but for ICE the checkup is recommended every 2 years. Assuming they run a diagnostic on the battery and probably the usual brake pad/suspension/tyres health check. I'm sure there's a battery coolant flush around 5 years or so like other EVs.

Thanks, not going in for a while yet so. I've a replacement set of tyres covered in service pack so I'll just keep an eye on them. Bit of time to go on them too. I presume everyone has the set of tyres included?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭n.d.os

How do you find those tyres? I had them on my old 221 A3 and I actually got rid of the car due to terrible road noise. I was never able to establish with Audi if the tyres were causing it. I used to get a loud humm around 90kph.

• Advertisement

Having gone from the ID3 with Goodyear Tyres, to the Cupra with Bridgestone I do think there is a bit more road noise..However I don't get a the Humm at high speed..Time will tell as the car is only a month old.

Advertisement